Hi from London

HELLO NEW POSTERS! I know this is tedious but you need to post here first so that we can fully release your membership. It's to prevent the board being strafed by spammers, sorry about the slight inconvenience.

Hi from London

Postby Sandi11 » 11 Oct 2016, 05:56

Hi all

I'm completely new here & second time mum. I have 2 boys one is 3 years old and my youngest is just coming up to 6 months. I puréed with my first son and he is a complete fusspot! Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I've decided to go for BLW this time as I'm a lot more relaxed and feel this is best for my baby. I'm also hoping my eldest son will see his little brother being adventurous and trying all these new things and will want to do so himself - maybe some wishful thinking there haha!

I'm here for further info & tips

Thanks & best wishes

Sandi
Sandi11

Re: Hi from London

Postby lizandimo » 12 Oct 2016, 01:52

Hi and welcome! There's loads of information here - have a good read around and feel free to ask any questions you have :)
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Re: Hi from London

Postby EnigmaFish » 14 Oct 2016, 19:43

Welcome! If you've read Gill Rapley's book, she really does sell BLW as a way to ensure that your child won't be a fussy eater. There are a lot of us here in the forum that will tell you: in real life there are no such guarantees. My Kleintje was a fantastic eater the first two years, but she's become very selective now. What I find now is that BLW has given me a confidence and a trust in her that I mightn't have had. We have food disagreements, but we don't have food battles.

(And by the way, if you haven't read the book, you definitely should. It has lots of great advice, even if my opinion is that she's wrong about the fussy eaters!)
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Return to New member introductions