Last minute holiday to Trevone, nr Padstow Cornwall?

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Last minute holiday to Trevone, nr Padstow Cornwall?

Postby A_W » 31 Mar 2012, 11:37

I have the chance to go to Trevone near Padstow for a week over Easter. Free holiday cottage that sleeps 11 near the beach. The only down side is my dh can't come with us as his new boss is being a prat. So it would be me and H & A, and my parents who will be there the whole time, my sister and family for some of it. And of course the weather is not going to be like this week so any recommendations from any Cornish blwer's? :D

I've had a quick google and thought we could go to Newquay to the aquarium if it's bad weather and swimming. I need places I can cope with two on my own as my mum can't walk too far and my dad is not fit either, so they might just rest up in the cottage the whole time. And any places that are free/cheap as we're skint would be good!

Just need to get rid of the vertigo for the 3 and 4 hour journeys (splitting journey at parents in worcestershire on the way for a night).... praying for sleeping children but I bet they won't :scream
H - big school girl - April 08
A - my gorgeous boy - Jan 11
A_W

Re: Last minute holiday to Trevone, nr Padstow Cornwall?

Postby mathsgirl » 31 Mar 2012, 11:57

We love the padstow/newquay area!
We spend most time on the beach - just wrapped up if its a bit chilly.
We did do newquays blue reef aquarium on a rainy day on our trip in sept and it was great for dd1, she loved it. Its not particularly big, but preschoolers don't notice that!
I'd also rec the Lobster Hatchery in Padstow, which is tiny but cheap, and fascinating. dd1 loved looking at the teeny baby lobsters and watching in 'man working' in the lab!
Mum to two March babes -- DD1 (2009) and DD2 (2012)
mathsgirl

Re: Last minute holiday to Trevone, nr Padstow Cornwall?

Postby A_W » 31 Mar 2012, 13:38

Sounds good. Yes if we go I'll be taking winter all-in-one for A so he can enjoy the beach still. And I've got a wet suit somewhere for H she could try.

Baby lobsters sound good! H will love that. Anything else?
H - big school girl - April 08
A - my gorgeous boy - Jan 11
A_W

Return to Things to do/Places to go