Pregnancy status updates, April

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy status updates, April

Postby mindy » 20 Apr 2015, 20:21

Thank you YP, yes, it was from fundal height so I know that is far from accurate. Just so hard not to worry! Really glad all ok with your little bean, what a relief xx
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby treek » 21 Apr 2015, 09:44

I think I've said this before Mindy, but I measured bang on dates at 23 weeks, 2 weeks behind at 31 weeks and 6 weeks behind at 39 weeks! And then went on to have a baby who was comfortably the 50th centile :) it's great that they're checking, but fundal height really isn't the most accurate predictor of baby's size! Hth x
treek

Postby RedRum » 21 Apr 2015, 14:53

I'm totally skiving from work. I have basically just used up all my holiday for the year so that I can bunk off all this week except Thursday afternoon, then I have four days next week taking me up to 38 weeks, followed by two weeks of annual leave, then may leave starting on my due date. I have simply reached tge point where I no longer give a crap. If there weren't still a few things to hand over if probably just say fuck it and start my leave now but in the greater scheme of things I know this is the most sensible.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 25 Apr 2015, 02:28

I seem to be feeling absolutely huge recently. I've been big for a while now but I think my belly has ballooned even more this week! Sleeping is becoming super uncomfortable, especially when dh is constantly trying to drape himself over me. I ordered a few shirts online which arrived today and when I took them out of the packaging I thought how enormous they looked, but they actually fit quite well so I'm obviously just even bigger than I've realized. Now I'm just waiting to start getting comments about how I must be almost due (nope - still 7 weeks!) or people asking if I'm sure it's not twins.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby mindy » 25 Apr 2015, 21:01

Feeling your pain re the '7 weeks? Really?' And yes, am very sure it isn't twins!!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Treeb » 26 Apr 2015, 06:54

Having a really terrible night and I think L and I may have gotten food poisoning! (I can't think from what though, and I'm surprised dh isn't affected because he usually has the most sensitive stomach of the three of us.) L seemed fine all day but then hardly touched his dinner, was very gassy all evening, and eventually had diarrhea a little while before bed time. I started feeling "off" around the same time in the evening, gassy, crampy, lots of braxton hicks. Started feeling a little nauseous before heading to bed but thought some rest might help. Woke up at 1:00 to pee and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so uncomfortable with nausea and occasional stomach cramps. Moved myself out to the couch since I thought a change of position might help but I've just had to run off to the bathroom to vomit. (Sorry if that's all TMI)

I'm really hoping that's it and I can get back to sleep now. Just sitting up a little longer to make sure my stomach is settled and try drinking a few sips of water. I'll have to see how the rest of the night goes and give my dr. a call in the morning if I'm still feeling unwell. Tomorrow is not going to be a fun day either way since I know I'll be exhausted from the 2+ hours I've now been awake in the night.

Treeb

Postby RedRum » 26 Apr 2015, 07:10

((((Treeb)))) hope you're feeling better this morning, and that you can have a nice easy day.

I have been having some very frequent very intense BH the past 24 hours. Well, the past couple of weeks they've been pretty intense but infrequent, yesterday afternoon and evening they were coming thick and fast. Borderline painful, certainly very uncomfortable. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow but I really want this baby to hang on for at least another couple of weeks!
RedRum

Postby RedRum » 26 Apr 2015, 07:12

Oh, I was going to ask about a show too... Sorry if it's tmi but have had a couple of big globs of snotty discharge, but it was clear/white, no blood. Could this be my show, and if so does that mean I'm living on borrowed time or could I still have a couple of weeks?
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 26 Apr 2015, 09:07

Yes it could be the start of it, but usually there is blood too, could just be a big blob of discharge. See how you go.

Treeb, I hope you are feeling better or at least rested.

I have been having some tightenings, nothing specific but after two late babies I am now worrying this one is going to buck the trend. We are moving our bedroom to the dining room to get more space for baby clutter so it could just be the extra stuff I'm doing...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Treeb » 26 Apr 2015, 14:33

Well things are starting to improve slightly after quite a horrible night. I never went back to sleep and ended up being sick about 15 times between 2am and 8:00am-ish. But I've now had about 2 1/2 without vommiting and been able to get some rest, so that is progress! Still feeling rather nauseous and have had some diarrhea but I prefer that to the endless vomit at this point.

Dh called the dr. at around 7:00 this morning and was told not to worry too much, and just work on keeping me hydrated without overloading my stomach. For a while everything I drank was coming right back up but I seem to be keeping water down now. L has been a star letting Daddy play with him/take care of him/etc. while I crawled back into bed for a little extra rest. The two of them have now gone off to pick up some anti-nausea medicine the dr. prescribed as well as popsicles, ginger ale, gatorade, and chicken soup for me.

RR - I think you can lose your mucus plug without there being any blood in it. I never even noticed losing mine with L and never had any kind of "show." Also losing it is a sign that your body is getting ready, but you can lose it and still not go into labor for another few weeks. Good luck and I hope things work out as you want!

Treeb

Postby mindy » 27 Apr 2015, 08:49

Any further sights RR? At least your bump is fully cooked now if it does decide to come early. Treeb, I'm glad you have recovered slightly, sounds like the most awful few days for you all. How are you feeling now? It's grim enough being pregnant without being ill on top.

I managed to get my 'urgent' growth scan brought forward, and as predicted he is absolutely fine. So much worry though. Spd and back pain is awful, I am in tears most days and the nights are interminable. Also the braxton hicks keep taking my breath away they are so strong - not painful but definitely very uncomfortable!
mindy

Postby RedRum » 27 Apr 2015, 09:03

Nothing more mindy, still lots of BH, but hoping I've got a couple of weeks to go to be honest.

So glad your scan went well and there's nothing to worry about.
RedRum

Postby RedRum » 27 Apr 2015, 09:06

Nothing more mindy, still lots of BH, but hoping I've got a couple of weeks to go to be honest. So glad your scan went well and there's nothing to worry about after all, sorry you're in so much pain though. Do you have a yoga ball? I find it soooo much more comfortable to sit on my ball than on anything else. Also re sleeping, have you experimented with pillows between your knees/under your bump etc? Failing that, a referral for physio?!

Treeb - really glad you're feeling better xx
RedRum

Postby Cofa's Tree » 27 Apr 2015, 17:51

Glad the scan went well mindy and all is ok! Stay in there Baby RR, and hope you are feeling better Treeb.

We spent the weekend in London as my husband was doing the London marathon. I'm so proud of him for doing it and it was all booked months ago, but it was a really tough weekend on me. I've commuted to London for work before but being pregnant, making sure Daniel (who was a superstar) was safe, securing two rucksacks, and pushing a buggy in the equivalent of 'rush hour' crowds was a whole new experience! Luckily I had my mother in law and her husband to help at times but I'm paying for all the walking and lifting now. Everything aches :(
Cofa's Tree

Postby t&n's mummy » 27 Apr 2015, 19:03

Wow that's fab ct and you for managing it all, we live v nearby but watched on the tv...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy