Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Feb 2015, 17:22

Wow. Something to tell the grandkids one day lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Feefielou » 15 Feb 2015, 21:58

For any of you ladies feeling down about the general unglamourousness and indignities of pregnancy, here's a story to make you feel better.

So I love to run. I decided today to go for a nice gentle 7 mile run through the countryside. At around 3 miles, i.e. almost the furthest point from home on my route, I suddenly get excruciating tummy ache. Like, bad enough that I had to sit down on the floor and double up to stop it hurting. For a few minutes I though hmmm, classic pregnancy symptom, trapped wind, I'll wait a minute and it will subside. But no, I soon realised it was rather more than that. I HAD to use the bathroom. Like, really HAD to. But I was three miles from home. Tried to call DH, but no phone signal. And anyway, I had run there on trails through the woods and to get there by car would take 15 minutes or more, notwithstanding his terrible sense of direction and the fact that he would have to wake Moonbeam from a nap that we had really struggled to get her to take. No, I needed another solution. The woods? Nope, people around walking dogs, not polite. I realised I was not too far from the village shops and luckily, in spite of it being Sunday, there was a bar open. I managed to walk over there, painfully aware that I was rapidly losing my ability to hold it in. By this point I was almost in tears as I squeezed through the crowd of rather lecherous men to ask the barmaid if I could use her toilet. And there, my friends, I released the most astonishing cascade of stinking revoltingness you can possible imagine. It simply poured out of me like a big brown waterfall. I then did the walk of shame back through the men, leaving a cloud of obscene stink in my wake. And then power-walked the three miles home, because every time I tried to up the pace to even a gentle jog, my bowels began to gurgle and the urge came back.

Oh how I love to be pregnant. Here's hoping the second trimester treats me a little more kindly.

Hope that by sharing my disgusting story I've given a giggle to anyone feeling down today!
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Feb 2015, 22:02

Oh no FFL!!! I'm so glad you don't sound too upset by the whole drama. I'd be curled up in bed in tears for the whole of the rest of pregnancy, and possibly for the rest of the year/decade. Hope it wasn't too torturous at the time for you.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 15 Feb 2015, 23:11

Oh ffl, just huge hugs. Hope you're feeling better
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby yorkshirepudding » 16 Feb 2015, 09:06

Feefielou, thanks for the chuckle, hope you have recovered in every sense! I needed a giggle after a night of random puking (hopefully not the Valentine's day roast dinner!) and then screaming child at 5am on Saturday night.

Violet_cue, when do you get to see the nurse to ask about where they want you to be for labour?

20 week scan today, feel more is at risk this time somehow, with Moo I was just excited about seeing 'it' again.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby RedRum » 16 Feb 2015, 12:11

Yp - hope the scan went/goes well.

And yikes FFL - hope you're feeling much better!

Officially into the 3rd tri today. #ohshitthisisreallyhappening
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Violet_Cue » 16 Feb 2015, 18:33

Oh FFL - that sounds awful :( - I think I posted this before - but in case I didn't it might make you feel a little better - http://bethwoolsey.com/2015/01/the-day- ... my-closet/

YP - hope your scan is good. :) I had a biophysical today (the detailed growth type scan?) and he got 10/10 on his assessment, is still most certainly a boy, and is estimated at around 6lb11oz. She scheduled me for the next one next Monday "if I don't have him by then" - he is very low and I wonder if it is just a matter of him turning so he slips in place. :) She gave us a rundown of the monitor (NST) and normal heartrate numbers, explaining they could go to 200 and that was fine - he hit 190, which was the highest he has in monitoring - DH was worried but I pointed out he is just an overachiever and now that the nurse told him the target he was going for it. :) - Much like his big brother I think!

I'm not sure if the nurse is in for a home visit tomorrow or Wednesday - one is a visit, the other is a phone call... :) and then to my OB on Thursday. My numbers have been good, so I am not sure if she'll actually keep me on the program - which would be both good and bad. I think the rest is keeping my blood pressure down, and I'd be worried it could still switch to pre-e at any time...

Welcome to the third tri RR - this is the fun one (lol) when the end is always in sight, but there seems to always be endless days left. :)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby t&n's mummy » 18 Feb 2015, 17:15

Blimey hope you are better ffl!

Hope everyone is well today. I am feeling quite sick, can't decide if it's the baby in a funny position or something I ate... Bleugh, half term is not a good time to be sick.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 18 Feb 2015, 17:41

Hope you're feeling better t &n... I'm 37 weeks tomoro and beginning to feel the strain. Bump ache, back ache and zero patience (poor dd :( ) but mW yesterday said all is well, so no complaints really. Bubs looks pretty big (eek). Size is above 95th centile. But mW doesn't seem concerned - I think I just make big babies. So, if I can just make it through half term without throttling dd I should be on a happy home strait...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby yorkshirepudding » 18 Feb 2015, 20:18

Hope you feel better soon t&n'smummy, my puking was not baby related I'm pretty sure, but it was horrible whilst it lasted, I know I have been so lucky not having much actual sickness just nausea. My problem at the moment is I forget to drink and then when I feel a bit sick I eat rubbish which really does not help!

Violet_cue, that sounds like good news all round, hope you're not all going too stir crazy.

My scan was all good, took 2 goes as baby was head down to start with, and she did make me nervous as she spent ages on the heart without saying much but all ok apparently :) Annoyingly the program which works out the growth chart which is used for the rest of pregnancy wasn't working which I only found out when we got home and there was a hand written note in the file, why didn't she tell me at the time I don't know. Not ideal when I'm seeing the consultant about growth scans in a few weeks but maybe they can just print one next time I go with the numbers they've recorded. Nice views of wiggly arms and legs and a close up of the face from the front which was lovely, going to be kissing that before too long!

Half way through half term everyone, keep going.

Oh and we have weaned from breastfeeding it seems, whoop whoop!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Fuz-Chan » 19 Feb 2015, 07:14

Yorkshirepudding - glad you had a good scan in the end.

I'm off tonight for this month's appointment... might find out gender! We never found out the first time but we are going to this time to help with deciding names.

Tomorrow I have a fun appointment with my lawyers and the school's lawyer as I haven't been given a role for the next school year, although everyone else was told 2-3 weeks ago. It does look more and more like we'll have to go to court...
Fuz-Chan

Postby t&n's mummy » 19 Feb 2015, 08:21

Oh no fuz chan hope it is resolved easily!

Feeling much better today thanks, but... Nightmares are the next symptom, it seems to be a new one each day. I woke up in tears this morning, it was horrible.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Fuz-Chan » 19 Feb 2015, 10:17

That's horrible, nasty dreams are the worst. May it pass quickly!

Baby is a BOY! Big surprise, didn't really expect it to be....eeek!!!
Fuz-Chan

Postby yorkshirepudding » 19 Feb 2015, 13:16

Congratulations on the boy news Fuz-Chan! Fingers crossed for your appointment tomorrow :/

t&n'smummy, I know what you mean, I managed to go back to sleep after my usual early morning wake up today only to dream I was a terrorist and the 'baddies' were trying to stick a memory stick into my skin! And I was pregnant, think that helped me get away with it... dreams are weird!
yorkshirepudding

Postby RedRum » 19 Feb 2015, 13:58

I had an awful one the other week that I was being chased by one if the scary white power rapists from Sons of Anarchy.... Woke up so upset. Haven't had any more though. Hope you don't either x
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy