Stopped being sick.

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Stopped being sick.

Postby Noir » 14 Jan 2009, 10:06

So I haven't thrown up today. I only threw up once in the morning yesterday, then felt ok all day which I was putting down to the fact that I had a bag full of snacks and was making sure I ate every two hours! Unfortunatly that doesn't explain why I felt fine when I got up this morning. I don't do feeling fine during pregnancy- I do throwing up to the extreme! I've just called the midwife, who I only met yesterday, to see if she can book me into the epu today- she says it's more likely to be tomorrow- I just want it over and done with if it has to be though :( . Just waiting on a call back now. Sorry- not much point to the post but feeling rather disappointed. I really wanted everything to go well with this pregnancy. If it is ending now like I think it is then we won't be trying again. OH and I have already decided that me going through HG once more was something us and DD could cope with, but I can't keep getting pregnant and feeling ill for weeks then losing the baby and having to do it all again- it's not worth it, and I don't think my body will cope- I'm looking bad enough from the half a stone I've lost this pregnancy already. So feeling rather sad today, that most likely DD won't ever have a sibling now, but I think it's just something that we'll have to live with.

I haven't started bleeding yet but I had some odd stomach cramps yesterday evening and it just doesn't feel right today :( .
Noir

Re: Stopped being sick.

Postby ToothFairy » 14 Jan 2009, 12:40

(((((Noir))))) I really hope everything is alright for you.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Fozza » 14 Jan 2009, 13:09

Thinking of you x
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby FlossiesMum » 14 Jan 2009, 13:19

I really hope that everything is okay.
Greenwich & Lewisham Sling Library - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. http://www.facebook.com/greenwichlewishamslings
FlossiesMum

Postby ches » 14 Jan 2009, 14:11

Awe I hope everything's okay and you're just getting past the morning sickness.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Spanner » 14 Jan 2009, 14:51

Hope everything is ok x
DS March 2007
DD1 June 2009
DD2 Feb 2014
Spanner

Postby Eli » 14 Jan 2009, 15:04

Sending lots of hugs your way, hope it works out soon
Eli

Re: Stoppedhttp://forum.babyledweaning.com/posting.p being sick.

Postby Noir » 14 Jan 2009, 16:15

I've got an appointment at 8.45 tomorrow morning. I just don't feel like it's working out though. The midwife seemed to think something must be amiss to suddenly stop getting HG at 10 weeks- even normal morning sickness lasts longer than that and HG longer still- plus it usually follows the same line as it did in previous pregnancies so I should be vomitting till the bitter end. Unfortunatly that bitter end appears to have come all too soon and all too bitterly. Weirdly I'm feeling rather numb about it all. I have a seed of hope at the back of my mind though which probably means I won't be staying numb for long as as long as there's hope there's horrific upset when it gets taken away- I really want to stay positive but I think it's just going to be easier if I don't. Ah well. I'll have to at least hold it together until I've driven home and picked up Olivia (luckily a friend can look after her as when I went the first time I was pregnant it involved a lot of waiting rooms and I don't think I can deal with this plus trying to entertain a very bored toddler too). Unfortunatly OH has to work so I have to go it alone this time, and my mum's on nights and I haven't even managed to tell her I'm going in so I won't even be able to go and see her afterwards. Sometimes life is just that little bit too trying isn't it!
Noir

Postby FlossiesMum » 14 Jan 2009, 19:33

Can your friend look after Olivia for a bit longer if need be, so that if it is bad news (and I really really hope it isn't) you have a bit of time to yourself?
Sending electronic hugs....this sort of thing is horrible to go through without your additional complications of HG and the impact of that on this and any future pregnancies. I really hope things turn out well.
Greenwich & Lewisham Sling Library - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. http://www.facebook.com/greenwichlewishamslings
FlossiesMum

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 14 Jan 2009, 19:38

Oh Noir! :( Its the waiting that is the awful thing, isnt it? All fingers and toes are crossed for you that morning sickness is just over and nothing more.

Will be thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Three little chicks, all BLWed. Two at school and one preschooler. Not around much any more, but think of you all often.
3KiwiChicks

Postby monster » 14 Jan 2009, 20:36

Oh no! I truely hope it turns out to be good news, can't imagine how you're feeling about it all.
my lovely little monster - October 2007
a mini monster - August 2010
and a little beasty - June 2013
monster

Postby Noir » 14 Jan 2009, 21:46

Thanks everyone. At least one thing has turned out well- I texted my daddy earlier and found out my mum finishes nights tomorrow morning and has said that she's happy to rush over to the main hospital when she finishes so she can come with me, bless her. I'm feeling much less nervous about it now I know I won't be on my own. Weirdly I'm feeling slightly more optimistic this evening, but I don't really know why. I think I'm still going to take my folic acid and antisickness tablets just incase (the antisickness I've been on a while so they can't have just started working better than they were, so won't be the reason I'm feeling so much better- I haven't upped them or anything, but I think just on the offchance that somehow they could I shouldn't stop taking them till I know for definate as I don't want to get really ill again if things are ok in some way- possibly I'm just clinging to things how they were, but I'll find out soon enough). My best friend is living in taiwan at the moment and had sent me a good luck charm which arrived lunch time today- I'm hoping it works!! I may regret being optimistic tomorrow morning but at least it should help me get to sleep tonight. My friend can't look after Olivia for any longer tomorrow- If they take a while to get me scanned I'm going to be cutting it fine as it is. TBH though I think if the worst has happened then I'll need my daughter around me soon after anyway- just to remind me that I already have more than enough to keep me happy. I can't describe how awful it was last time to know that I was losing the baby and didn't know why so I didn't know if we'd ever be able to have children- at least this time I have my beautiful cheeky lovely daughter- if things don't work out then it's the end of a bigger family- but it's not the end of the world like it was last time.
Thanks again for all your lovely sentiments. I really appreciate the support.
Noir

Postby Rose Bud » 14 Jan 2009, 21:51

Have only just read this Noir as I thought it was a 'good news' post. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and hoping that everything works out.
Fingers crossed
xx
Head gardener to a mostly pink rambling Rose since 09/07. Generally disease resistant, with an upright habit and colourful displays all year round.
Rose Bud

Postby Puddleduck » 14 Jan 2009, 21:52

Noir I'm keeping everything crossed for you that you get some good news. I always assumed every pregnancy could be completely different, so please don't automatically assume things are bleak. My thoughts are with you for tomorrow.
Duckling Feb'07 & SmallBoy Sept'09
Puddleduck

Postby hazELLEnut » 14 Jan 2009, 21:54

Oh Noir, I really hope everything is ok. Remember that every pregnancy is different, and that this one may not follow the same trajectory as your previous ones. I know nothing about HG, but I know that normal morning sickness can suddenly stop at 10-12 weeks, so fingers crossed that's all it is. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning.
((((Hugs)))))
Mother to J (November '98), J (December '01), T (February '07) and O (April '09).
hazELLEnut

Next

Return to Pregnancy