Pregnancy Updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - January

Postby CaelaCoo » 14 Jan 2015, 21:00

yorkshirepudding wrote:Thank you all for letting me bob along in the forum stream for the last 2 weeks whilst we've been deciding what to do then waiting for results. They came back early and GOOD NEWS - very low risk of Down syndrome, hurrah!

No ideas why one blood level is ridiculously high, possibly linked to placenta function so the consultant we saw privately for the test has recommended monthly scans from 24/ 28 weeks to check growth. Anyone any experience of extra scans - how did you get them, was the NHS willing or reluctant?

nearlymum, hope you don't get any more. ((()))

I've had to have growth scans every 8 weeks from 12 weeks as I have a low bmi and they want to make sure its not affecting baby which at the last scan it wasn't. I'm due another one now at 36 weeks but it was all arranged through my consultant. He filled a form requesting it and I just booked them at the reception before I left.
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby RedRum » 14 Jan 2015, 22:08

Hope you can persuade the powers that be YP.

22 weeks and my bump has well and truly joined the party. When I went to bed last night I reckon I still could have passed for having overdone the mince pies, as of this morning I look pregnant. Kind of relieved to be honest! Scan on Friday, can't wait to see him/her again :bsmile
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby pirate_han » 15 Jan 2015, 12:51

I saw a lovely consultant. C section booked for January 29th. It feels very weird to know when he's going to arrive! I'm really pleased as its a nursery day for B so she can go in a bit early and then have her normal day with no routine disruption - just what I hoped for (she isn't used to being looked after by others as my family aren't near enough so would have found it a bit confusing otherwise).

Oh and if anyone's on my FB - I'm telling friends/family it's booked for January 30th by the way as otherwise two of my sisters will harass my DH all day long.

Fingers crossed for no bleeding between now and then and a nice smooth delivery!

Glad you are feeling bumpalicious RR :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby pimento » 15 Jan 2015, 12:57

Hooray p_h! Fingers crossed for no unexpected surprises and double hooray for a nursery-day-delivery! :D
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 15 Jan 2015, 16:19

Yay p_h!! Eeeeeeek!! :)
And hooray for bumps RR - enjoy it
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby t&n's mummy » 15 Jan 2015, 20:44

Yay ph fingers crossed!

I have now cracked out the maternity clothes though feeling pleased that I do still fit into a couple of non maternity skirts, bump is quite noticeable and baby is wriggling, but not kicking yet... When did you get actual kicks? I can't remember with t and n, but felt both quite early on as with this one.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Lily » 15 Jan 2015, 21:27

Yay ph!

Not sure how I'd distinguish wriggles from kicks at first tbh, t&n'sm. I felt proper definite movements from about 18 weeks this time, which I think was maybe a little bit earlier than I did with Iz. But also had an anterior placenta last time, so it was harder to feel much in the early stages. I'm pretty sure the baby's orientation is different this time round - with Iz I mostly felt kicks under the ribcage and scratchy movements down near the cervix (he was born with his face all scratched to pieces so that made sense!). But baby girl is mostly active around my lower abdomen, just below the belly button. And recently she's been making lots of weird fluttery/shivery movements, no idea what that's about; thought it might be hiccups but it's much quicker and less rhythmic than I remember from Iz's hiccupy phase.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby RedRum » 15 Jan 2015, 22:05

Boys name help... Thoughts on Sullivan. I like the sound of it, and I like that it's three syllables which goes when with our surname (body of water, rhymes with cake) and it's the surname of an older family friend DH really looks up to. Thoughts?

Other current faves are:

Arlen/Arlan
Alban
Denzel
Ellis
Morris
Harrison
Kester
Levi

Eclectic.... Any thoughts/suggestions?

We're not finding out the gender, but I'm more or less set on a girls name.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby mamapup » 15 Jan 2015, 22:23

Love Sulliavan. Do you like Sully though? Not quite so good with your surname maybe.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Jan 2015, 22:28

Not my cuppa tea but not my son.

I do like Levi though, what about Eli?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 15 Jan 2015, 22:59

I quite Ellis and Levi RR. I like Sullivan too, and sully...

Can I ask similar name Q's please..? I have 2 boys names (we don't know gender, but somehow I think girls names are easier). My two are
Ira
George - the potential issue with George being it's A's middle name. Does that matter?

What do we think?
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Kanga » 16 Jan 2015, 01:32

My first thought about Sullivan is that its the name of the character in monsters inc. I like it though. Levi was on my list for ds2 & I like Ellis & Harrison too.

T&n I felt ds2 do a proper kick at 19 weeks but that was later than ds1 which I wasn't expecting.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby pirate_han » 16 Jan 2015, 02:42

Love Sullivan and Sully. Saul? I'm going Homeland here :)

I don't think it matters nm. George is lovely.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Treeb » 16 Jan 2015, 02:53

Boys names are so tricky. We have our anatomy scan next Weds. so I will find out then if I need to start scrambling around for a suitable boys name - so far dh and I only have a girls name and no good candidates for a boy name. I like Sullivan although I don't think I'd name my own boy that.

Nearlymum, I think it would be fine to use George. My dad and his brother have the same first two names, just swapped order so my dad is First Middle, and his brother is Middle First.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby t&n's mummy » 16 Jan 2015, 09:24

I like Sullivan too.
My nephew is called Arlan, it is a Cornish name I think.
I like Ellis.

I don't think it is a problem to use a middle name, it's a nice connection.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy