Pregnancy Updates - November

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - November

Postby pirate_han » 15 Nov 2014, 09:39

I realise all these problems are ridiculous in the grand scheme of things but please indulge me while I have a moan as I am feeling very fed up :(

I am sick of being pregnant.
I am so very, very tired of vomming.
I have to go to the dentist this morning to assess HG damage to my teeth; if I get through it without puking on him I'll be lucky.
It has taken me about ten minutes and lots of huffing and puffing to shave my legs in the shower this morning which means it won't be long before I can't even put my own damn shoes on.
I have a feeling Eamon Holmes is going into the jungle. I'm A Celeb = RUINED.
All I really want to do today is a spot of Christmas shopping and have a hot chocolate in Costa in a snowman cup, but I can't because I needed a new tyre this week and the cat needed his bloody teeth removing (£320!!) so I am completely broke.
My mum is guilt tripping me because I have made plans to see her for two days over Christmas and she demanded that we go on Boxing Day too; I said no because DH only has a week off, we have to see his family and my dad too, and I will be 35 weeks pregnant and cannot be arsed driving over there three times in a week. She is throwing a strop. Go ahead mother.

Thanks for listening!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby junglewonderland » 15 Nov 2014, 11:36

Moan away ph! That's what we are here for. We have to smile and be all positive with the real world, here you can say it like it is and get mucho sympathy. That sucks that you and cat are not having good teeth times.
I got up to my child four times last night (got up to pee twice too, but that's beside the point). Tell me how I am going to survive another child on top of this? And before you ask, no, DH won't get up to Koala. Even if I did manage to talk him into it, I could have got up and dealt with Koala and been back in bed before he even heard him.

On the plus side, I think we have names sorted. Sweet relief!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby NorthernKitten » 16 Nov 2014, 19:25

When your nearly two year old looks at your 7 month pregnant bump, strokes it and says hopefully 'elephant?' You're not going to feel good!!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby RedRum » 16 Nov 2014, 20:06

Oh NK! I did giggle a bit....

((((PH)))) moan away.

So I have definitely cemented my spot as the mental/crunchy/irresponsible one out of my pg SIL and me... Her face when I told her that we have gladtonbury tickets for when the baby will be at the youngest 4 weeks old was a picture. It's almost worth it just for the looks on peoples faces. Am I being mental that I really think it'll be fine? I mean, we're gonna be in a camper with a fridge and a stove and a sink and a comfy bed, with a bf infant who will spend most of the time strapped to my chest. I actually don't think it's that big of a deal....
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Kanga » 16 Nov 2014, 20:38

Easier to take a tiny bf baby than a flight risk toddler I reckon! As long as you're ok from the delivery I'm sure you'll be fine. Like you said, I'd do it just for people's reactions!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby mindy » 16 Nov 2014, 21:00

It's also very different second time round, you don't have the fear of the newborn. You may as well have sleepless nights at Glastonbury surrounded by exciting things and interesting people, as stuck at home feeling post-natal! V jealous - apart from the fact I may well be actually giving birth that very weekend - I know people choose to do that at Glasto but I think I'd feel safer at home....... Will have to party vicariously through you, RR!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby ToothFairy » 16 Nov 2014, 22:50

RR, Elsie went to Glastonbury at 7 weeks. She was soooo easy, but it was very very hot. I spent a lot of time in the NCT tent in the Kidz Field. Make sure you get some ear defenders for baby. Have a fab time!!
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby RedRum » 17 Nov 2014, 06:21

TF - where did you find yours?! The only ones I've found are 6 months plus and do look like they'd be enormous on a newborn. 4/5 weeks is worst case scenario, and only if it's as late as R was, if it's on time it'll be more like 6/7 weeks.
RedRum

Postby ToothFairy » 17 Nov 2014, 06:46

We used the Peltor Kids ones. They were enormous, but did the job. There are some pics on my FB, I'll try to find one and tag you in it.
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby RedRum » 17 Nov 2014, 06:53

Awesome, will look them up. I was about to say don't tag me as we've not 'announced' on fb, but you are obviously a jedi as you've shared just with me :D
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 17 Nov 2014, 19:50

I'm at 11 weeks now. Almost done with the first trimester, but still feeling as exhausted as ever and nausea seems to be getting a bit worse rather than improving. Still no vomiting though which I am very grateful for! Need to get back into the habit of exercising at least a little, but I don't know where I will find the energy!

L is still being absolutely adorable, making comments about the baby in mommy's tummy, and giving my tummy lots of kisses and snuggles. Today I turned on some music and he said "baby like that music", and yesterday he was having both me and dh lie down on the floor while he rubbed toys across our bellies to give us an ultrasound. :D
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby NorthernKitten » 18 Nov 2014, 22:18

Oh my, this feels real.

Mother had been staying for a week, and now baby's clothes (well, the unisex ones) are all washed and ironed and in drawers.

Baby's hospital bag is packed. Mine is half packed (need pjs and more pants).

Oh boy...
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby treek » 18 Nov 2014, 23:05

NK you're more organised than me! I *must* sort my hospital bag! Technically full term now, so really need to pull my head out of the sand :?
treek

Postby pirate_han » 19 Nov 2014, 10:56

Wow NK!

Eating mozzarella sticks at 10:45am is good for the baby, right? I'm telling myself it's fine as I'm making up for not eating for the first five months and I'll probably throw them up anyway! :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby RedRum » 19 Nov 2014, 11:10

Totally, lots of good protein and calcium ;)
RedRum

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy