Stopped being sick.

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Stopped being sick.

Postby Louisianablue2000 » 15 Jan 2009, 19:55

:bsmile :D :bsmile :D :bsmile

Brilliant news!
See DD1's first few meals here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisianab ... 629434614/
See DD2's weaning video here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisianab ... 826217940/

DD1 Dec 07, DD2 June 09, DS Sept 12
Louisianablue2000

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 15 Jan 2009, 20:47

:bsmile :bsmile :bsmile :bsmile WOW! FANTASTIC! So what is your EDD? I assume we must be within days of eachother! :wink:

I am so happy for you, its like a double yay for you! Not feeling as bad and everything is going along swimmingly!

So happy for you! :D
Three little chicks, all BLWed. Two at school and one preschooler. Not around much any more, but think of you all often.
3KiwiChicks

Postby monster » 15 Jan 2009, 21:31

What brilliant news! :bsmile Fantastic that you are managing the HG too. :D
my lovely little monster - October 2007
a mini monster - August 2010
and a little beasty - June 2013
monster

Postby Noir » 15 Jan 2009, 21:45

Thanks everyone :D . Have been in the best mood all day- it's great. My new EDD will be 16th august, so think that's only a couple of days difference to you alex's mum? It's quite odd since before I was worried I was thinking that I had a feeling I'd be due on the 16th august. From LMP dates it would've been 12th. My much loved grandpa died on the 16th august, as did his father and his grandfather! Rather odd coincidence (though my grandpa kept asking what the date was when he was dying- I think he was holding on to freak us out :wink: ), but I think the date is quite fitting somehow. As my mum pointed out today my grandpa would've thought great grandchildren was hilarious- unlike my grandma, my only living grandparent, who was quite frankly outraged at being made to be old enough for grandchildren so isn't exactly chuffed at being made a great grandmother! It'll be interesting to see if it actually turns up on the EDD.
I'm so happy that I can avoid a ERPOC, which I was going to opt for if I had mmc'd, and was already getting scared at the idea of a general. Also having another baby means I hopefully get my homebirth :D . I had my booking visit a couple of days ago and the midwife seemed really exited about it- even though I pointed out we're in a two bedroom flat. OH isn't that keen- but I told him it means he doesn't have to be in the room, but can still be in the vacinity so everyone is happy- plus he can look after DD if it's the daytime, and if it's night time he can bugger off and kip on the sofa- far better than being stuck in a hospital. And I can finally find out what the towels and boiling water are meant to be for!
Noir

Postby Allium » 15 Jan 2009, 22:02

Noir wrote:Also having another baby means I hopefully get my homebirth :D . I had my booking visit a couple of days ago and the midwife seemed really exited about it- even though I pointed out we're in a two bedroom flat. OH isn't that keen- but I told him it means he doesn't have to be in the room, but can still be in the vacinity so everyone is happy- plus he can look after DD if it's the daytime, and if it's night time he can bugger off and kip on the sofa- far better than being stuck in a hospital. And I can finally find out what the towels and boiling water are meant to be for!

Congratulations that everythings going well!! You must be on such a high after worrying yesterday :) & as someone who's had a homebirth, can I just say they're great! It took a while for me to convince DH that it was a good idea as he somehow never got round to reading any of the literature I gave him, but in the end he really felt like he was doing something to help...& ironically, as I had a birthpool, he did spend ages grabbing towels & boiling water :D So cliched! More importantly he provided me (& the midwives & my best mate) with snacks & drinks & cool flannels & ice. As he knew where everything was, the midwives asked him for stuff rather than making him feel like a third wheel as I've heard some OH's complain of in hospitals...ok, evangelical homebirth rant over. Sorry! Just it was such a lovely experience that I think everyone who can, should have their babies at home! :D Good luck!!!
Mummy to Twink - 8/05/08, Squishy - 7/02/10 & Flopsy 1/11/12
Allium

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 15 Jan 2009, 22:07

Noir, my EDD is the 18th! oooooh! :D :D
Three little chicks, all BLWed. Two at school and one preschooler. Not around much any more, but think of you all often.
3KiwiChicks

Postby ToothFairy » 15 Jan 2009, 23:44

Crystal ball time... I predict you'll have a baby boy on the 16th August (at home :D ) and name him after your Grandad

Watch me get it completely wrong!!

My DP was the one who talked me into a homebirth with Dilly, and if we have another I'll definitely be going for a homebirth again. I'm a bit evangelical about it too :D

Good luck with everything, hope you carry on feeling less sick than you were x
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby robyn » 16 Jan 2009, 00:26

m was due on the 16th aug 07 :D
really glad things are going well
rx
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby Noir » 16 Jan 2009, 09:23

I'm not sure Toothfairy- I would love to give birth on the due date and have a boy (obviously would be happy for a girl too- especially since then they could have more hand-me-downs :oops: ) but somehow I think I'd have a hard time convincing OH of the name- he was called Godfrey! Then again OH was going to insist on Earnest as a middle name if Sweetpea was a boy as it was his grandad's name- even though I hated it.
Now I've said I want a homebirth I'll probably end up being rushed in for an emergency c-section now! I refused point blank to write any kind of birth plan with DD as the only thing I was totally set on was not having an epidural so I just told them that- but I knew if I dictated exactly what I wanted it would either turn out to not be what I wanted at all once I was in labor, or it would all go entirely wrong. I suppose if I do have the next one at home a certain amount of planning is necissary though- though at least I avoid having to pack a hospital bag!
Noir

Postby hazELLEnut » 16 Jan 2009, 09:32

16th August is a great day - it's my birthday! I can highly recommend it as a birth date.
Mother to J (November '98), J (December '01), T (February '07) and O (April '09).
hazELLEnut

Postby KatGoldLIN » 16 Jan 2009, 10:03

Noir wrote: though at least I avoid having to pack a hospital bag!

We planned a HB with an indie midwife, but when I lost my mucous plug at just shy of 36 weeks and my midwife was in surrey, I had to go to the hospital to get checked out and was told to pack a bag. I was in such a fluster that I packed my grottiest, nastiest pajamas and then had to wear them for the 3 days I was in hospital as DH kept bringing me the wrong things. not packing a bag beforehand was one of my biggest regrets.
Kat
Mum to E 02/04/2007, G 26/03/2010 and T 30/03/2011
KatGoldLIN

Postby Allium » 16 Jan 2009, 10:08

Noir wrote:I suppose if I do have the next one at home a certain amount of planning is necissary though- though at least I avoid having to pack a hospital bag!

Actually except for the birth pool, I think all my planning was for in case I had to go to hospital (i.e. I packed a hospital bag!! They say you should as if you need to go in, the last thing you are going to want to do is remember what you need & where it is!). Apart from that & telling the midwife I was having a homebirth so they were prepared, all we did was make sure we had enough teabags, biscuits & haribo sweets to keep us supplied (don't think we had enough sweets as I'm sure I meant them for me, but they ate them all & I remember them spending ages discussing which colour was the nicest, by which point I was feeling sick & didn't want any!!), oh & bacon for post birth congratulatory sandwiches!

Oh no, I'm lying, we went to homebase & spent about £3 on plastic dust sheets to go under the masses of towels!! The midwives brought everything else with them. The only thing that will be different next time is the best mate will be baby sitting instead of birth partnering...so DH will have to have both hands crushed by me!
Mummy to Twink - 8/05/08, Squishy - 7/02/10 & Flopsy 1/11/12
Allium

Postby robyn » 16 Jan 2009, 11:28

oh but i LOVE godfrey! thats going on my secret if-we-have-another-and-its-a-boy list :wink:
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby FlossiesMum » 16 Jan 2009, 19:08

So glad to hear that all is well.
Greenwich & Lewisham Sling Library - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. http://www.facebook.com/greenwichlewishamslings
FlossiesMum

Previous

Return to Pregnancy