BLW babywearing forum??

General information on site issues. Here is where you moan about stuff not working, basically.

Moderators: AB&M, skip

BLW babywearing forum??

Postby skip » 20 Nov 2011, 10:26

Do we need another forum within the forum? ;) I've never quite got my head around the natural mamas site and since there's someone posting about slings and wraps every few days on here... Aitch? What say you?

Could be a good source of info for our clan of budding hippies. Goodness knows we have enough sling junkie knowledge between us all. :D
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Re: BLW babywearing forum??

Postby ToothFairy » 20 Nov 2011, 11:15

Sounds like a good plan to me Skip :D seriously impressed with your squishy back carry BTW!
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Rose Bud » 20 Nov 2011, 11:58

i think it would be a great idea, (I wish I had known about them when R was a baby) but you will *really* need to have a good glossary (illustrated preferably) because I find all the different names very confusing!
Head gardener to a mostly pink rambling Rose since 09/07. Generally disease resistant, with an upright habit and colourful displays all year round.
Rose Bud

Postby skip » 20 Nov 2011, 12:27

Good idea RB.

Heheh TF - it took many attempts! It helps that he has amazing head control/neck strength already (M was the same) so there's not so much of throwing a floppy little thing over your shoulder... ;)

Question for the general babywearing populace: my back is killing me post-birth - whether I'm carrying R in my arms, or in the wrap (front or back). Combo of awkward/tense co-sleeping, a heavy baby and dodgy back recovering from pregnancy? Either way it's pissing me off as for the first time babywearing is hurting my back. Can't afford an osteopath right now but has anyone else had a sore back after pregnancy (and had it miraculously get better on its own, pls pls pls?)??
skip

Postby Jelly Belly » 20 Nov 2011, 13:22

No back help but living the babywearing forum idea.
The Chooby 28/10/07
Squirmy 12/12/09
Baby Bam 13/06/13
Jelly Belly

Postby ceeLIN » 20 Nov 2011, 20:20

Yes! That would be brilliant! NM is just a bit scary really and everyone here is so nice is would be great!

Sorry Skip, no help on the bad back problem i'm afraid - my previously problematic back improved dramatically while i was pregnant and i haven't really have any probs since.
DD1 aka Baby Cee July 2009
DD2 March 2013
ceeLIN

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 20 Nov 2011, 20:25

Skip, great idea! Re: the achy back - I had similar issues when Isaac was small. I couldn't understand how carrying a less than nine pound baby could be harder on my back than being pregnant and carrying a thirty pound toddler! It sorted itself out fairly quickly though so I just put it down to my body adjusting itself after the pregnancy/labour/sleeping on crappy hospital beds/sleeping in awkward positions while co-sleeping.. I hope it stops hurting for you soon!
Mummy to the Ragamuffin since 01/07/09 and the Small Boy since 30/07/11 ♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby Aitch » 20 Nov 2011, 22:04

no worries you hippy freaks. :D

HOWEVER. babywearing? really? it's nearly as wanky as baby-led weaning. :scream
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby bearsmum » 20 Nov 2011, 22:06

Yeah I agree, let's have a dedicated BW section. I am a frequenter of NM. Took me ages to get my head around all the jargon but now I'm extremely addicted to the FSOT boards! Didn't help that I've always been a cloth nappy addict... :oops:

Sorry, can't help with the back pain Skip but really hope it gets better on its own.
Mummy of the Bear (10/10/07) and Baby Brother (16/11/10)
bearsmum

Postby skip » 20 Nov 2011, 22:06

Aitch wrote:no worries you hippy freaks. :D

I know... I kind of hate that term. How about BLW slingers and wrappers?
skip

Postby bearsmum » 20 Nov 2011, 22:07

Aitch wrote:no worries you hippy freaks. :D

:D :D :D :D
Mummy of the Bear (10/10/07) and Baby Brother (16/11/10)
bearsmum

Postby shye » 20 Nov 2011, 22:10

Hilarious. And yes. And double yes to explaining things!!!

And skip- my back was awful after Eden & I sometimes struggled with wearing him... The midwife can refer you to a postnatal physio. That helped.
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby skip » 20 Nov 2011, 22:14

shye wrote:And skip- my back was awful after Eden & I sometimes struggled with wearing him... The midwife can refer you to a postnatal physio. That helped.

Oooh NHS? That's what I need. Although DH is trying to barter sexual favours for back massages. I'm genuinely tempted. Wow. That was TMI, sorry. I blame the sleep deprivation.
skip

Postby Aitch » 20 Nov 2011, 22:20

i recently tore my ligaments/tendons and injured my ankle joint (bad fall... ambulance... was alone with girls... blocked main road... cops... flashing lights and thought i had broken dd2's neck... basically not a brilliant day) and the NHS physio has been absolutely brilliant. i fear that we may be about to give up and go for ortho help but she really could not have been more kind, have seen her twice a week, which is amazing service really.

slingers and wrappers? so we are talking about nappies and slings, yes? no worries. and you know that barring incident i don't give a damn if you sell things/swap amongst yourselves, don't you? will revise that as soon as sharks move in but until then..?
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Aitch » 20 Nov 2011, 22:20

i recently tore my ligaments/tendons and injured my ankle joint (bad fall... ambulance... was alone with girls... blocked main road... cops... flashing lights and thought i had broken dd2's neck... basically not a brilliant day) and the NHS physio has been absolutely brilliant. i fear that we may be about to give up and go for ortho help but she really could not have been more kind, have seen her twice a week, which is amazing service really.

slingers and wrappers? so we are talking about nappies and slings, yes? no worries. and you know that barring incident i don't give a damn if you sell things/swap amongst yourselves, don't you? will revise that as soon as sharks move in but until then..?
Aitch
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Matters