Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby CaelaCoo » 12 Feb 2015, 19:08

Just 5 more weeks......just 5 more weeks

If I keep saying that it will make it easier won't it???

My back is killing,my hips are killing, my boobs are killing...and won't stop leaking. My bum hurts, my bladder is actually sore from where he kicks...and my ribs too. Also fed up with the braxton hicks and struggle to stand for long periods now.

On the bright side,growth scan yesterday shows he's doing really well and despite my bump being tiny (you wouldn't know I was pregnant unless you knew to look) he weighs approx 4lb 9oz already. Considering my daughter was born at 38 weeks at 5lb 14oz he is doing fantastic. I myself have actually gained 10 KGS in weight.

Gosh reading back I sound like a right whinge arse lol
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby mindy » 12 Feb 2015, 20:19

La la la la la *fingers in ears not listening about small neat bumps* la la la
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Violet_Cue » 12 Feb 2015, 20:22

No CC, that sounds about right! My due date is March 18, and somewhere it has been messed up in the hospital system, so they have me a few days off of it... I do not want to lose 3 days at this point! Lol.

I'm not enjoying bed rest, nor the slight twinges I am having on top of my BH... Lots of leaking last time, but far less this time... I found a sleep bra kept me from leaking overnight the last time around.

My hips and pelvis "crack" when I roll over... worried that everything isn't spreading right and he'll have a tough birth. J was 20 minutes of pushing, but a car accident since then may have shifted things.

Had an u/s today and they estimated him at 5lb 10oz (big for dates I think?) J was 7lb3oz at birth (36w1d) so on par for me I figure. She had trouble measuring his head as he is low, not quite engaged though.

(Mindy - My bump is plenty of belly :) I haven't even taken a picture lately since it is so "lovely")
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby t&n's mummy » 13 Feb 2015, 12:16

Hope things get easier for you vc!

Scan this morning, all well, I may have peaked when they were checking gender... But I still have no idea!
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby CaelaCoo » 13 Feb 2015, 14:52

mindy wrote:La la la la la *fingers in ears not listening about small neat bumps* la la la

Lol sorry. If it helps I still have stretch marks this time. Didn't have any last time. Also getting slightly annoyed with people constantly saying where is it, there's nothing there etc etc
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby busmother » 13 Feb 2015, 20:42

Thinking of you, Fuz-chan, you sound like you are dealing with the situation amazingly.
I saw the midwife on Tuesday, who said my bump was neat - 1cm under apparently (not sure under what), so I'm clearly not quite as giant as I feel. But slightly eeked to read
high sugar diets in pregnancy are the biggest cause of giant babies.
. Mine is going to be enormous, as though I'm eating lots of fruit and veg, I'm also eating a lot of biscuits, cake and toast and nutella. I really need to start looking into how the process works of actually producing this thing. Emergency section last time at 35 weeks, so I managed to avoid giving it any serious thought last time, and I haven't quite got round to it this time, though they are letting me re-attend the NHS ante-natal classes starting next week (they don't usually for second pregnancies), so I may be slightly more clued up soon.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby RedRum » 13 Feb 2015, 21:27

Sorry busmother, didn't mean to cause worry!! She also said genetics were a huge factor (fathers side apparently) if that helps.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby junglewonderland » 14 Feb 2015, 05:19

Still here!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby junglewonderland » 14 Feb 2015, 11:27

Ok, JM not asleep next to me so I can type now. This is the world's longest prelabour! Since a week ago I have woken up a few nights with a few hours of regular contractions, which have then fizzled out. I have been having a show and been crampy for 2 days now. I feel like I deserve a quick labour after all this!

Hugs to CC and VC, I reckon that last month feels so close but forever at the same time, especially if you are on bed rest!

BM, I recommend anything by Ina May Gaskin as your prebirth reading. She is brilliant.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby Lily » 15 Feb 2015, 14:32

Hope something more productive is happening today jw!

We have a bit of a name dilemma. We had a shortlist with two or three front-runners, and were planning to choose when she arrives; we did that with Izbiz and it felt right, as one name was clearly the best suited to him once we'd met him. But now we've discussed name ideas with Iz, and he's settled very firmly on one name, which tbh was kind of our favourite too. So now we don't know whether to still keep our options open, which could be weird as I'm sure Iz will use the name he's chosen regardless, and that's clearly how she'll be referred to for the rest of the pregnancy, or whether to just accept fate and settle on that name now.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby CaelaCoo » 15 Feb 2015, 15:21

Hmm with molly we settled on molly at around 20 weeks and then that was it.

With this one we settled on something and then changed it about 6 weeks ago however if molly had an opinion at her age I think it would influence it. Maybe 'settle' on the name you've picked but be prepared when baby is born to look at them and think actually..
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby Violet_Cue » 15 Feb 2015, 16:16

We picked our name a good while ago and found out the gender (sex? I never remember which is the "correct" term, lol.) in order to help DS with the whole concept. He'll quite happily tell you baby Liam is in Mommy's tummy. I worry the name will be "wrong" for him when he arrives, but at the same time I think babies grow into their names a bit anyway. :)

How are you JW, still here?

I am currently working through a list of activities for J and DH to be able to do for the week. DH is feeling cooped up, sleeping badly b/c we are in his childhood bedroom, and needs a distraction before he drives me nuts.

I am also realising that being high risk for BP may mean I have to labour in hospital - have to check with the nurse on that when I next see her - but with J I had 2 days of off and on labour before my water broke, then it was 3.5 hours to pushing and 20 minutes pushing. I'm not sure how I'll do labouring under the pressure of observation and without being allowed to move around as much as I'd like. I have DH bringing in my yoga ball (in the hopes that I can then drag it in) as that is how I spent much of the first day, and I think it might satisfy them for resting?) And I got some combs...

I did it natural last time, and I'd like to do the same (a bit worried I won't be able to?) so this is worrying me a little.
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby RedRum » 15 Feb 2015, 16:28

I'm stumped for names. I have a loooong shortlist, but none that I'm really in love with. I'm sorted if it's girl (or at least 99% sorted) but I'm feeling really strongly it's a boy and I just can't settle on a name. Or at least not one that DH likes too. It's difficult having to factor in someone else's opinions, I didn't have to worry about that with R!

My colleagues wife just gave birth on the floor of the hospital reception, baby was delivered by a woman who's popped in the use the ATM. Amazing!
RedRum

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Feb 2015, 16:59

Crikey! Was she medically trained or really a complete random? Not what you expect to be doing when you wake up in the morning I suspect. Lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby RedRum » 15 Feb 2015, 17:08

Nope, she was just a visitor! As birth stories go, pretty amazing.
RedRum

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy