LilyPadz or other reuseable breast pads?

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

LilyPadz or other reuseable breast pads?

Postby RedRum » 30 Nov 2014, 09:58

Am looking for reuseable breast pads (omptimistically hoping I will do better with fb this time round!) and wondered if anyone had tried these or had any other recommendations. Am reluctant to use disposable ones as I'm sure over time would work out v expensive, plus obviously not very green. Any tips, the Nappy Nappy lady has some washable ones too but they get very mixed reviews.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Re: LilyPadz or other reuseable breast pads?

Postby FestiveTidings » 30 Nov 2014, 10:38

I got some reusable ones from Boots and Asda and they've been great.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby catkin » 30 Nov 2014, 12:27

Little Lamb bamboo ones were great for me. Haven't tried the lilypadz ones, I wouldn't like having silicone next to my skin.
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 30 Nov 2014, 12:53

I tried lilypadz and washable.
I didn't really like either of them. The lilypadz never quite adhered right. Either that or I leaked enough to pop them off. Plus, I never could figure out what to do with them when I was feeding out and about. I never could find the case when I needed it.
And the washable ones just bunched up and got lost more often than not.
Once my milk settled down I really didn't need any. A month or two at most. With an emergency stash for when I was wearing something nice or going somewhere posh. So, hardly ever.
I'd get disposable ones to start out with and see how you get on. Your supply may settle fairly quick and your let down may not be that strong.
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby mamapup » 30 Nov 2014, 15:45

Little lamb bamboo here too. No nasty adhesive to stick to your nipples. They do sometimes get bunched up but it doesn't matter much.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby difdif » 30 Nov 2014, 19:40

I used Lily Padz. Were great for a few months down the line when supply wasn't quite so high (as they did come off if leaking lots). I mostly used them when out and not needing to feed (so short trips really) as also had the scare of losing them.. I used disposable for night time as they were most comfortable for me but know others are way more eco friendly!
The wee Scotsmen F Sep 08 and C Jan 11
difdif

Postby sparkling » 30 Nov 2014, 20:05

First time round I tried some washable ones and just leaked through them so stuck to disposables. With DD2 I needed the disposables for the first few weeks then discovered the little lamb ones which I really liked. They have a PUL layer inside and bamboo outside. And I used them for a year or so, although only needed frequent changing in first few months...
sparkling

Postby RedRum » 30 Nov 2014, 22:11

Thanks all - will maybe invest in some sposies then for the early days before my supply calms down, and then try the little lambs. The main negative in the reviews seems to be that they shed lots of fluff, anyone experienced that or does pre washing sort it? I particularly like the idea they come in black, pretty much everything I wear is black.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Brigitte » 01 Dec 2014, 06:25

I swear by the Bamboobies brand, they are soft velour on your skin and have a PUL lining so they don't leak through. (Although if you completely saturate the entire thing, I suppose they'd start leaking out the bottom eventually.) They have two different thicknesses to choose from.

I used Lilypadz only for those times when I wanted to go braless under a special outfit. I certainly wouldn't use them on a daily basis.
I love my kiddos! Two April girls (2011 and 2013) and a May boy (2016). I guess we have spring babies in this family.
Brigitte

Postby catkin » 01 Dec 2014, 07:39

RedRum wrote:Thanks all - will maybe invest in some sposies then for the early days before my supply calms down, and then try the little lambs. The main negative in the reviews seems to be that they shed lots of fluff, anyone experienced that or does pre washing sort it? I particularly like the idea they come in black, pretty much everything I wear is black.

No fluff shedding at all here :)
catkin

Postby mamapup » 01 Dec 2014, 07:45

I have white ones..No fluff. A friend with black has fluff.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby catkin » 01 Dec 2014, 07:52

I had some of each colour.
catkin

Return to Pregnancy