Seattle?

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Seattle?

Postby lizandimo » 14 Aug 2014, 03:52

This may be a bit of a long shot, but we're off on a road trip to Olympic National Park at the end of the month and we're hoping to stop in Seattle for a day or 2 either on the way or way back and I want to make the most of it. Has anyone spent any time in Seattle? What are the must-do's on a short time frame?

TIA :)
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Re: Seattle?

Postby eterna » 14 Aug 2014, 04:26

Hey, we are on our way to Seattle at the end of the month! We've never been but our friends moved there and have a week full of fun stuff planned for us. She said the zoo is fantastic, but it's also quite large so takes pretty much a whole day. She also said that the Columbia tower observatory is better than going up the space needle. We've also got some time planned for the science center, the museum of flight (I guess they are having a special event on the 23-24th), pike place market, and Molly moon ice cream!

I get the feeling it's a pretty great city and you probably can't go wrong no matter what you do (possible exception is the aquarium and the children's museum which are both kind of rundown)

Have a great vacation!
Mom to A - Sep. 2009 & O - May 2013
eterna

Re: Seattle?

Postby lizandimo » 14 Aug 2014, 04:41

What a coincidence! Thanks for the tips - especially about the aquarium not being too good, that's something I might have inadvertently gone to! I've just googled Molly Moon ice cream and some of those flavours sound awesome, DH shouldn't take too much convincing on that one :) I'd read about Pike Place market, that looks really good.

Thanks, I'm just hoping we all survive the drive down! Hope you guys have fun!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Return to Things to do/Places to go