Pregnancy status updates, April

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy status updates, April

Postby Feefielou » 28 Apr 2015, 10:14

Ugh, routine antenatal check last week showed lentil's heart skipping a beat every 13-15 beats. Need to go for a scan with a foetal cardiologist, although we were told it's generally nothing to worry about and usually just clears up of its own accord. Thing is I'm travelling for work next week and the sonographer wants to check it again before I go. She has weird availability so I have to go on Saturday evening. I just told my boss to give her fair warning in case the outcome has any impact on my ability to travel, and her reaction seemed to be more along the lines of 'how inconvenient that would be for our meeting' rather than 'I hope your baby is ok'.
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby RedRum » 28 Apr 2015, 10:20

((((((ffl)))))) I'm so sorry you're having to worry, and also that you're boss is being a bit of a dick. Really hope it's nothing to worry about and sorts itself out. x
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 28 Apr 2015, 11:33

Oh no how awful of your boss, hope it works out fine and maybe report those comments to HR if you have it, that is not acceptable.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby t&n's mummy » 28 Apr 2015, 18:20

Bleugh... I had the whooping cough vaccine yesterday and my arm is still feeling sore/dead, I now have a really sore throat and have lost my voice and been sick, is it all connected? It is all rather strange as apart from feeling tired, i don't actually feel ill?? Bizarre, anyone had similar? How can I get better quick, dh is away...?
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 28 Apr 2015, 19:31

Oh fudge.. I need to book that jab! I don't really want to feel poorly afterwards though :? I hope you're feeling better soon t&n'sm. I don't know whether it would be related or not but I hope whatever it is goes away soon!
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby RedRum » 28 Apr 2015, 19:43

Me too, argh, totally forgot!!
RedRum

Postby mindy » 28 Apr 2015, 20:43

Ditto here, completely forgot about it! Hope you feel better soon T&NM.

And bum to your thoughtless manager FFL x x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby t&n's mummy » 30 Apr 2015, 18:26

Had an osteopath appointment today, blimey, I said I had sore hips and she really worked hard on them and now they feel much better if a little sore from the work but looking forward to next one in two weeks.

But new symptom, whenever I try to do something fiddly with my fingers, I get cramp in my hands and up my arms, it happens writing, scratching my elbow... Anyone else?
t&n's mummy

Postby RedRum » 30 Apr 2015, 18:54

I've been getting lots if cramp. Was getting it in my hands and firearms holding the brush when I was decorating last weekend, and I get woken up most nights be really sever sudden cramp in my hamstrings and calves. Just hoping it'll stop once the baby arrives!
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 30 Apr 2015, 19:09

I've thankfully "only" had cramps in my calves at night, and actually fewer than last pregnancy so counting myself lucky in that regard. I've heard that the cramps can be a sign of low magnesium levels but don't know how true that is.

I'm feeling much better and back to normal after being sick last weekend, but I'm also feeling absolutely huge. It seems like most of my maternity shirts are already getting too tight for my bump. Not sure what I'll still be able to wear after another month+ of this!

Dh is starting to have to work late nights (and possibly Saturdays) again and it's only going go get worse in the next couple weeks. It's a pain but thankfully L is a superstar and handle it well, and dh has been making an effort to be extra helpful when he is home.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby RedRum » 30 Apr 2015, 19:26

(((Treeb))) I can sympathise. DH has just started a 3 month contract, working every day for the next 5 weeks (they'll give him 7 days off for the baby, then a couple weeks break followed by two more 4 week stints. it's rubbish! Glad you're feeling better though xx
RedRum

Postby mindy » 01 May 2015, 07:50

Cramp is a horrid way to wake up! Why is it worse in pregnancy, does anyone know?

I sympathise with absent husbands, DH is a cider maker and works every weekend in the summer (as well as all week). If the baby comes early or late then he will be away at a show, and he has several three day events where he will be staying away immediately after the baby. Am bracing myself to be home alone with three little ones!

RR, I am living on my yoga ball, it's the only comfy place to sit at the moment. The girls have lots of fun with it too I've got the bed packed out with pillows and lie on a slippery nightdress but nothing really helps - we just need to get these babies out and reclaim our bodies!

Is anyone else managing to do much hypnobirthing practise? I only get to listen to the cd about once a fortnight, and my mum lost my book, so my good intentions have gone astray somewhat.

Still umm-ing and aah-ming over home birth vs newly opened birth centre 20 mins away, I think it would definitely be aiming for a HB if I knew DH would be around but there is no guarantee he will be here. What are you all planning?

RR
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 01 May 2015, 08:13

I've not done any hypnobirthing practice for weeks mindy, but did actually listen to the cd at about 4am this morning as DH had woken me up when he got in from his gig (poor guy is working so ridiculously hard right now) and I couldn't get bank to sleep. Will try to finish reading the book before the baby gets here. Mw is coming to drop off my gas and air this morning, it's all feeling a bit real! DH is working in London about 1.5 hours (2.5 if the traffics really shocking) away so as soon as I call him to tell him it's starting he will just have to drop everything and run! I've told him that him not being here us simply not an option ;) how far away is your DH? Like you, if the baby arrived early or late it will be logistically much more difficult for us so hoping for a nice punctual delivery ;)
RedRum

Previous

Return to Pregnancy