Christmas activities in SE London?

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Christmas activities in SE London?

Postby busmother » 09 Dec 2014, 09:57

We'll be heading down to my parents in SE London on 19th Dec, so just wondered if anyone in the area had suggestions of fun, not too expensive, child-friendly activities in the first part of Christmas week that might be fun to take three 4 1/2 - 5 yr olds and a 2 yr old to?
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Re: Christmas activities in SE London?

Postby t&n's mummy » 09 Dec 2014, 19:26

I'm sure Kate is far more knowledgeable... But here is my 2 penniworth...

South bank Christmas fair, not been for the last few years but I did walk around there at 41+ 5 nearly 5 years ago...

Horniman has some lovely farmers market and xmassy stuff on at the weekend

Around here there are at least 6 school fairs on each weekend, all trying to outdo each other, last weekend was the battle of the ice rink vs husky dogs... Obv school stuff will have stopped but lots of community stuff on that weekend I expect.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby mamapup » 09 Dec 2014, 19:41

To add that vauxhall has some stuff going on in the pleasure gardens...just down the road from me!

South bank has a little train and an xmas tree maze, which is not worth £4 a person...I know from experience.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 09 Dec 2014, 20:37

I just got an email from the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich about their Christmas stuff. And if the kids aren't interested there is always the Maritime Museum and Greenwich Park.

I have heard good things about Canary Wharf's Christmas stuff from local mums but I haven't been. Check out the local museums etc too as they will all have Christmas exhibits on. We are going ice skating at a local garden centre on Christmas eve, you might find something similar near your parents.
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby busmother » 10 Dec 2014, 11:04

Ooh, Greenwich could be interesting - would keep DH happy too as he's not overly thrilled to be spending so much time in London, but we were dreading packed trains if we went later. And lots of other good possibilities too. Thank you!
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Return to Things to do/Places to go