Eaatbourne airshow

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Eaatbourne airshow

Postby LucyLastic » 15 Aug 2015, 20:53

Popped to Eastbourne yesterday with C and saw an RAF Typhoon (amazeballs) and the Red Arrows (even more so). Am no plane geek but we happened to be on the top floor of a multi storey carpark when the former rocked up and set all the car alarms off and who doesn't know who the Red Arrows are? (Apart from everyone who lives abroad, in which case, google is your friend!) So we went for the afternoon today. Traffic and parking were horrific but it was still great. Loads of places for (really unhealthy) food, inflatable stuff for them to play on (if you sell a kidney to fund it!) Free entry, free concerts in the evening. Oh, and planes. Vulcan, Spitfire, Blenheim, other stuff (I wasn't paying enough attention to the announcer). So I'd definitely recommend it, but avoid the Saturday and get the train from Polegate or Lewes to avoid the traffic (bonus train excitement!) C was really well behaved, apart from a paddy when I bought her a 99 flake cornet and she whined through her tears that she wanted 'a proper ice cream'. Tsk, kids these days, don't know they're born, etc... :-D
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Eaatbourne airshow

Postby ChristmasGift » 17 Aug 2015, 18:32

We live in the South East and the Red Arrows flew over the playground we were at on Saturday midday - on their way to the airshow I guess. That was all of 5 seconds and pretty awesome so imagine actually seeing them do their 'thing' must be really spectacular!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Return to Things to do/Places to go