Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby Feefielou » 04 Feb 2015, 14:54

That's it. I have officially given in to the call of the maternity trousers. And I'm only 11 weeks! Oh dear goodness. I just couldn't find any ordinary trousers in my wardrobe this morning that would do up without having to squish things in so tightly that I couldn't breathe. Mmmmm, these maternity ones are so comfyyyyyyy.....

I'm feeling rather miffed that round 2 is making me sick. Moonbeam never once made me feel anything more than a teeny weeny bit queasy. I guess round 2 is making up for that.
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby Lily » 06 Feb 2015, 10:31

Boo to sickness, Feefielou!

My pregnancy pillow got kicked out of bed a few weeks back - I think I started using it too early, and it was just preventing me from turning over in my sleep, which meant I woke up way more often than I needed to. Still no hip pain yet, thankfully, so I will try to put off using the pillow again as long as I can; I'm sure my hips were awful by this stage last time round.

Saw my midwife this morning and bump is still measuring on the 10th centile line, so she may be small but she's following the growth curve beautifully. Such a relief! Maybe small bump/baby is the reason my hips are cooperating a bit more this time.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby t&n's mummy » 06 Feb 2015, 10:39

Good to hear that things are good lily!

Apparently I look officially pg now, thanks to mums at school for pointing that out, no idea if they are meaning I just look big or that they hadn't realised before (several people in the hadn't realised camp) will be glad when this week is over and DH is home. Everything has gone wrong and t's excema has flared up again, it really isn't nice peeling stuck pjs off sore elbows... But at least now we have heating. Pg massage this afternoon (thank you Dh for organising that) so things should all feel better...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby yorkshirepudding » 06 Feb 2015, 13:14

Ooh enjoy your massage t&n's mummy, I think I need to get me one of those, hmmm, Mother's Day is coming up... :) Hope poor t is feeling less sore soon, must be horrible :( And yay for returning DH, I'm so glad it's Friday and it's just been a normal week!

Lily, a nice small bump is definitely a blessing in terms of how you feel I think, my bump last time was pretty small, I went to a fancy dress party the week before Moo was born with scary baby hands sticking out of my bump and someone asked me if I was actually pregnant, it did get a bit boring saying yes, I AM that far along, but I gues it's the same if you have a big bump, you get the opposite.

Feefielou, I was really bloated at the start of pregnancy this time, then I think my bump has only got a bit bigger in the last couple of weeks, maybe you'll stabilise for a few weeks now. Just enjoy those stretchy waists :) I need to get a pair of mine back off a friend who seems to assume I won't need them for months, if only.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Violet_Cue » 06 Feb 2015, 14:18

My bump is measuring right along where it should - but I am getting the "oh, not much longer" and "it's safe to say you are expecting" from random strangers. I've been gaining like crazy the last few weeks, (although still not that much overall, so I think it's okay to pack on the lbs in third tri?) but I for sure look mostly baby, although I know how thick my legs really are. :)

I don't remember feeling this "done" at 34 weeks last time. J was born at 36 and it's like I think of the matching date as my due date this time? Of course it may be that I've been off work for the last 7 weeks... that all the baby stuff is washed, sorted, and set-up, that I don't want to "nest" and clean my house from top to bottom, that there is no room in my freezer to be practical and batch cook, or that I am just whiny! :)

Fiefielou - I wouldn't feel bad - I definitely pulled out the mat pants sooner this time. Nothing wrong with wanting to be comfortable, whether it is bloat, baby, or everything just moving up and out sooner the second time around. :)

J's birthday party tomorrow, so that will keep me occupied for a bit - few last minute things to do (pack the party box, wrap the prizes) and my bio dad is in town for the weekend so some visits will happen. :)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby Feefielou » 06 Feb 2015, 18:59

I've spent the last 36 hours in London. A friend got me one of the transport for London 'baby on board' pin badges. What a godsend! Chivalrous men have carried my suitcase up and down stairs, given up seats on the tube, held doors open for me! Restores my faith in humanity. If only we could have a bit of that in Geneva (even in the final few weeks last time around, people on the bus would glower up at me standing in the aisle with a face that said 'I didn't get you pregnant, don't expect anything from me').
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby RedRum » 08 Feb 2015, 21:18

How's everyone doing? I'm getting some really massive kicks, love sitting in the bath watching my belly jump about. Getting quite a lot of braxton hicks now, and my lower back and hips are suffering a bit, I certainly know when I've overdone it a bit!
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 08 Feb 2015, 21:29

Oo bath sounds lovely rr!

I am feeling lots of wriggling but still no actual kicks yet, second scan on Friday so looking forward to that.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Lily » 08 Feb 2015, 22:16

Junglewoman, you still here? Hope all's well.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby junglewonderland » 09 Feb 2015, 06:03

Hello, yes, still here! Thanks for thinking of me Lily. I can't believe this baby hasn't been born yet. It's not due til Thursday but I thought it would be early. Koala's birthday party came and went, no baby (so SIL's dream was wrong). I did have two hours of painful contractions that night but they fizzled. So now preferred days for birth are Tues, Wed or Thurs. Not today, too many family birthdays. Not Fri the 13th or Valentines day please. The 15th would be cool (15/2/15). But it will come when it's good and ready. We still don't have a boys name, so if it is a boy we are really stuffed. I have done absolutely everything I needed to do before baby came plus more, and dh has already been on leave for a week. So it's hard not to be impatient, but poor baby isn't even late yet!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby Fuz-Chan » 09 Feb 2015, 07:30

The 13th is my DH's birthday, and while I think its a massive PITA he doesn't care; he gets more chocolates!

I'm so screwed - I'm moving house before I have this baby, a fair distance, and the hospital I had DD at has just told me they can't take me. Another clinic said "oh my god, a foreigner?!?" so NOT there. All the other places that will take me either don't allow children to visit, or need me to get there before I'm 20 weeks (16 now) for a preliminary check. Add to that that I have to have a c-section, some hospitals will make me stay 14 days!!! I have another child to look after and no parents to help.... argh.

Oh yeah, and my work are trying to get rid of me for being pregnant. They know they can't, so they are kicking my daughter out (I work in an early years school) knowing fine well that all the other schools are full - basically, they are using dirty tactics to try to get me to quit.

What fun.
Fuz-Chan

Postby RedRum » 09 Feb 2015, 07:46

Oh god FC, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. We forget how luck we are over here I think with so many protected rights. Can you send in your DH with the big guns? (Not suggesting you can't handle it and he can iyswim, just the language thing, and the fact that you tend to fight a better fight when you're fighting someone else's corner than your own) Best of luck finding a solution xx
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Fuz-Chan » 09 Feb 2015, 07:51

Nice idea, but its the foreign boss who is making the problem. (Brazilian) I have lawyers on it re: my job, so we shall see...

Hospital wise, I guess I am going to have to take a week off work (hah! I'm sure they will try to refuse just to be dicks) and get to Shizuoka and sort it out. Fun! DH is already there though, preparing our new house etc... so it would be nice to see him. It sucks being pregnant without him around. At least the 5 year old is awesome and has learned to make a cuppa for me (of her own accord).
Fuz-Chan

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 09 Feb 2015, 08:20

Oh my fc, that sounds horrific! Like RR said, we forget how lucky we are. I hope your lawyer fights a good fight...

And jw - you hang on to that bubs. I believe I'm next after you, and frankly I need a couple more weeks to nest before I can contemplate arrival ;)
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby junglewonderland » 09 Feb 2015, 11:10

FC, that sounds so stressful! Pregnancy is bad enough without moving, job, childcare and hospital worries on top. I learned Portuguese from 17 year old pot smokers when I was on exchange and can think of some choice words I would like to say to your boss.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy