Pregnancy Updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - January

Postby pirate_han » 19 Jan 2015, 09:07

10 days to go and I'm really struggling with tiredness! I can sleep but I'm up several times a night to pee. My eyes twitch all day. I've been reasonably energetic between HG and this point but I could literally stay in bed all day now. I have B all day today and tomorrow on my own so will have to sit at soft play or something to get five minutes peace :( I wanted these last days of just us to be lovely but I am just so tired.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby RedRum » 19 Jan 2015, 09:32

((((Ph)))) can you indulge in some snuggle time on the sofa with Disney movies and story books and colouring?

My whinge is not pregnancy related but the fucking dog kept me awake all night whingeing about something. I got up to take him our twice, no idea what got into him. I was not very sympathetic at 3am though. And the alarm went off at 5.45 for a day of meetings in London. Yay.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 19 Jan 2015, 10:44

Hugs p_h. I second sofa and TV snuggles. I'm really struggling cos of these bloody headaches and sofa play is getting me through... And boo to London meetings RR. Hope you got some kip on the train on the way in
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby pirate_han » 19 Jan 2015, 13:58

I sucked it up and we went out for lunch as it's free dough ball day at Pizza Express and I had a 40% off voucher. I am exhausted but it broke the day up a bit and we had a lovely time :)

Hugs to you nm, hope your headaches ease soon :( And hugs to RR for the day of meetings :scream
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Violet_Cue » 19 Jan 2015, 23:46

We went to play group today, which was lovely. J is so happy and independent and outgoing that I can sit back and chat. When little bit arrives I can drag him to the same one and depending on the worker either let her cuddle him or wear him while hanging out. There are up to three sessions J can attend (2 with little bit and one without) as well as a couple that I could do with just little bit if I want to. Seems like it will be great to split parenting time and give J something extra. And best of all it is provincially funded and free. :)

Still getting BH, although today I have had some fun pelvic pain. Thinking baby is considering dropping, and things are just stretching out. I know I was low and having ongoing contractions by 34 weeks last time, but it is so long ago that I can't remember if I was similarly uncomfortable. I am so glad I haven't had the same swelling as the last time around.

PH- glad to hear you had a good day - hopefully you can get a good night's sleep to help with the exhaustion, but I know it is hard so late in the game. Same for you RR - hopefully the day wasn't too bad - meetings when tired can be so difficult.
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby RedRum » 20 Jan 2015, 15:55

It wasn't too bad in the end thanks, although could have done without the overrunning 3 hr meeting at the end of the day.... Least I got a seat on the train home! Hope you got some decent rest PH.

I have been having a serious feeding day today. Having been really good lately with logging what I'm eating and trying not to use pregnancy as an excuse to pig out, I have just been HUNGRY today. When that's happened before I seem to have had a bit of a bump growth spurt so I'll be interested to see if I go up in bump size overnight (or just bum size)!
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Violet_Cue » 21 Jan 2015, 00:08

So since we are so far from the hospital and I have been having so many BH I asked to be checked today (32 weeks tomorrow) - luckily everything is closed up tight... so I'm going to sit back and relax unless I lose my plug or something weird and assume little bit is staying where he should be for now. He is also head down and not engaged, so she didn't really expect I would have made any sort of progress (but I expected her to refuse to check, so I'm glad it wasn't any sort of fight.)

I have also gotten the spare base for the car seat, decided my missing woven wrap won't reappear anytime soon (DH thinks it could have been in the car when I wrecked it...) and decided to get another... all the baby stuff is prepped (more or less) and J said it's okay if the baby is born on his birthday (the due dates are only 5 days apart.)

Think I've run out of ways to put off starting my tax return prep... so guess that is the next "decluttering" project...
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby t&n's mummy » 21 Jan 2015, 12:53

Vc I am also trying to avoid tax returns...

Mw appt was cancelled yesterday as there was a rush of babies born overnight so mw was going to be, she is coming on Friday all being well so I should get to hear heartbeat then! Still v uncomfortable at night but waking up less and so generally feeling ok, waiting to hear about my new niece or nephew (due last Saturday) but hasn't arrived yet...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Treeb » 21 Jan 2015, 19:03

We had our anatomy scan today, and ... it's a girl! :D I'd be happy with either but I think it'll take a little while for me to wrap my head around this since I'm so used to having just my little boy. Dh is super excited since he has been hoping for a girl all along. Also saves us having to think up boys names, and we already have a girl's name picked out (though not a middle name yet.)

The scan went well but unfortunately dh and L weren't allowed to come in with me. The hospital has set up a rule of "no kids under 12" allowed into patient areas for all of flu season. We weren't expecting that since he was able to come to my last scan, so I ended up sending dh home with L and told him I'd text when I was done. So, dh was definitely disappointed not to get to come in and see the scan!

Little baby wasn't cooperating at all with the scan, she was moving and wiggling like crazy the whole time. She started off in one awkward position, then flipped herself completely around to another equally awkward position by the end of the scan. And she would move every time they tried to get a measurement. They tried to see her arms, she waved them around. They tried to get a picture of her legs, she was kicking like crazy, going cross-legged, etc. :D Also had her legs crossed when they were trying to tell the gender, but eventually they got a good enough look to be pretty sure it is a girl. (I hope they're not wrong!) I didn't feel most of the movements they were seeing during the scan, but I have been feeling a lot of wiggles recently and definitely more than I felt with L at this stage, so I'm not surprised to find out she is such a wiggler!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby yorkshirepudding » 21 Jan 2015, 19:33

Aw Treeb, how exciting! Shame your dh couldn't see, did you get to take home some pictures?
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 21 Jan 2015, 19:47

Yeah, they gave me two pictures. One is a good profile, the other just looks like an alien. :?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Lily » 23 Jan 2015, 13:21

Yay Treeb!

Treeb wrote:We had our anatomy scan today, and ... it's a girl! :D I'd be happy with either but I think it'll take a little while for me to wrap my head around this since I'm so used to having just my little boy.

This is exactly how I felt after my scan. Starting to get used to the idea now, and I'm sure you'll get there very soon too.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby t&n's mummy » 23 Jan 2015, 13:34

Mw appt this morning was interesting with both children (t had a surprise day off as the school pipes were frozen so there was no water) mw was very kind to them both and let them both help with the monitor, heard heartbeat and mw felt lots of wriggling.

Also I have been contacted by BBC to be part of a programme following pregnancy and birth, eek! Could be interesting...
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby mindy » 23 Jan 2015, 16:22

Wow, loads of exciting news since I last checked in - congratulations Treeb on your baby girl. Girls rock! I'm slowly getting my head round the boy idea, am trying not to be jealous..... And a Bbc documentary T&N? More details please!

Red Rum, how are you feeling about the bump now it's finally appeared? I graduated yesterday, and proudly presented my bump across the stage to collect my MSc certificate - will be nice to tell him he was there in the future, even if it was in my tum!

Hugs and good luck to all who need them x x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby t&n's mummy » 23 Jan 2015, 16:24

Very few details ATM still deciding whether to do it or not, they want to attend a scan and a mw appointment and then the birth...
t&n's mummy

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy