Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby Lily » 11 Feb 2015, 21:33

As of this week, I have now been pregnant, breastfeeding or both for 3 and a half years.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 11 Feb 2015, 21:49

Oh v_c, I hope you're doing OK. I must confess stating with the in laws would most def raise my bp!

And go you lily!!

Being off work seems to have made reality set in for me and I'm teetering dangerously on the edge of 'the fear'. I think I've had a bit of a hormone surge which is making me feel a bit odd, bit down. So all reassurances of 'it'll be fine; of course you'll cope' are very welcome...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Fuz-Chan » 11 Feb 2015, 22:13

Things here are still stressful. My lawyers and union rep had a meeting with the school lawyer on Tuesday, but the boss (as usual) failed to pass on the important information and the lawyer knew nothing. Its contract renewal time (usually foreigners are on 1 year contracts) and they HAVE to renew mine as I'm preggo (also, as they have NO GROUND AT ALL to sack me) but the lawyer didn't know anything about it. I'm going to have to take a day off to go to the next meeting. Direct manager hasn't been in all week so I haven't been able to put in the request, betting now that they say its not enough notice (meeting on the 20th).

Possibly have an alternative school for my daughter, can apply on Saturday for April. Its rubbish for her, moving schools for 2-3 months only but I don't have much choice. I will continue to fight my job but I need to have a contingency plan either way.
Fuz-Chan

Postby mindy » 11 Feb 2015, 22:22

DIM, I totally sympathise re the big bump, do you think it is the 3rd baby syndrome? I'm 22 weeks and look at least 36 weeks, I'm actually quite embarrassed to say my baby isn't due til June, isn't that awful? My maternity tops are already fully filled, not sure what I will be able to wear as the spring arrives. And I'm so tired this week, hard week at work and I can't hack it at the moment. However, I'm loving the somersaults and kicks I'm getting (even at 3am!).

FC, I've been thinking about you lots, we are so very lucky here in the uk. Any progress in your situation? And VC, fingers crossed for your bp to stay where it needs to.

NearlyMum, you WILL cope, and it would be strange if you weren't feeling The Fear. It might not be easy, but we will be here every step of the way! Are you doing any sort of relaxation such as yoga or hypnotherapy?

It's so good to know you are all out there, and we are climbing this hormonal mountain together!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby mindy » 11 Feb 2015, 22:25

Oh lord FC, it sounds horrendous - so very sorry. Try to stay sane, and as calm as you can (that sounds stupid even as I type it).
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Fuz-Chan » 12 Feb 2015, 06:37

Today they tried to tell me I can't take time off to go to the doctor. Haha, bad news - its protected by law. The law is actually very good, its just that my company is used to naive foreigners who believe everything they say. Well, not me.

Oh, and they tried to say I cannot request time off to attend union meeting. ER, yes I can. I can do whatever the hell I want with my paid leave. (The problem here is that nobody else has paid leave and they don't know how it works, I fought them for it through the union - we have to have it by law, but they just ignore the laws.)

Mindy -I'm actually quite calm. Not angry, I was expecting it all as they did it to someone else last year. I am amused slightly at how big a hole they are digging themselves.
Fuz-Chan

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 12 Feb 2015, 08:44

Thanks Mindy, I really appreciate that. I have been doing hypnobirthing - I think nursery time today will involve some breathing practice...

Hope everyone else is feeling as well as a pregnant lady can. I totally sympathise with the big bumps. MW says I'm measuring fine, which is great, but I def feel as big as with A, and she was 9,6... Getting somewhat uncomfortable noe...
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby junglewonderland » 12 Feb 2015, 12:20

Good on you fc, you are fighting for your own job and dd but I'm sure many others will benefit in the future. Nearly mum, you will cope, a moment at a time, don't let your hormones tell you otherwise. And cut yourself some slack, getting used to being on leave.

I am a big, hormonal mess. In the last week or so I have dented the car, got a stick lodged in my foot that Dr had to remove, stepped on my child's bare foot with my shoe, forgot to tell my midwifery student about changed appts so she had 2 hrs of driving for no reason, and been late to drop off and pick up Koala on his very first day of preschool. Plus I've cried about 50 times. My brain has shut off and my hormones seem to be running the show. I didn't go out today because I was too scared of injuring myself or others! But I also go crazy if I stay home too much. Today I bore the brunt of my induction attempts yesterday and had the worst diarrhoea, could barely leavd the loo. But to no avail in the baby department.....
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby Lily » 12 Feb 2015, 12:28

Oh no jw! Come on junglebaby, out out out! Diarrhoea might actually be a good sign - your body clearing out all the unnecessary distractions so it can concentrate on labour. Fingers crossed it all happens soon for you, anyway.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby RedRum » 12 Feb 2015, 12:43

junglewonderland wrote:Good on you fc, you are fighting for your own job and dd but I'm sure many others will benefit in the future.

Totally this.

And ((((((((jw))))))) have a great big hug (don't even mind if you get snot on my shoulder). Really hope things start moving soon xx
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Violet_Cue » 12 Feb 2015, 12:52

BP is staying low enough for no concern with rest - still higher than my usual, so there is definitely something up, but nothing to panic over. No protein issues so far, so thinking this may be good luck in catching it really early. (I would have had 10 more days before a DR appt! Glad I was silly enough to check it myself at the store. :)

JW - hope you have more success with getting things moving. Where I was early with J I didn't have to do anything... so not sure what to suggest -although my mom swears driving a bumpy road had her water break with me. Other than that you can try the breast pump, more DTD, and maybe some acupressure points? Not sure much else is actually supposed to do much.

And FC - totally cheering for you! Glad you know what you are entitled to and are fighting for it!
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 12 Feb 2015, 13:58

(((()))) for all those who need them today - it seems like quite a few!

JW, I hope your little one decides to make an appearance soon..

I had my repeat anomaly scan today. It was lovely and clear and the sonographer got all the measurements she needed, and said that he's growing well and looking good. I can't quite believe I'm twenty two weeks (and one day!) already.. it feels like a while since I found out I was pregnant (I wasn't even four weeks!) but at the same time the weeks seem to be quizzing by.

Mindy, I would like to put the big bumps down to third baby-ness but I've seen a picture of t&n'sm's bump and it's lovely and neat, and about a third of the size of mine! :wink:
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby t&n's mummy » 12 Feb 2015, 16:07

Oh no didn't want to cause problems with that pic, though thank you for saying that :) I was under pressure from friends abroad to share more pics...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 12 Feb 2015, 17:26

Ah no, it was a lovely picture! It just made me go :o a bit because mine seems so much bigger! I was much bigger than you to start with though so maybe that makes a difference? Either that or The Bean is actually an elephant!
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 12 Feb 2015, 17:28

Hugs jw - I feel you on the hormone front. Be kind to yourself
nearlymumtobabyfk

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy