Pregnancy Updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - January

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 30 Jan 2015, 11:30

T&n and Mindy - don't listen to them. Remember how everyone told you how awful 1 was, and then 2? And it was rubbish at times, but it was also wonderful. And you survived and were stronger for it. We'll all be grand, however many we've got. Because you have to be. And in dark days there's this place, and cake and lots of wine! ;)
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby t&n's mummy » 30 Jan 2015, 13:56

Thank you nm2bk in tears now... You are right, I am so looking forward to the summer and I need to think of a phrase to say which basically means shut up and leave me alone... Anyone got one? Or I might just go with that...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby mindy » 30 Jan 2015, 14:20

Ha! That's exactly the phrase I used on the phone to my MIL, just before I hung up! How stupid to say 'you should never have got pregnant' to a tired, hormonal woman in constant back pain. She has since grovelled......
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 30 Jan 2015, 16:14

Really Mindy???!!! Dear god, some people... And yes t&n, I'd go with that. Maybe with a f%&k off added for good measure ;) xx
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby mindy » 30 Jan 2015, 19:22

The most common response is 'ooh, I presume this was an accident?' No, it was 100% planned, so butt out!!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 30 Jan 2015, 23:20

Well, I have literally never felt less attractive. I now have an oxygen cylinder and mask next to my bed (sexy), am so huge I genuinely need help getting up at times and to top it off have the hugest and most uncomfortable piles. I literally haven't been able to sit down tonight... Baby, I love you, but please god get out if me on schedule or I fear we won't be on the best terms...
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby yorkshirepudding » 31 Jan 2015, 19:59

Wow nm, that sounds...awkward! Hope it is helping you though. Don't suppose it can do much for the piles, sigh.

Mindy and t&n, I can't believe how rude people are! Hope you are feeling better now t&n ((())).

I have definitely been feeling wiggles, and today me and Mr YP saw kicks from the outside, yay! Finally got through to the not overly-helpful antenatal clinic and started the ridiculous passing between administrator and midwife and being cut off until I finally got a nice person who booked me an appointment with a consultant to see if they will do extra growth scans. Then I got a letter to confirm the appointment, 2 weeks after they told me it would be! Hey ho, at least I got one.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Violet_Cue » 01 Feb 2015, 01:08

Nearlymum - I know how you feel! Have been off work since December and bumped into a coworker today who exclaimed "wow you're huge!" - that's what I like to hear... I have this awful tendency to have water go down the wrong way at least once a night, and while coughing reaffirm exactly how happy I was my bladder didn't betray me with J, because it certainly has this time. It now stretches my sorest parts to try to put my knees together, which is good because I didn't know you could "sprain" things just by being pregnant...

Somebody posted this on FB today - it made me laugh... perhaps it will help to know these aren't the worst pregnancy moments out there? bethwoolsey.com/2015/01/the-day-i-pooped-my-closet/
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 01 Feb 2015, 17:19

:) thanks vc, good to know I'm not alone. Although commiserations at being here with me... Positive update from me - no headaches last night, woo! I even got a 5 he stretch of sleep before I woke to pee. That's the most I've had in weeks. And we did our last hypnobirthing antenatal session today which was just lovely. Positive Prego day today. Hopefully they'll continue then I can get through this week at work. After this week I can totally kick my mat leave in....
nearlymumtobabyfk

Previous

Return to Pregnancy