Pregnancy status updates, April

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy status updates, April

Postby Fuz-Chan » 16 Apr 2015, 08:47

Gah. This pregnancy I seem to feel sick in my throat and chest a lot... is that heartburn? I don't know how else to describe it.

On the bright side, I've been signed off work for the duration because of work related stress. Now I just need to start packing for moving house at the start of June. And that will then give me a whole month to get the new house and all the baby things ready in time... that'll be fine then, right?
Fuz-Chan

Postby t&n's mummy » 16 Apr 2015, 10:54

Yes that will be fine :) does sound like heartburn, does it get worse when lying down? Gaviscon helps and sometimes a glass of milk (though that can go either way) it's yucky isn't it? Hope it sorts itself out soon.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby yorkshirepudding » 16 Apr 2015, 11:04

Glad you've got signed off Fuz-chan, and yes, a month will be fine (well I hope so as I think I'll have less ;) ). Hope the heartburn eases off.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby RedRum » 16 Apr 2015, 11:27

Glad you're signed off FC - a month will be just fine :D

I was getting a bit concerned something was happening last night. The pressure down below was so intense, and I had a few BH that were almost at a breathe-through-it level, but nothing to report. I'm still just shy of 36 weeks so would really like it to wait a little longer, although not being two weeks late this time would be lovely!

Sorry for the TMI but is it normal for CM and the associated fragrance to increase towards the end? Not a bad smell, I'm not worried there's anything untoward going on, but I'm definitely more, um, aware of my own personal scent iyswim :oops:
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby RedRum » 17 Apr 2015, 08:57

Hope the silence means things are happening busmother!

Just seen the midwife, head is already 1/5 engaged and she said she'll be very surprised if I go overdue this time. Need to hang on another 10 days at least if I want a home birth (37 weeks). Hope she hasn't jinxed me and destined me for another 42 weeker!
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 17 Apr 2015, 09:47

Thinking of you busmother!

Yes fingers crossed for longer than 10 days and less than 42 weeks rr!
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby Lily » 17 Apr 2015, 13:13

Fingers crossed for you RR. Bee was 3/5 engaged at 38 weeks and arrived the day before her due date, so don't read too much into it.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby RedRum » 17 Apr 2015, 14:31

Bang on due date would be logistically perfect for us lily so that's what I'm hoping for! (Because I get a choice, obviously ;) )
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 17 Apr 2015, 19:12

Feeling like my moods are very up-and-down recently. I can be having a perfectly lovely day and then out of nowhere I just start feeling very grouchy and short-tempered. Getting upset with L for things that normally wouldn't bother me, randomly feeling stressed out about things like the messy k-room which wasn't bothering me ten minutes before, etc. I'm sure tiredness is playing a part in this as well as hormones of course.

Still 7 1/2 weeks left to go, but feeling like I am ready to be done already! Although we are totally unprepared. Have gotten L's old clothes and carseat out of storage at my parents house but besides that we have yet to get anything else ready. Still need to purchase a bed of some sort, double stroller, etc. plus various other small things.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby RedRum » 20 Apr 2015, 07:17

((((Treeb)))) hope you're having a better day x

Anyone seen or heard from busmother? Keep checking in for an announcement!
RedRum

Postby Feefielou » 20 Apr 2015, 13:36

I feel like I've been away from here for a million years, it's going to take me forever to read through and see how everyone is doing! We just got back from two weeks in Thailand (mmmmm, sunshine! First foreign holiday that wasn't a family visit since 2006! Happy day seeing one of my oldest and dearest school friends get married! But eeek, 45 degrees is a bit warm for a pregnant woman, innit?). The week before that, and you have my full leave to call me mental, we went to Madrid and I ran a half marathon. At 19 weeks pregnant. Loved it.

We had our mid-way scan last week and the lentil is a boy! Madness. I don't know how they work! Both sides of the family are full of girls, there is only one boy out of seven in our generation. He is going to be named after a brand of Thai beer, which is fitting since Moonbeam was named after a bar at a Rolling Stones gig.

So today, all of a sudden, at 22 weeks, I seem to have got morning sickness again. Is that normal? I don't like it at all.

Good vibes and smiles to those that need them, and glad to be 'back' amongst you!
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby t&n's mummy » 20 Apr 2015, 17:17

<waves> welcome back! I couldn't imagine doing a marathon when not pg so how you did at 19 weeks is beyond me, well done!

Not sure on the morning sickness, I have had random bouts of queasiness usually set off from something but no actual sickness. Ask your mw?
t&n's mummy

Postby mindy » 20 Apr 2015, 18:18

Bit of a shock today - routine obstetrician appointment today and baby has dropped over 2 growth lines. Urgent growth scan requested, first available is next mon so I'm in for alternate day monitoring until then. Really hard not to worry, although I know rationally that he could just have moved position. Feeling even more brittle and weepy than before now!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Treeb » 20 Apr 2015, 18:33

Oh dear mindy, that must be so scary! (((((mindy))))) I hope it all turns out to be nothing.

Feefielou, glad you enjoyed your travels. I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn't heard from you in a while!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby yorkshirepudding » 20 Apr 2015, 19:24

Mindy, was the growth line drop from fundal height? Try not to be too anxious about it - I had an extra scheduled growth scan today (29 weeks) to check my placenta is doing it's job, which I was obviously a bit anxious about, especially as I've had lots of 'Where's your bump?' type comments. Last week's routine community midwife appointment I was measuring 2 weeks behind on fundal height, which put baby below 10th centile. But today's scan has put it back into 'normal' range - it's below 50th but above 10th on my growth chart. Whilst they were doing the scan it was a bit scary as there was a GA figure, gestational age, on the screen and they did a few repeat measurements of it's leg, as I could see one of them was coming up at 26 weeks, 3 weeks behind! Femur length was still the lowest measurement but I'm not suprised as me, OH and Moo all have short legs! So hope that gives you a bit of reassurance, and that all goes ok with the extra monitoring this week. (((())))
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy