Pregnancy status updates, April

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy status updates, April

Postby RedRum » 05 Apr 2015, 20:49

Oh that sounds knackering yp. Hope he improves soon.

We're waiting to hear if they'll cover his travel expenses which will probably tip it one way or the other.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Cofa's Tree » 06 Apr 2015, 06:14

What is/was everyone's morning sickness like? With Daniel, I was sick virtually every day at all times of the day with constant low level nausea from about six weeks to six months so that was my dreaded expectation for this one, but at 7+5, I'm just getting a bit of nausea throughout the day. I would be cheerfully embracing that but I just innocently googled it to find loads of (mis?)information about a lack of ms being linked to miscarriage. Reassure me please?!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Fuz-Chan » 06 Apr 2015, 07:49

for me it has been very different this time around - 1st time I was sick as a dog and lost more than 10kg in the first two months. This time around I just felt a bit sick most of the time. hardly ever puked and had some headaches.

My mother had no morning sickness either with me or my brother! Don't panic. Maybe you are just lucky!
Fuz-Chan

Postby RedRum » 06 Apr 2015, 08:20

I had none with R, but felt nauseous all day every up to about 12 weeks this time round. I think every pregnancy is different.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 06 Apr 2015, 09:05

Yep with t I was really sick, though fortunately never at school, with n I had a little bit and this time nothing at all, though with the other two I didn't have heartburn anything like what I have now, I am a firm beliver in it all levelling out so if it is bad at the start, you will have a better end of pg if that makes sense?

We felt our first proper kicks (not just movement, we saw a foot come right out) the other night, DH was able to get kicked and t and n were v excited.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby ToothFairy » 06 Apr 2015, 09:42

No sickness in any of my five pregnancies, no difference at all in the ones where I miscarried.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby CaelaCoo » 06 Apr 2015, 09:47

I was violently Ill with molly. Admitted to hospital no end of times with dehydration.

Baby c I felt a bit sick and was sick twice but no big deal. Made me think it was a boy cos the pregnancy was so different

When I miscarried both times I felt sick with both so I don't think it matters
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby Cofa's Tree » 06 Apr 2015, 09:59

Ok, thanks everyone...I shall ignore Dr Google and go by what the real people say!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kanga » 06 Apr 2015, 12:25

My nausea got less with each pregnancy. With ds1 I assumed it was cos he was a boy but I felt even less with ds2 & thought I'd imagined the bfp!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Lily » 06 Apr 2015, 14:05

I had no sickness at all with Izbiz and much more nausea this time, though I've been lucky never to actually be sick. Old wives' tales suggest it should be worse with boys but obviously they're not always right!

We are finally starting to get better. Izbiz much chirpier, and my cough receding gradually. I've been feeling lots of twinges the past day or so - nothing really painful, but definitely uncomfortable, not just the weird tight feeling of normal BH. Am hoping something might start happening this week.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby busmother » 06 Apr 2015, 19:44

Nothing happening here, Lily. I think I overdid it a bit on Friday with an National Trust Easter Egg trail. I felt fine walking gently around for a couple of hours (in pouring rain) but my hips were really sore afterwards, and I was incredibly stiff every time I had to get up in the night for a pee. Gentle day on Saturday, then walked down to the beach and back on Sunday with shopping and suffered for it. So on the bus today for what would normally be an easy 20 min walk. But the weather's being kind, and spent a glorious afternoon doing absolutely nothing on the beach, while a constant stream of people we knew wandered by and stopped for a play and a chat. Perfect. Just hope this weather continues!

Nothing happening - and I'm beginning to wonder, since I don't think I've ever had a Braxton Hicks, and never went into labour last time, should I be feeling anything? Should I be worried? In all the palaver with the foetal movement, nobody ever asked me about contractions. I guess I'll know when they start.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby t&n's mummy » 06 Apr 2015, 19:49

Yes you will know busmother, there may be some uncertainty at the start whilst they establish but I think you will know.

We have finally sorted out a shortlist of boys and girls names, this is quite a milestone, but we have a really lovely list of lovely names and different combinations, feeling very relived that we have this sorted :)
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Lily » 06 Apr 2015, 20:45

Don't worry about Braxton Hicks, busmother - they're not essential! I didn't get any last time until a few hours before labour started. This time I've had them since about 26 weeks and it's been incredibly irritating.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Treeb » 08 Apr 2015, 02:36

Just got back today from a four day visit to my parent's house. All my siblings were there for Easter weekend, so it was a really lovely time. We don't get together very often as we're all living scattered about now, so it's nice when we do manage to coordinate our schedules to actually see each other.

However, every part of the weekend was just killer on my body! It started with the two hour car trip over there. I just couldn't get comfortable sitting int he car and my hips were aching the whole way. The bed we sleep on there is rock hard, so again I end up with aching hips and knees as soon as I lie down and can't seem to get comfortable in any position, and my sleep was very restless because I kept waking up feeling stiff and uncomfortable. The bedroom there is also on the second floor and several trips up and down the stairs daily also left my legs rather sore and achy since our apartment is all on one level and I'm not used to climbing stairs frequently. Then today was the drive back home with more aching hips, though this time we did make more trips along the way so I was able to get out and stretch a bit to relieve some of the ache. As soon as we got home and got L settled for his nap I collapsed too and had a couple hours nap but I'm still feeling tired and sore. Dh was hoping for a bit of intimacy tonight but I've had too tell him sorry, not going to happen tonight as I just want to rest and get myself feeling a bit back to normal.

I also can't believe it's only two more months until my due date! Eeek, I guess I'd better start getting some things ready soon! We did bring back some of L's baby stuff that we had stored at my parents house, but I still need to sort through it all, find space for it, etc. and there are several things we will need to buy before baby comes too.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Lily » 09 Apr 2015, 05:31

That sounds rough, Treeb - good that you had a chance to see everyone pre-baby, though.

Some good-timing vibes would be much appreciated if you've got any. Izbiz will be at nursery today and tomorrow, and I've been up since the small hours feeling like something might start happening, so it would be great if baby put in an appearance before the weekend. Saw my midwife on Weds and all was well, baby 3/5 engaged (and was quite chuffed that she complimented me on my abs, I didn't think I had any left!).
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy