I've been thinking about us as a community...

HELLO NEW POSTERS! I know this is tedious but you need to post here first so that we can fully release your membership. It's to prevent the board being strafed by spammers, sorry about the slight inconvenience.

Re: I've been thinking about us as a community...

Postby Noir » 26 Apr 2012, 12:21

Just what I was about to post Robyn! Neither does my 2.5 year old.
Noir

Postby ToothFairy » 26 Apr 2012, 12:31

None of mine sleep that long either!! I think it's a myth :D
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Pics » 26 Apr 2012, 12:32

(SHHHH! Iona has slept through for TWO nights now)
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Postby jamumi » 07 Jul 2012, 19:27

thank you
i've literally this minute signed up and that was nice to read. Amelia is 4 months and i've just stopped breast feeding and moved her onto formula... feeling somewhat guilty but i have an operation next week and a 3 year old who also requires my attention (in her opinion a lot of it lol!)

i did a mixture of puree's and solid food with jessica, and spent hours creating some wonderful creations... and putting them into ice cube trays etc. this time i have neither the time nor quite frankly the inclination to do that, and the idea that amelia can just feed herself sounds wonderful!

of course i'm slightly nervous about starting her straight onto solids, so i decided to find somewhere that can guide me on how, when, what etc etc!

so it's nice to meet you and hopefully i'll be speaking to more of you over the next few months

xxx
jamumi

Postby Aitch » 09 Jul 2012, 15:23

you're very welcome. and the good news is that you can hang fire on the food for the next couple of months, and stick to milk for now while she matures to the point when she'll be able to self-feed. (it's usually around 6 months). hope your op goes well, and the 3 year old doesn't jump on your stitches!
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Javajoetoes » 26 Jul 2012, 09:24

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading that post Aitch. I feel like I found you guys just in time. My gorgeous 8 month old refuses a spoon in any way shape or form...apart from maybe to use as a drumstick.I put this down to having Calpol shoved at him from an early age (started teething at 2 months, 1st tooth at 5 and a half months and we're now on number 7). He hates spoons. My heart leapt when he picked up a piece of lamb fat from my plate and tucked right in, I thought that I could finally see a light at the end of the tunnel...he will eat!!! I have been trying to keep my anxiety at bay but this kinda thing has a way of burrowing into you especially when your friends (breastfed) babies are practically banqueting on puree :scream . Health visitor is all like yeah he's healthy but he should be having more food....it feels like there is nowhere safe to discuss what to do and no-one to just say hey...he's OK and he will eat (apart from me to myself and occasionally my husband but only when I cry) so thank you..you've made me feel a lot better :D
Javajoetoes

Postby Aitch » 06 Aug 2012, 23:29

hooray! man, this motherhood thing is BONKERS, isn't it? don't sweat the small stuff, java, especially if your son is super-smart and telling you what he wants to do.
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Ezwill » 22 Feb 2013, 12:35

Hi all just glad to find such a helpful sight. I have a 3 month little princess and I'm just trying to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible. I'm looking forward to learning :)
Ezwill

Postby Aitch » 28 Feb 2013, 20:17

thanks, make yourself at home... <plumps cushions>
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Valentine » 10 Jan 2014, 05:19

I'm new and thrilled to join in! I just finished an hour long breastfeeding session to get my 3 mo. old to sleep and am celebrating with some BLW chatter. XoJody
Valentine

Postby sabrina fair » 10 Jan 2014, 13:07

Welcome Valentine! Make yourself at home.
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Previous

Return to New member introductions