Harry potter studios

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Harry potter studios

Postby Nix » 30 Jun 2014, 11:07

Has anyone been? Anyone taken a toddler? Wondering whether to take the buggy or to let her walk around. Also need something to do in Watford for about 4 hours before we go in. Child/teen friendly suggestions? I am taking my two sisters aged 18 and 16. Hoping for dry weather! So Excited!! We are there on Wednesday.
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Re: Harry potter studios

Postby weasley » 30 Jun 2014, 11:28

We went when Scoot was three. It was great but he kept wanting to shoot off ahead and you can't go back IYSWIM (once you go out of the big doors to the outside, you can't go back in the main hall again) I think you might want to be able to keep her in one place on occasions, if you actually want to have a proper look. Anyway, the buggy is always handy to dump bags and coats in and abandon randomly :wink: that's what we end to do anyway. Not sure about things to do in watford; we went to a swimming pool somewhere and then had a picnic in the park before heading to out time slot. Have fun! Oh and the shop is rather pricey! Scoot was desperate for a wand but they only had the proper replica £25 ones.
Mammy to Scoot(4.7.08) and Toot(4.11.10) and Ducks(26.08.13)
weasley

Postby robyn » 30 Jun 2014, 12:29

cassiobury park in watford is great, little train, splash park, playground, nice cafe...
or hop on the tube for a few mins and come and have a cuppa here!
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby Nix » 30 Jun 2014, 14:50

Thanks! The park sounds perfect I will bring Pippa's uv suit in case it's sunny! I think I will take the buggy round. We can always get her out if she gets fed up. At least she won't be mithering in the shop. My 16 year old sister is taking lots of money for souvenirs though. We want a butterbeer also. Thanks for the offer Robyn. It's going to be really comforting knowing so many forumers are around us!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Return to Things to do/Places to go