Pregnancy updates -December

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates -December

Postby t&n's mummy » 16 Dec 2014, 10:01

Here too with the insomnia, turning over from being uncomfortable, dh snoring, n wanting to go pee, t itching.... One of the other mums at nursery is also expecting at the same time as me so pleased to have a rl friend in it too, also third. Too much to do though...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 16 Dec 2014, 17:31

Well I had a lovely midwife app today - finally got a consistent community midwife and she is just fab. Baby all good; lovely to hear a good strong heartbeat. GTT all clear but full blood count revealed massive iron deficiency so supplements for me. Maybe they'll give me some magic energy - here's hoping...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby NorthernKitten » 18 Dec 2014, 22:22

Routine midwife app (usually in and out in 5 minutes) turned into trip to pregnancy assessment unit, an hour on a monitor and blood pressure checks every ten minutes... Apparently bp is very high. I'd be surprised if it weren't, given how little I've slept over the last few weeks (insomnia, heartburn, then poorly toddler); the stress at work; in laws moving today; and did I mention the poorly toddler??

She seemed surprised when it came down a bit after lying on the bed dozing and listening to LO's heartbeat. I wasn't!!

Turns out LO is 3/5 palpable (I knew they'd dropped!) and the 'trapped wind' I've had the last few nights have actually been contractions. Apparently it's 'probable' I'm having stop/start labour... Or I could still have weeks left. No-one knows. But bump is small for dates, so growth scan tomorrow too.

And it's munchkin's birthday tomorrow. And instead of picking her up early from nursery, we're off for more scans, and more bp checks. *sigh*

Hope everyone else's bump is behaving better than mine!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby pirate_han » 19 Dec 2014, 06:55

(((NK))) That sounds stressful. Hope all is well. Happy Birthday Munchkin!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 19 Dec 2014, 10:12

(((Nk))) hope you manage some semblance of a nice day...

I'm.just here to moan. Spent mist of yesterday morning crying with exhaustion (and likely some manner of hormone surge), went for pretty intense meeting with 30 refugees who spoke 4 different languages and pretty much melted my brain, got called out of that to collect very poorly A from nursery, spent hours in emergency docs, awake all night with night terrors, back to wanting to cry with exhaustion... I guess it's all good prep for when there's 2 eh..??
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby pirate_han » 19 Dec 2014, 11:43

(((nm))) I prescribe hot chocolate and cake. Get yourself to Costa!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby yorkshirepudding » 19 Dec 2014, 12:31

((hugs)) to nm and nk.

Dating scan today, there was a baby in there! Moo didn't seem to impressed, although he liked looking at other people's scans on you tube in preparation. So, date to add to the roll call - 5th July :)
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Lily » 19 Dec 2014, 14:32

Will do yp!

((())) to those who need them.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby t&n's mummy » 19 Dec 2014, 17:24

Yikes guys (((()))) to all who need them.

T and I were back at hospital today as his eczema is infected again :( home now and DH is driving all over SE London trying to find the meds... I am exhausted, I just want to cry, good job no one is checking my bp too.
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 19 Dec 2014, 17:30

Yay for good scans yp...

Boo to exhaustion and general motherly life t&nm ((( )))
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby NorthernKitten » 19 Dec 2014, 21:32

All good here, thankfully!

(Well, apart from huge row with my mother, but that's another matter).

And have broken up, so time to enjoy two weeks paid holiday before starting mat leave.

((((Nm)))) - sounds rough. Try to get a rest... (I know, easier said than done...)

((((T&n)))) , too!

(((()))) to anyone else who could do with one!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby junglewonderland » 20 Dec 2014, 13:54

Glad to hear you are ok nk. How are your sick kids t+n and nm? I feel like crying for you. I usually have a little cry when Koala has a shorter nap in the day than I expect, I hope you can get some rest soon.

8 weeks to go. I had a scan yesterday, all good, little baby is so cute, I can't wait to meet it. I am channeling my fear of having two to deal with into researching and buying every toy I think will keep Koala occupied when the baby is here. He has almost zero ability to play independently so I'm a bit worried. I drove across the city to buy the last peppa pig holiday play set in the state the other day, convinced that would buy me a few hours when the baby is here.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby t&n's mummy » 20 Dec 2014, 19:19

Hope the toys help jw! I found when n was small, places like soft play are fab, we spent loads of time in the local one.

T is much better after a day on meds, he hates taking them but is being so good. I am getting lots of hugs, I feel so guilty about it all though.
t&n's mummy

Postby Violet_Cue » 22 Dec 2014, 14:45

Enjoying leave so far, can't imagine how stressed I would have been still at work at this point. Little bit is wiggling and kicking up a storm, seems to have gone into a better position - will likely have better confirmation once I have my ob appointment Jan 6 (30wks.) DH who has always only ever said we would have two has been entertaining the possibility of number 3 (when his plan was to get snipped once baby was here and happy/ healthy/ etc.) So it is interesting to think this may or may not be the last... (not that we'll be deciding for a year or two...)

Hope all stays well NK - here it's a school cutoff to have Dec vs Jan, not that it would be a huge deal but I always think of that around New Years for Dec/ Jan mums. :)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby t&n's mummy » 22 Dec 2014, 19:46

Is anyone finding out what they have/have you already? Would you mind sharing your reasons either way? I am feeling like it might be nice to this time, we had two surprises, it doesn't matter either way but I guess this is all linked to my names issues...

I seem to have pulled a rib muscle whilst sneezing, really uncomfortable, gah.
t&n's mummy

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy