Pregnancy status updates (May)

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy status updates (May)

Postby RedRum » 02 May 2015, 08:54

So I will be having a baby some time this month :bsmile

Have lost 3lbs overnight and totally lost my appetite. MW has got me all panicked that if I have a quick labour DH might not get back in time from London (1.5-2 hrs) but trying to believe that it will all work out. He's coming home every night right now, so hopefully it'll arrive at night and all be ok. Found my labour notes from R's birth and my second stage was only 20 minutes! I was pretty out of it when she was born and don't remember it too clearly.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Re: Pregnancy status updates (May)

Postby mindy » 02 May 2015, 10:53

Realistically the second stage is the homeward straight- you will have called him hours before you reach that stage. as long as you have a plan for R so she is sorted, you can always call your midwife to be with you until he arrives. It should all be fine, 2 hours journey isn't unachievable. I do feel for you, having all the same worries myself!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 02 May 2015, 11:51

Well that's what I was thinking mindy but she kept telling me that second timers are do much quicker and that it's quite possible he won't get here in time. It's not like I can really do anything about it anyway but hoping for a middle if the night arrival!
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 02 May 2015, 12:39

I also have similar concerns, with Niamh the whole thing was recorded as 42 mins with 17 mins of second stage, DH works 35min bike ride away... Even the mw was worried she isn't going to be here on time! It will be fine.

Woohoo to baby month rr!

Cramp, heartburn, not being able to breathe is doing my head in now.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Kanga » 02 May 2015, 19:43

RedRum wrote:Well that's what I was thinking mindy but she kept telling me that second timers are do much quicker and that it's quite possible he won't get here in time. It's not like I can really do anything about it anyway but hoping for a middle if the night arrival!

My second one wasn't quick, I was told with a big-ish age gap your body reverts back to more like a first labour. With ds1 I was contracting all day on the Sunday, went in 6pm Sunday and was only 4cm and he wasn't born till 8.30 Monday morning!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby RedRum » 03 May 2015, 13:56

Ugh, I am seriously irritable today. Got hardly any sleep last night (slept 1-3am then 5-8am - good practice I guess!) and I just feel all out of sorts. Felt borderline tearful all day, want to spend quality time and do nice things with R but just keep snapping at her. I keep getting hot sweats and shaky spells too, but mostly I just feel like I want to bite everyone's head off and/or cry.
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 03 May 2015, 16:49

((Rr)) have a good cry and get it out, I also feel like that when I haven't slept well, it's so frustrating. Hopefully tonight will be better and you still have tomorrow to do nice things together.
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby RedRum » 03 May 2015, 17:53

Thanks Maria. They day shaped up a bit. We went for a walk, baked cookies, and R has made a bedroom for her favourite cuddly out of a shoe box so she's pretty happy and the tv's been off since 9.30 this morning which feels like a bit of an achievement! Roast in the oven, DH home shortly. Don't feel like I want rip everyone's head off any more.
RedRum

Postby yorkshirepudding » 03 May 2015, 18:52

RR that is more than I achieve on a non-preggo weekend! Hormones and lack of sleep are evil. ((()))
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby t&n's mummy » 05 May 2015, 09:25

Urgh everything aches, just back from school/nursery run and pit stop at cafe and am totally shattered.
Someone yesterday told me that third babies are the ones that give you the curve ball, so now I am nervous that this isn't going to be as smooth as the others.
t&n's mummy

Postby mamapup » 05 May 2015, 09:34

Sneaking in to offer tired hugs, t&nsmummy and othets. But don't worry, we got our curve ball on number one it seems. No rules as to when they come or if they come at all. Our number one is tricky as anything and number two is deliciously straight forward...for now.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Feefielou » 05 May 2015, 15:02

I have fat ankles and had pizza and chocolate for my lunch. I have two (separate) guests staying in the house, a meeting in Poland tomorrow, and a headache.

Two very energetic and enthusiastic friends of DH have just invited themselves to visit from the US ten days after my due date. I very much hope that they are good at laundry, cooking and playing with toddlers.

On the plus side, lentil's heart beat is back to normal. I celebrated by running a 10k!
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby RedRum » 05 May 2015, 15:10

Blimey ffl, I feel tired just reading that!
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 05 May 2015, 19:19

I hope you get a chance for a rest somewhere in all that Feefielou!

Now that the new princess has been born I am suddenly getting all sorts of annoying comments from people about how wonderful it is that I am having a boy and a girl, that I am just like the royal family, etc. Ugh.

I'm also suddenly feeling rather anxious about who is going to watch L when the time comes to go to the hospital. We had spoken to one person from dh's work who had said she was happy to help with him, but she has now just sent me a very long facebook message all about how she is concerned that we need more back-up options, she's not sure it will work out for her to take him due to work schedule and her boys having school, etc. etc. My mom would be happy to come stay with him, but she lives two hours away and also has a non-negotiable trip planned a week before my due date. I need to talk to my one mom-friend neighbor and see if she could watch him. He's very comfortable with her and she works from home so theoretically could take him during the day if needed, but she's also very busy with her work, has to get her son to-and-from school, and they're currently working on house-hunting and hoping to move soon so it is all a bit messy. Plus I suck at talking to people and "asking for favors".

How many back-up options do you all have for child care, and what do you do if the time comes and there is no one to watch your other kid(s)?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby pimento » 05 May 2015, 19:22

Does L go to nursery or something similar? I asked some of the girls who looked after Big E at the time whether they'd be willing to be on call for us. Could that work for you, Treeb? If worst came to worst, Big E would have stayed with DH while I went to hospital (with my doula).
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Next

Return to Pregnancy