Pregnancy updates -December

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates -December

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 22 Dec 2014, 20:01

We found out with Dylan and Isaac, and probably will again, if we can. I'm pretty sure (read: almost certain) The Bean is another boy, but we'll ask them to check anyway :)

The main reason I ask to know the sex is because I'm properly impatient! But I think this time it might be nice for Dylan and Isaac to maybe know what to expect..
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby pirate_han » 22 Dec 2014, 20:08

I found out with B and with this one (a boy) because:

a) I have had hyperemesis during both pregnancies which, for me, has absolutely affected any bond I had with them initially. With this one I felt nothing. For me, finding out the sex has been about building my attachment to them by planning names, clothes etc
b) I'm impatient and like to plan
c) I wanted to prepare B as well as I can
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Treeb » 22 Dec 2014, 21:42

We found out with L, and will again with this one. Similar reasons to the others. 1) I'm impatient. 2) I feel like knowing allows me to better plan and prepare. 3) I think knowing ahead does help me bond more with the lo, and will help make it more real for L this time.

I'm at 16 weeks now and it feels like just the past few days my belly has started to balloon a little. Probably still looks like I ate too much to anyone who doesn't know, but my lower belly is definitely feeling much more firm and puffed out. Felt some definite little movements while lying in bed this morning, but I haven't started feeling them consistently yet.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 22 Dec 2014, 22:46

We haven't found out and didn't with A. For me, I wouldn't buy gendered baby clothes/paraphanalia even if I did know, and so for me it doesn't really affect planning. Plus the surprise was just lovely last time and A has made her peace with the idea it could be either... Also, it prevents grandparents from.buying hoards of hideous gendered stuff too. I dread to think what manner of princess/digger stuff would land in my house if they knew...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby junglewonderland » 23 Dec 2014, 00:51

We haven't found out either time. I love the surprise, such a beautiful moment when bubs comes out and you make the discovery. I also like that I can't name them, imagine them or ascribe any kind of identity to them so when they are born I just meet the baby as themselves without any preconceived ideas, knowing he/she is the perfect baby for our family. (Plus, this time round, I won't ever admit it but I want a girl. But I know when the baby is born I will fall in love with it regardless. If I found out early I would probably be disappointed, and have to put up with other people's stupid comments about the sex).
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby NorthernKitten » 23 Dec 2014, 13:09

Why did no-one warn me that the sickness can COME BACK?? Am hungry, nauseated, exhausted and have heartburn all over again - it's like first trimester! I don't approve!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby Lily » 23 Dec 2014, 13:34

Oh NK you poor thing! Hope it doesn't last long. Any chance it could be pre-labour sickness? Vomiting and/or diarrhoea are very common just before it all starts. Or maybe it's just a bug - there are so many nasty things around at this time of year.

We found out the sex both times. If it was impossible to find out, I wouldn't mind at all - what I don't like is the idea that the sonographer would know anyway, whether or not I asked to find out. It just seems a bit artificial keeping yourself deliberately in the dark. With Izbiz, we literally would have had to look away from the screen for almost the entire scan to avoid seeing. This time, as it's a girl, it wasn't quite so obvious, but I'd still have been pretty self-deluding if I'd watched the scan and pretended not to know. As far as the surprise goes, I think it's pretty surprising having a whole new person arrive in your life; the gender is really the least of it.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby NorthernKitten » 23 Dec 2014, 13:45

Of the three options, lily, I'm not sure which is worse - pregnancy sickness, tummy bug or re labour!! Have taken self off to bed with a hot water bottle whilst munchkin naps. Feel vile. :-(
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby pirate_han » 23 Dec 2014, 14:08

Hope you feel better soon (((NK))).

I had my 34w scan this morning. My placenta hasn't moved and is completely blocking baby's exit. The sonographer tried to be soft with me and said the consultant may scan again in two weeks to see if it had moved, but when I said I had requested an ELCS anyway she gave up pretending that I may not need one and said there was no way I would be having a normal delivery. She said baby shouldn't need to come early but that the consultant would decide that; in the meantime I am to take it easy and if any bleeding/labour starts I need to call an ambulance immediately and be rushed in for an EMCS. Glad I didn't have my heart set on a vbac now!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby pimento » 23 Dec 2014, 14:10

pirate_han wrote:Hope you feel better soon (((NK))).

I had my 34w scan this morning. My placenta hasn't moved and is completely blocking baby's exit. The sonographer tried to be soft with me and said the consultant may scan again in two weeks to see if it had moved, but when I said I had requested an ELCS anyway she gave up pretending that I may not need one and said there was no way I would be having a normal delivery. She said baby shouldn't need to come early but that the consultant would decide that; in the meantime I am to take it easy and if any bleeding/labour starts I need to call an ambulance immediately and be rushed in for an EMCS. Glad I didn't have my heart set on a vbac now!

Wow! Put your feet up and relax- sonographer's orders! (((ph)))
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby t&n's mummy » 23 Dec 2014, 14:59

Hope you are feeling better soon nk and ph put your feet up!

I am getting completely out of breath and exhausted just doing simple jobs... This will wear off won't it?
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby NorthernKitten » 23 Dec 2014, 17:09

(((((Ph))))

) (((((t&n))))) fingers crossed for feeling more energetic soon...

Feel a bit better - woke up and tidied downstairs (but pretty sure I'm not nesting, jut tidying!). Still feel uncomfy and 'off it', but have had chicken soup and toast, and both seem to be settling. Just having a lot of water and juice in case dehydration making cramps worse.

Am quite achy and Braxton hicks-y, but DH is convinced it's just exhaustion and nothing more imminent. My backache night suggest otherwise, but here's hoping he's right!
NorthernKitten

Postby t&n's mummy » 23 Dec 2014, 17:45

Ooo nk might be something.... Glad you are feeling better, hoping things settle if you want it that way, keep us posted.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 23 Dec 2014, 21:43

Keep us posted nk, hope you get some rest.

...I am sooooooo tired. If I will it hard enough, do you think the presents will magically wrap themselves? I don't think I can move from the sofa....
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Violet_Cue » 24 Dec 2014, 00:22

We found out with this one, but not with J - we wanted to prep J, I wanted to know if I could start dumping boy stuff or still putting away all J's things, and by the time I had J if he was anything other than a boy I would have been shocked... so since I was pretty sure boy again from the start I wanted to know if I should change my expectation earlier rather than later (it is another boy.)

Remembering that last time around it was Christmas that my swelling started and never went away... so a little worried it will happen again (not bp related, it was just because) - going to remember to stay off my feet as much a possible. :)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy