First unread post skips to next page

General information on site issues. Here is where you moan about stuff not working, basically.

Moderators: AB&M, skip

First unread post skips to next page

Postby Lily » 23 Jul 2013, 09:15

Every so often, when I hit first unread post, it takes me to the first page I haven't read, instead - so if the first post I haven't read is only halfway down a page, I miss half a page of posts. It probably happens about 20% of the time, maybe more, as I often only realise if someone quotes a post I've missed. I can't work out any pattern to it. Is it just me?
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Re: First unread post skips to next page

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 23 Jul 2013, 09:35

Does it happen on the larger threads? I used to have a problem on big threads. Can't say I have noticed anything recently though.
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby Marrow » 23 Jul 2013, 10:09

If I'm looking at the last page and the first unread post is on that page (usually if there's only one page, so the first is the last iyswim) then unread posts skips half way down the page to where I want it to be.

But if I'm looking at a page that isn't the last page, unread posts skips to the first page I haven't read.

Is that what's happening with you? Doesn't help, but might make it more predictable!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby mamapup » 23 Jul 2013, 11:18

Me too.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Lily » 23 Jul 2013, 16:42

Marrow wrote:If I'm looking at the last page and the first unread post is on that page (usually if there's only one page, so the first is the last iyswim) then unread posts skips half way down the page to where I want it to be.

But if I'm looking at a page that isn't the last page, unread posts skips to the first page I haven't read.

Is that what's happening with you? Doesn't help, but might make it more predictable!

Yes, I think that's it! Will pay closer attention and at least I'll know when to expect it.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Return to Site Matters