Pregnancy updates -December

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates -December

Postby Lily » 30 Dec 2014, 19:00

(((NK))) hope it all settles down for you soon, it must be really difficult continually dealing with one thing after another.

(((yp))) hope you get some clarity once you've talked to the midwife.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby pimento » 30 Dec 2014, 19:23

(((NK)))) and (((yp)))
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby junglewonderland » 31 Dec 2014, 05:05

(((NK))) and (((yp))).

Had midwife appt yesterday- head engaged, ready to go. So not likely to be breech, phew. Still 6 weeks to go though!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby NorthernKitten » 31 Dec 2014, 08:44

All good here - should be letting me out tonight. Registrar reckons early stop-start labour - allowed to go home on promise of good behaviour. :-)
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby yorkshirepudding » 31 Dec 2014, 09:25

NK - glad you're heading home soon.

Thanks everyone. Seems I was mistaken from my first talk with the midwife - my blood levels are completely typical of a Down syndrome diagnosis, with one of them being extremely high. No idea what we're going to do. Started thinking about the impact it could have on Moo.

Going to wait until next week to try and do some more thinking then speak to the midwife again. Think I'm heading in the direction of some kind of testing.

Hard to tell people about the baby now, we've told some friends already, going to a NY party this afternoon where it will probably come out but then do I say, I'm pregnant, but... Not how a baby deserves to be spoken about, but how I feel at the moment.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby NorthernKitten » 31 Dec 2014, 09:46

Oh yp, can't offer anything but hugs, so have lots. (((((((())))))))

Has the mw put you in the direction of any support groups or info services? Can you request some if not?
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby pirate_han » 31 Dec 2014, 09:48

(((yp))) Thinking of you, what tough news to take in. Be kind to yourself; you know what is best for your family. I would want testing, too.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby t&n's mummy » 01 Jan 2015, 10:05

Oh (((yp))) there is a test currently being trialled by kings called the harmony test, it is a blood test, bloods sent of to America for analysis, it identifies 98/99% of those with downs/other trisomy defects and is far more accurate than the nt test. Might be worth finding out if you can try it.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby yorkshirepudding » 01 Jan 2015, 13:01

Thank you so much everyone, I love the forum. I've told my best friend, which has made things easier. Thanks t&n's mummy, I had been looking into the harmony test, and it's actually going to be available locally from this month. I had been thinking the fact that it's not 100% definite would make it hard to accept even a positive answer if we got it, but at the moment I'm leaning towards having this before we decide on amnio, because of the fear of miscarriage.

I've been reading some old forum threads too which have been helpful in that they echo exactly what I'm feeling and thinking. Glad I've got Moo to make me laugh and keep me busy.

Hope everyone else is having a smooth start to 2015 :)
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby t&n's mummy » 01 Jan 2015, 13:20

Yp glad to hear you sounding more positive, it must be difficult, have you spoken with your mw about it?
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby treek » 01 Jan 2015, 14:41

((yp)) we had a similar decision to make after the 20 week scan showed a few unexpected things. In the end we decided against any further testing as the risk of downs etc was lower than the risk of mc from amnio. Having said all that I'd already decided I'd have harmony or nifty blood tests done rather than/before amnio if we did go down that road...
Hope talking to the midwife helps you come to a decision x
treek

Previous

Return to Pregnancy