Playgrounds/parks in or near Tunbridge Wells?

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Playgrounds/parks in or near Tunbridge Wells?

Postby AwayinaChive » 17 May 2014, 08:42

I'm going to meet a friend from London (the internet type!) and she says halfway is Tunbridge Wells. Does anyone know any nice playgrounds there, or near there, that we could meet at and our kids could play?
DD1- 7/2007, DD2- 2/2010, DS- 7/2006- in heaven

Wooden stuff I make and sell www.pebblegrove.etsy.com
AwayinaChive

Re: Playgrounds/parks in or near Tunbridge Wells?

Postby jvnt » 17 May 2014, 12:21

Dunorlan Park? It's slightly out of town but it used to be lovely. There also used to be a green area with rocks you could climb on down near the pantiles.

I went to school round that way but haven't been back for 20 years so hopefully someone with more recent experience will come along soon!
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby felizefun » 17 May 2014, 20:49

Isn't Turnbridge Wells close to Ashford forest, where A.A. Milne lived? If so, there is the original 'hundred acre wood' which inspired his Winnie The Pooh stories. The kids and you could go for a woodland walk, then have tea in Piglet's Tearoom (sorry, can't remember the exact name). I want to take my DD there one day.
felizefun

Postby AwayinaChive » 18 May 2014, 18:59

felizefun wrote:Isn't Turnbridge Wells close to Ashford forest, where A.A. Milne lived? If so, there is the original 'hundred acre wood' which inspired his Winnie The Pooh stories. The kids and you could go for a woodland walk, then have tea in Piglet's Tearoom (sorry, can't remember the exact name). I want to take my DD there one day.

I forgot about that place! We went there years ago when dd1 was a baby, I'll check it out!

More ideas welcome too!
DD1- 7/2007, DD2- 2/2010, DS- 7/2006- in heaven

Wooden stuff I make and sell www.pebblegrove.etsy.com
AwayinaChive

Return to Things to do/Places to go