Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby Lily » 26 Feb 2015, 15:10

Good luck VC! If you're into acupressure, take a look at combs - sabrina fair just sent me hers and I've been reading up, they look great and are completely compatible with all other forms of pain management, monitoring, whatever. I had a drip last time round, but I was able to keep moving even while attached to the monitors; I couldn't walk far, but pacing like a caged animal seemed to work too!

I am suddenly feeling a lot more pregnant. Getting uncomfortable sitting for long, and SPD flares whenever I overdo it - like taking Izbiz to nursery on the bus this morning, so not exactly a hard physical task! Aargh, so much needs doing in the garden before spring gets any further along and it all turns into a jungle.

Also slightly pissed off as my midwife appointment got pushed back from tomorrow morning to Tuesday lunchtime. I will have to take Izbiz, who will be sleepy and grumpy, and it'll be nearer 4 weeks than 3 since my last appointment. But on the plus side, it means I get an uninterrupted day to work in the library tomorrow; not many more of those on the horizon any time soon.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Treeb » 26 Feb 2015, 19:05

Has anyone else had knee pain during pregnancy? I always have achey legs, but the past several days when I lie down I get sharp quick pains in my right knee that feel like they spread down my leg, then a few moments later I get another jab of pain, etc. It's worst laying on either of my sides but happens when I'm on my back too and sometimes when I'm sitting with my feet up.. The only time I don't get it is lying on my stomach, but then baby starts kicking like crazy like she's trying to say "Mama! Stop squashing me!"

Anyone else had this or any ideas for dealing with it?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby t&n's mummy » 26 Feb 2015, 19:21

Sounds like you need a pregnancy massage treeb! Not sure what it is that you have but I also have v achy legs and it does help, might help you..?

I am having a rubbish day, v tearful over silly things, tired and on my own again :(
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 26 Feb 2015, 20:33

Oh big hugs t&n - I hope you can watch something nice when the smalls are asleep and feel better (( ))
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby mindy » 26 Feb 2015, 22:54

T&n, you are entitled to be tearful, let them flow and blame the hormones - do hope it settles soon x x

Treeb, it's probably the relaxin kicking in - it can affect all joints, not just pelvis, and of course there may be a bit more weight going through it..... So frustrating when you can't take painkillers, does a hot water bottle or ice help?

Lots of luck VC, we are all following with interest and our fingers crossed for you. Good to hear so many positive induction stories, if it does come to that.

Lily, I really sympathise with the spd - I'm pretty crippled, can't walk any distance at all, can't bend over, nothing much helps apart from heat (and it's not v graceful waddling around with a hot water bottle wedged in your groin, believe me, I've tried!).

I am totally fed up with people telling me how huge I am, literally EVERY DAY someone gasps 'are you sure there is only one in there?' Yes, I'm sure, and I still have another 16 weeks to go - do I really look like I need the fact I look full term pointing out to me? Grrrrrr.
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby t&n's mummy » 27 Feb 2015, 07:31

Oh no mindy, that's not nice, I hope you have a clever response ready to shut them up :)

Dh home later, the place is a mess, I am exhausted so booked myself a pg massage, which is a bit indulgent as I am going to a local meet other expectant mums/yoga/brunch on Sunday morning, I am mainly going for the brunch bit :mona should be good.
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby RedRum » 27 Feb 2015, 11:09

Just got a telling off from my mw as according to my purple book I've gained 11kg at 28 weeks. I got a bit defensive as I weigh myself pretty much every day and log my weight and I know I've only gained 7.5, which is a pretty big difference from 11. Plus I've genuinely been SO careful logging everything, keeping to goal calories, trying to keep a bit active (although that parts a bit hard when even a half hour walk leaves me in pain for the rest of the day) and I was feeling really good about how I was doing. I'm the same size everywhere but my bump and boobs. I had a bit of a cry in the car afterwards, it's made me feel really shit.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Kanga » 27 Feb 2015, 11:23

(((Rr))) I'm sorry she made you feel so rubbish. I never got weighed after my booking in appt, could you refuse to be weighed & say you've been doing it at home?
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby t&n's mummy » 27 Feb 2015, 11:25

Oh no rr how awful, complain and refuse further weighing, that's just mean of her.
t&n's mummy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 27 Feb 2015, 13:13

Oh rr, that's so shitty of her. I haven't been weighed since booking either. If I was I dread to think what the scales would say! Frankly if you feel well and are still able to be reasonably active I can't see what the issue is... She's clearly a knob - hope you feel better soon
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby mindy » 27 Feb 2015, 15:39

Sounds perfectly reasonable gain to me RR, how mean of her. Perhaps she is being harder on you because you ARE trying so hard, and wants to keep you motivated? Or perhaps she is just mean and insensitive. At 24 weeks I've put on exactly a stone, don't know if that's good or bad, but I feel huge! Being a bit too big to start with doesn't help - you were a good healthy weight to start with, and have been far more careful than most. Bum to her, I say.
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Violet_Cue » 27 Feb 2015, 18:04

My gain was good for ages, but now I've gained 3lbs per week for the last few.

So the doctor was not at all concerned about my levels... she said they are high enough that they got flagged, but that she wouldn't consider them an issue. I'm sure she knows what she is doing, but at the same time I would feel better if she hadn't recorded my BP at my normal level (110/70) again when neither my machine nor any nurse that has taken it in the last three weeks has had a number nearly that low. (Best has been 120/78 and it's usually 132/82 or higher) - either way I am now at 37 weeks by their numbers and I am happy to let him out whenever he likes. :)

(On which note I had curry for lunch, my massage therapist took care of some nice deep knots in my lower back, and DH and I traded services for cervical ripening agents last night ;) ) If we had more space I'd get him to haul out the yoga ball since I am pretty sure little bit is hanging out face up.

Another scan on Monday to check on growth, placenta, and all that jazz. :)

Hope everyone's feeling better - not sure why anyone thinks you should say anything other than "you look great!" to a pregnant lady. :)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby Lily » 27 Feb 2015, 18:35

Baby girl has a charming new habit: pushing with both hands hard against one side of my pelvis, so her bum pushes up at the top of my bump on the other side. Very annoying.

I've not been weighed since booking either, RR. Midwife should be more sensitive to hormonal pregnant ladies!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby RedRum » 27 Feb 2015, 19:48

Thanks all, I'm feeling better now as really I know she's weighed me once in September, and once today, whereas I have weighed myself regularly throughout and I know that I haven't gained as much as my notes say. They have me as 2kg lighter to start with than I was, and 2kg heavier now than I actually am. It was just the lecture about watching what I eat and blah blah big baby gestational diabetes etc when I know perfectly well that I eat the right amount of a very healthy balanced diet, and that I've gained the right amount. So ya boo sucks to her. She's normally lovely, but I remember now that she told off my friend and really upset her too (who is tiny and remained tiny throughout her pregnancy) so maybe it's just her thing.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 27 Feb 2015, 21:25

Pregnancy massage sounds good. I actually have a gift card dh gave me a loooong time ago for a massage that I've never gotten around to using, I should remember to call and schedule myself in for one sometime in the next couple of weekends!

Mindy, we sound very similar. I'm at 25.5 weeks and have gained about 15 lbs, and also started off a bit on the big side. I keep getting a shock every time I step on the scale and see the number has crept up yet another half pound or pound in just a day or two. My doctor weighs at every appointment (every 4 weeks currently) and seems to think I am on track though so I guess this is somewhere in the range of normal weight gain for this point.

I'm excited today because my HypnoBirthing book and CD has arrived. I didn't look into HypnoBirthing at all last time around, but I've heard so many good things about it and I wanted to get myself some kind of book just as a refresher about birth and what to expect, relaxation, etc. so I'm hoping this will fill that need. Didn't want to just re-read the same books I read last time. We're not planning on doing any classes this time around, so hopefully I can get dh to also do a bit of reading up to refresh his memory on what to expect as well.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy