Eating out in Munich

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Eating out in Munich

Postby Crisi » 28 Jul 2014, 22:06

My 15 month old is a pretty good eater and usually I bring an Inglesina seat for her when we go out, but when we fly to Germany next month I was planning to just use restaurant high chairs and save the weight. But now as I look around online, I see info that a lot of restaurants don't have high chairs in Europe? Is that true? I really don't want to have to bring her portable one... What do parents do with their kids then?
Crisi

Re: Eating out in Munich

Postby t&n's mummy » 28 Jul 2014, 22:15

They didn't do high hairs in Ukraine, do you have one of those fabric harness things that you tie around chairs? That might help, though they don't fit all chairs.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Crisi » 29 Jul 2014, 03:09

I thought about those, but would it get her very high towards the table?
Crisi

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 29 Jul 2014, 10:14

I know some people really rate the fabric harnesses but we never got on with them when Crumpet was small. She never seemed secure enough and was too low. Would you LO sit on your lap or on a big chair (is she too little to kneel on the chair?).
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby Crisi » 10 Aug 2014, 22:43

I really don't know how well she'd kneel on a chair, I suppose we will try that some. She'll eat in my lap, but that just means I can't eat as well! She likes to try to "help" me eat or simply redirect my fork to her mouth! I think she'd be okay on a booster seat, but I doubt they have those much more than highchairs. We will have an apartment at least, so plenty of meals will be home. Hoping that there she can maybe use a coffee table to eat or something low.
Crisi

Return to Things to do/Places to go