Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby busmother » 09 Feb 2015, 11:19

Oh Fuz-Chan, that sounds like the last thing you need. Puts my moans into perspective. I'm feeling enormous. I met a mum last week due at the same time as me with a tiny bump, but then several people reassured me that it was her first and you get much bigger with second pregnancies. But yesterday we sold our double buggy to a lovely woman expecting twins at the end of April (I'm start of April), and she has an older son and her bump is tiny too. Everything feels like such an effort already, and I've still got 9 weeks to go. Oh well. And my feet have started itching at night, which probably means obstetric cholestasis again and going in every two weeks for blood tests which I could do without.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 09 Feb 2015, 11:40

((((FC)))) That sounds really shit, all of it. I hope you can get it all worked out soon x

I am huge. Seriously.. I saw a picture the other day of myself at about 7.5ish months pregnant with Dylan and I feel like I might be pretty much the same size now with this one (21w5d)! It is so much bump though - I don't really feel like I've gained much weight anywhere else yet, which is good. I don't want to gain as much with this one as I did with the other two.. I was already really overweight before I fell pregnant this time so I need to be more careful. I'm quite chilled about it all though.. feeling much more like I did with Isaac than Dylan, which is good because I really struggled during my first pregnancy.

I've got my repeat anomaly scan on Thursday (the sonographer couldn't get all the measurements last time) so hopefully we'll get a nice clear look at our little Bean and see how he's doing. She was able to tell me that he's still a boy! :) I am really loving the idea of three little boys (however hard other people seem to find that to believe) and I think Dylan has come around to the idea a bit more too, although he did suggest that the 'next one' could be a girl! Isaac still isn't very interested but hopefully he'll be more so as it becomes more real for him. So that's me really.. how's everyone else doing today?
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby Lily » 09 Feb 2015, 14:21

(((FC))) and anyone else who's suffering.

jw, there's nothing wrong with birthdays on the 13th! Izbiz is on the 13th of May and it's removed all my superstitions, because it turns it into a nice positive day instead. I'm kinda hoping baby girl might arrive on the 13th of April (the day after my due date), just for the sake of symmetry.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby ToothFairy » 09 Feb 2015, 18:34

{{{{{FC}}}}} hope your lawyer kicks ass, and you manage to sort a hospital out too. You could really do without that kind of stress!!

JW my nieces' birthdays are on 13/2, and my brother's is 15/2. They have a busy weekend coming up!!
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Treeb » 09 Feb 2015, 19:52

((((FC)))) How awful to be going through all that with the hospitals and your work! I hope things somehow manage to turn out for the best.

I think I am just now, at 5 months along, starting to feel some of the magical second trimester relief. I'm finally feeling a bit more energy. I've still been napping a few days every week but in the past couple weeks it feels like the extreme exhaustion I've been feeling for several months has finally started to lift. My belly is big, but not yet to the point of being really uncomfortable or making me waddle, etc. I will enjoy this slight relief of symptoms while it lasts since I'm sure in another few weeks some new uncomfortable pregnancy symptom will come along.

I've also been feeling lots of nice strong movements, both wiggles and sometimes it seems to be proper kicks. Dh can feel them a bit when I'm lying down which is nice too. Waiting for them to get a bit stronger and more distinctive before I show L and try to let him have a feel.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby junglewonderland » 10 Feb 2015, 04:54

Enjoy the 2nd tri, Treeb!

Thanks Lily and TF, a 13th birthday would be fine, you know your pregnancy is going well when you can think about flippant things like that.

I'm going to the movies today. By myself. Probably won't get to do that again for a few years.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 10 Feb 2015, 10:56

Yay to that jw, enjoy..m on a similar note, this is my 1st day of mat leave and I still have 5 hours of child free time left of it. Big shop done, going to watch the wire whilst doing some sorting and then likely fall asleep whilst listening to my hypnobirthing CD... Aaaahhhh
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby t&n's mummy » 10 Feb 2015, 11:39

Oo cinema on own... Wow. I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema.

I fainted at yoga class this morning, do I need to be worried about that? I am feeling much better now, stopped at the coffee shop on way home for cake and got the bus two stops home, just feel a bit wiped out.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby RedRum » 10 Feb 2015, 12:02

Maybe call the midwife T&N. I'm sure it's nothing, just low blood pressure or blood sugar or something, but they may want to check you out just in case.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby junglewonderland » 11 Feb 2015, 12:18

I would give the mw a call too t&n. Prob nothing major, high blood pressure is more of a worry than low in pregnancy it seems (mine is super low and they are not worried).

Today is the day I was sure I would have had my baby by. I officially have the crazies, and am hoping I get to peaceful acceptance stage soon. I have tried:
Fresh pineapple
DTD
Nipple stimulation
Chilli
Going for a walk
Licorice
Reflexology

To get this baby out. Ok, so I'm not even really overdue, just due, but I'd convinced myself bub would come early. Am getting several texts and calls a day asking if I've had it. Aaaargh!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby yorkshirepudding » 11 Feb 2015, 12:50

Aaaargh indeed jw, I'm hoping for a nice 1 week early like Moo was, don't think I would stay sane if I went over! Hope it all happens very soon, I think they should give you an official range of dates rather than 1 day, might make it more bearable.

Fuz-chan, how are things now?

P.S. just to put the frighteners on everyone, a woman at our Children's Centre had a baby 10 days over 2 weeks ago, 11lb something!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby t&n's mummy » 11 Feb 2015, 14:16

Yikes! T was 13 days over and still only 7lb 14.

I have told everyone my baby is due mid July to avoid all of those annoying calls. Hopefully.

I didn't get around to calling the mw yesterday, do you think I still should? I am feeling much better today.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby RedRum » 11 Feb 2015, 14:20

R was 8lb3 at 12 days over. My midwife told me last week that she'd attended a home birth for an 11 pounder recently, eek. She said the first thing that happened when she got there was that the MIL offered her a slice of cake and the mother said 'Oh, I really been enjoying my cake while I've been pregnant'. MW managed not to comment but she did say to me that high sugar diets in pregnancy are the biggest cause of giant babies.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Violet_Cue » 11 Feb 2015, 21:01

That's sounds awful FC! I would be so stressed if my work wasn't stable.

Yay for everyone feeling lots of movement...

Boo for bellies that feel like they are bigger than you'd like... I currently feel huge, but am 35 weeks... so guessing it is to be expected.

More excitingly I seem to have potential high BP issues - had a headache on Monday and was a bit worried about it, so tested my BP at a pharmacy - it was higher than my normal, so I did a second check at a different place and got a number that was in the "high range (156/88, compared to my normal 110/70) - so now I am on bed rest for the forseeable. We live too far from the hospital for the home monitoring program, so we have had to come to town to stay with the in laws. Hubby is off and taking care of J, but the ILs are both retired/ not working so we are all rattling around in their house... J is very energetic and the house is attached so we are trying to keep his thunderous crashing down, but I am sure it is no fun for him.

So far my BP has stayed higher than what I am used to, but in acceptable range. All this puts me into "high risk" land, so I have to have detailed biophysicals weekly (bonus is lots of peeks at baby!) and the nurse comes and visits for the first 4 days, then every second day. We just got the wifi sorted, so hopefully that will help.

All the more reason to be okay if this little bit would like to be early like big brother... although I'm hoping to find he is on track with the regular u/s tomorrow and the growth scan Monday before I actually wish him to arrive early!
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby Treeb » 11 Feb 2015, 21:14

L was a week over and weighed 9 lbs. Maybe I need to work on cutting back my sugar intake as I'd really prefer a smaller baby this time!

V_C, glad that your BP is staying in acceptable range. I hope that continues and that you don't all go crazy staying with the ILs.

I got my first comment today from someone asking if I am pregnant. I don't really go out much besides general shopping, trips to the library, etc. so am not with other people a ton and mostly it is strangers who (hopefully) wouldn't be asking personal questions. This was from a woman I used to work with who now works at our local grocery store, but I was a bit surprised since I had my coat on! I am definitely showing though and I'm sure I'll get more comments eventually.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy