Pregnancy Updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - January

Postby mindy » 16 Jan 2015, 10:21

Sullivan L sounds lovely - you've always got the option of Ivan for a shortened version too... I think boys names are so hard. If our bump has been a girl I'd be going for Clara.
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Fuz-Chan » 16 Jan 2015, 10:26

Sullivan is nice, but I think people might shorten it to Sully, so depends if you like that or not. Boys names are the bane of my life. DH and I have almost nothing we agree on that works in English and Japanese - I'm happy with a Japanese name if it isn't weird or too long or ending in -suke. Currently we are loosely thinking maybe Juro if its a boy.

I am bloody knackered this week. Went back to work after three weeks off and it has nearly killed me. DH had moved back to his hometown to set up a new house for us, I'm moving in June with Aisha (due July!) and on my own in the meantime, while working full time. Fun! Have fed my child cheese on toast, pizza, leftover pasta etc all week for dinner as I just can't cook when I get home. I better get the slow cooker out.

And re: movements - I've felt movements since about 4 weeks - air moving around etc, but now it felt like a baby turning over... I'm very aware this time, although it seems too early to be so.
Fuz-Chan

Postby t&n's mummy » 16 Jan 2015, 10:31

We do what we have to to get by, don't worry about it too much, you have lots on your plate already, I can't imagine how hard that must all be whilst working at the same time. Yes slow cooker is your best friend!

I also felt movements very early on, just no actual kicks yet.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby emzit » 16 Jan 2015, 11:20

Sullivan is lovely and will sound gorgeous combined with R's name! Like a 50s detective agency or ones of those pairs from black and white movies that always starred together and danced a lot.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby A_W » 16 Jan 2015, 11:41

Redrum: we have a Silvan at school and a Donavan(brothers). I like Harrison L in my head. other friends recent boys have been:
Acer
Bertie
Albie
Jago
Tristan

I have some eclectic friends!
H - big school girl - April 08
A - my gorgeous boy - Jan 11
A_W

Postby RedRum » 16 Jan 2015, 12:16

Thanks for the suggestions AW, and glad most of you reacted positively to Sullivan, I was expecting a lot more thumbs down I think. I quite like sully and don't really mind the monsters inc connection, so that's ok. I don't really feel able to choose just one name, but id like to have a shortlist prepared!

Scan today was good, didn't get much of a look at its face but saw perfect hands and feet really clearly which was amazing. Bit of a robotic sonographer who didn't have much of a bed side manner so didn't come away with quite the same warm fuzzy feeling as last time plus DH couldn't come which was a bit of a shame, but hey ho. She couldn't tell the gender as it had it's legs crossed which was probably a good thing, I think I would have caved and found out otherwise.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Lily » 16 Jan 2015, 12:29

Hurray for a good scan, and a cooperative non-gendered baby, RR! I like Levi, and also have a sentimental attachment to Morris as that was my grandfather's name - I think Morry is a really nice shortening. If this one had been a boy he would have been Saul or Solomon, both nice alternatives to Sullivan IMO.

Saw the midwife this morning and bump is measuring small for dates, right on the bottom centile line. I know someone has to be on the lowest centile, and she's moving about lots so midwife assured me there's no reason to worry just yet, but I had already had the feeling everything was a bit small and am now finding it hard not to get a little bit anxious. She was pretty much on the 50th centile at the 20 week scan. MW has asked me to come back at 30 weeks instead of waiting till the regular 32 weeks for my next check-up. BH also still totally relentless - I had one last night that lasted 20 mins, wouldn't stop even when I had a drink, walked around, lay down etc etc. I hope when Iz's eyes settle down after his op I will feel a bit less stressed and they might ease up a bit.

Fuz-Chan my child is living on 'something-on-toast' right now and I'm only working 2 days a week! Don't feel guilty, it's really not worth the headspace. Our k-room fitter has done his back in, so no prospect of me getting a functional k-room any time soon...
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Violet_Cue » 16 Jan 2015, 17:14

BH are driving me batty too, and some of them feel like they are doing something... intermittent is how I keep describing them to DH - there are times they are more or less 5 minutes apart for an hour... but they don't seem like the real thing. Since we are so far from the hospital I am always torn between the pain it is to get checked, and being overly relaxed about them. I'm okay with early - DS was 7lb 3oz at 36 wks... but not too early! I'd like to get past DS's birthday at least.

Luckily I am at home, and DH is as well so he is doing all the heavy stuff and I am doing enough to keep him from feeling he has to do it all. LOL. Hoping by today we have all the nursery stuff sorted (then we can start on some of the other spaces that are a bit of a mess) - all the clothes is washed, swing mostly dragged in, etc. So crazy over prepared so early. (31 weeks) - DH doesn't think I am getting past Jan though, and I don't want to leave it for when I am bigger than I am.

I am very whiny about the fact that I can't find my size 5 wrap... had it at the apartment before we moved back to the house full time and it evidently got packed somewhere out of the way, but I have run out of obvious boxes to look in. :( I wanted to try to soften it more before little man arrives. Right now I am trying to make my gauze cushier and that feels like an impossible task...
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby NorthernKitten » 16 Jan 2015, 18:15

Asking over here as well - anyone due feb/march and wanting the tens? A few of the spring / summer expected are after it, but thought I'd better check if anyone due sooner will be requiring its services... :-)
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby CaelaCoo » 17 Jan 2015, 10:28

On top of heartburn, backache, pelvic pain and BH I had sciatica last night. I cried for ages over it...so painful. It's eased off a little this morning but I'm knackered from not being able to sleep too well because of the pain. Any tips if it comes back...
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby Violet_Cue » 17 Jan 2015, 11:48

CaelaCoo wrote:On top of heartburn, backache, pelvic pain and BH I had sciatica last night. I cried for ages over it...so painful. It's eased off a little this morning but I'm knackered from not being able to sleep too well because of the pain. Any tips if it comes back...

The only thing I have found has helped much is a hot shower and doing hip and lunge type stretches under the hot water. I will put the foot that matches the offending hip up on the rail, with the other on the bottom of the tub and do a little lunge or open my pelvis. It would also help to stretch by bringing my knee towards the opposite shoulder, but there is too much belly for that. :) The last time it took days to ease off - usually I can keep it at bay with massage weekly. (I had a car accident, so I'm there for that anyway.)

I have also read that an exercise roller can be good... you place under the offending hip/ butt cheek and roll it out - your weight helps get rid of the knots. I can see it would... I had one borrowed way back, but opted not to buy one of my own for the price.

---

No tens for me - as lovely as I am sure it will be I think we can skip the oversees shipping :).
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 17 Jan 2015, 12:14

Hugs to all that need them, and yey for good scans :)

I am feeling rather sorry for myself as my headaches are definitely a resurgence of the cluster headaches I used to get. I last had a cluster 5 years ago - I hoped childbearing had seen them off. Alas no... I had 2 last night, one at midnight, another at 2 am. I'm getting no quality sleep. Went to go to get neurology referral yesterday so hopefully that'll be speedy - she could prescribe oxygen therapy which would hopefully offer some relief. But just, bleeuurrgghh. My last cluster lasted a month - I've hot 4 weeks left at work with a shit load to do... Boo, boo, boo
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby yorkshirepudding » 18 Jan 2015, 19:16

Urgh, yucky chesty cough and cold, which I've given to Moo, on top of pregnancy knackeredness and general bleh feeling. We're both awake at night far too much. Although I'm glad I'm now complaining about normal stuff! Mr YP has been amazing though :)

Hugs to everyone in pain from one thing or another (((())))

Interested to hear eveyone's name suggestions, read them out to my OH as he likes an unusual boy's name - Silas, which I am just not keen on, but I keep trying to like it a bit for his sake! It took us ages to decide on Moo's name and I need to have a definite short list before this baby arrives or it will be nameless for ever!

Looking forward to my first community midwife apointment this week, hopefully get some answers about scans. Am I mad to take Moo with me, a fairly compliant just 2 year old? Concerned I won't be able to stop him destroying the room when I'm on the bed but I assume midwives are used to small people in attendance.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby mamapup » 18 Jan 2015, 19:26

I took the puppy with me for one. I held him on the bed at my side while they did fetal checks. Wasn't brilliant but was fine. Only meant I couldn't focus much on the baby as had to focus on the puppy.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby yorkshirepudding » 18 Jan 2015, 19:35

Thanks, they have a mobile on the ceiling above the bed so maybe he will be transfixed!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy