Maybe if I post here the moderators will stop blocking me?

HELLO NEW POSTERS! I know this is tedious but you need to post here first so that we can fully release your membership. It's to prevent the board being strafed by spammers, sorry about the slight inconvenience.

Maybe if I post here the moderators will stop blocking me?

Postby lmcwil » 01 Nov 2016, 19:39

Hi,

I'm Laura- I've been trying to post onto a few of the message boards but none of my posts are getting put up. Maybe if I post something here the moderators will stop blocking me? I don't know.

I started my 7-month old girl, Gemma, on solids about a week before she turned 6 months. I don't know any other moms who are doing BLW, so I was hoping to find some support in these forums. My pediatrician seems kind of clueless about BLW. Both of the grandmas are kind of freaked out by it.

So far I think it's going really well, except just the last few days she seems to be a bit constipated. She loves to eat and I think it's really helping her to develop excellent hand-eye coordination!

We live in Texas, USA, but I hope to move next year.

I look forward to chatting with some of ya'll if the Moderators will stop blocking me.

Cheers,
~L
lmcwil

Re: Maybe if I post here the moderators will stop blocking m

Postby sabrina fair » 01 Nov 2016, 19:52

Hi and welcome! Sorry if you haven't been able to post - it's not us mods blocking you, it's just that we've had some issues firstly with loads of spammers and then with some technical difficulties that may well have stopped your posts showing up to us.

Sounds like you and Gemma have made a brilliant start, glad to hear that you're enjoying yourselves. If you think she's getting a bit constipated then try giving her dried apricots or fruits like plums or prunes to help her loosen up a bit. Banana can bung kids up so limit that for the moment. Also make sure she has plenty of fluids - breast milk if you're BFing or water alongside her food (she'll probably just play with it now but the sips she has in between will help her).

Hope that helps!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Marrow » 02 Nov 2016, 11:05

Yes, sorry about that! We have a system where new posters need to have their first few posts approved (to stop the spammers) but we've also been having technical problems, which have stopped us being able to see / approve those posts.

I've just approved another one of your posts - I think the rest were more attempts to post the same thing, but please try again if not.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby qbm » 05 Nov 2016, 21:39

Yes, I tried and failed repeatedly to approve one of your posts and had to give up in the end. Sorry!

Hopefully that's you sorted now. :)
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Return to New member introductions