Pregnancy updates - February

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - February

Postby junglewonderland » 23 Feb 2015, 14:33

Sorry to hear that CC, what a stress you don't need. Travel and monitoring with a toddler to look after, plus labour worries. Hoping little baby will surprise you all with some good weight gain in the next weeks.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby RedRum » 23 Feb 2015, 15:19

((((Cc)))) sorry you're having to worry. And what a hassle with all the monitoring. X

Mine is aaaargh. How do you deal with a DH who turns his nose up at every single name you suggest but hasn't made a single suggestion of his own?!
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby CaelaCoo » 23 Feb 2015, 16:07

Say either you help me pick or its going to be (insert name he really hates here)??
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby t&n's mummy » 23 Feb 2015, 16:17

Oh no cc, hope it works out, grow baby!

Nightmares seem to have stopped, phew! New stresses (not pg related) seem to be around every corner gah.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 23 Feb 2015, 16:30

RR, my DH doesn't like any of the names I suggest either really but he keeps suggesting totally ridiculous ones (Spock, for example) so he's not actually helping to pick one anyway! I keep reminding him that because we're married (we weren't when Dylan was born) he doesn't actually need to be there to register The Bean's birth (and he doesn't drive, nor does he ever organise anything, so it would end up being me doing it).. so I could, in theory, choose any name I like.. :wink:
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby RedRum » 23 Feb 2015, 16:44

Lol, DIM, I suppose I was being unfair to my DH. He has suggested DH Jr. and Spike.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby CaelaCoo » 23 Feb 2015, 17:19

Aww spike is awesome and everyone needs a child called Spock don't they :wink:

I'm sure you will come up with something in the end that you both just click on. A family friend took 4 weeks to name their daughter after she was born. They really had no idea. She rarely gets called her name now anyway as her initials spell Gok... Lol
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby yorkshirepudding » 23 Feb 2015, 17:48

CC that sounds really stressful but hope they can reassure you and like you say at least you have an end point if he doesn't suddenly have a growth spurt, and a bit of time to prepare yourself mentally for a different birth from what you had envisaged.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Violet_Cue » 24 Feb 2015, 12:40

Sorry to hear CC - although as much as growth scans are important the variance makes me wonder how much issue there is for sure? I had mine yesterday and she didn't even do measurements as they did them last week - she said they only do them biweekly as error can lead to it looking like they have lost weight... so if you have two different techs and one is off up and the other is off down... or the position changes... I know here they do it by femur, belly, and head... Any BP issues? That's where my monitoring is coming from and where they worry about growth.

In other news I made a field trip to L&D last night - supposed to go in for more than 6 contractions per hour... well I was having them from 2pm on, they went from 10 mins apart to 7 to 5-6 by the time I gave in and went in. Of course not in active labour (which I knew) so they all treated me like I was nuts. At least I have a starting point since I am 1cm and "high and thick" 36w4 according to them today. Looking to make it to Friday at least...

(edited for J's early submit)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby CaelaCoo » 24 Feb 2015, 13:28

Violet_Cue wrote:Sorry to hear CC - although as much as growth scans are important the variance makes me wonder how much issue there is for sure? I had mine yesterday and she didn't even do measurements as they did them last week - she said they only do them biweekly as error can lead to it looking like they have lost weight... so if you have two different techs and one is off up and the other is off down... or the position changes... I know here they do it by femur, belly, and head... Any BP issues? That's where my monitoring is coming from and where they worry about growth.

(edited for J's early submit)

No bp issues just growth scans. They are just going by the book really. My consultant said you know 99% of cases nothings wrong but because of that 1% they have to be careful
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby CaelaCoo » 24 Feb 2015, 19:05

Jeezus I hope the rest of the week goes better.

Appointment was supposed to be 3.30 but because of two theatre emergencies all the midwives were busy so didnt get seen till 4.50. Then instead of being monitored for half an hour, it had to be an hour as he chose to go to sleep and his heart rate kept dropping.

Didn't get home till nearly 7 when I should have been back around 5.15 at the latest.
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby Violet_Cue » 26 Feb 2015, 01:28

It's such a pain when you get stuck longer at appointments.

My blood work Monday showed some issues starting to creep up from the BP stuff, repeat today shows more increases. See the doctor tomorrow to see what she wants to do...

Went all natural with J so hoping an induction doesn't mess with being able to do that again. And without talking to her to find out how bad my levels are I don't know if I'd rather she wait and see with more blood work or jump straight to action.

Wish me luck that I can get some clear info from her tomorrow - often my appointments are short and sweet.
Violet_Cue

Postby Treeb » 26 Feb 2015, 03:28

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow V_C, and you can get a plan in place for whatever might happen next! I had to be induced with L, and it really turned out so much better than I imagined it would. The contractions were strong and intense once labor got started, but I was able to get through it all just fine without painkillers.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 26 Feb 2015, 09:18

I was needed too vc, I know it's a bit different as well wanted to be induced as I was in so much pain but I had a really good experience with it. Managed with just pethidine as pain relief and was done within 5 hours lol. I know there's always a lot of worry about being induced, especially if it's not how you would have planned it, but just wanted to add another good experience for you.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Violet_Cue » 26 Feb 2015, 12:54

Thanks ladies! :) I'll update when I know more from my appointment. :) My contractions really picked up last time once my water broke, but I have a good pain tolerance - so much so that once I was in the "birthing room" and the shower one of the triage nurses (this six foot Amazon) commented on how I seemed much better and had I had something for the pain? :)

I'm also so glad for this place as I have been looking at the acupressure stuff, since last time I did a lot of slow dancing/ rocking with DH and labouring while walking and I am not sure I'll be allowed to be that active with BP monitoring. So it is good to have another pain management plan. :)
Violet_Cue

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy