Pregnancy Updates - November

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - November

Postby t&n's mummy » 01 Dec 2014, 18:27

Thanks, it went really well except for the part when I nearly fainted as they couldn't find a vein :mona but my mw is lovely and reassured me about the things I asked, really pleased. Hoping scan next week is fine and they find veins easier!

PH so sorry you are still having sickness, pink hair sounds fun!
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby mindy » 04 Dec 2014, 08:48

Private nuchal scan today. Last time I had one, it was so exciting seeing the baby, then they told us she was very high risk and we had the upset of a cvs. It was all ok but so traumatic. Am so nervous this time now, just want today over and done with.
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 04 Dec 2014, 09:17

Hope all goes ok mindy x
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 04 Dec 2014, 09:26

Fingers crossed for straightforward and happy scan today mindy.

My bump seems to have grown overnight... Feeling a lot more energetic in the morning now but still super tired in the evenings, hoping this means that second trimester is full of energy!
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Postby RedRum » 04 Dec 2014, 09:35

t&n's mummy wrote:My bump seems to have grown overnight... Feeling a lot more energetic in the morning now but still super tired in the evenings, hoping this means that second trimester is full of energy!

Glad you're feeling more energetic T&NM, it's such a relief isn't it!

I saw a friend on Sunday who's due the day before me, and she has a proper bump, left me feeling a bit inadequate, which I know is daft :? Mine is there, but tbh it just looks like I've let myself go a bit! I find myself wanting to tell everyone that I'm actually 4 months gone, not just chubby! Been feeling lots of squirming which is lovely, although the hip pain has started too which is less fun...
RedRum

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 04 Dec 2014, 11:10

Great to hear you're doing well p_h - although I can't imagine still being sick at this point! I hope the blog was healing for you in some way. Fingers crossed for 23rd...

This baby is lying so, so low. I am constantly being kicked and scraped on my cervix. It's less than pleasant I must say. He/she is sooo active, and I am so big. I'm only 25 weeks - lord knows how I'm going to be by the end! I've also been having weird sensations, as if when the baby is turning its pressing on a blood vessel or something which makes me have a weird 'rush'. Anyone else had this?

Am just carrying so differently this time - who knew it could be so very different!

Hope everyone else is well. RR - enjoy the little bump whike it lasts lovely. I am really not loving the epic manouver that is turning over in bed! ;)
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby pirate_han » 04 Dec 2014, 13:46

I get that sensation you describe nm but only when I'm lying on my back. I had to have my last scan lying on my side because I was too dizzy on my back. I am usually a stomach sleeper and it is killing me only being able to lie down on my left side!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby RedRum » 04 Dec 2014, 13:53

pirate_han wrote:I get that sensation you describe nm but only when I'm lying on my back. I had to have my last scan lying on my side because I was too dizzy on my back. I am usually a stomach sleeper and it is killing me only being able to lie down on my left side!

Yes lying on my back makes me feel very strange.
RedRum

Postby mindy » 04 Dec 2014, 14:32

Terrible, draining morning. I was scanned for nearly 2 hours, and told they couldn't get two of the measurements but my risk was extremely high, 1 in 6. She gave me a break to compose myself and give me information about our options before finishing the scan. Then further 45 mins of scanning including an internal scan, to then be told in a round about way that they had forgotten to tick some of the markers the first time they calculated, and actually I am low risk, but my bloods are still abnormal. By then we were both absolute wrecks. We have now opted for a hugely expensive blood test which has to be processed in the States but will rule out 99.9% of chromosomal disorders without the risk of miscarriage associated with cvs or amnio. Cue 2 week wait - and no holiday next year! There is nothing more important to spend your savings on than your children's health.
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 04 Dec 2014, 15:10

Forgot why I came in here. DH volunteered his first girls name last night... Elsa. I felt so bad vetoing as it's actually a lovely name, but I just don't think I could do it. He hasn't seen Frozen so had no idea, bless him. My current favourite girls name is Ada, but he thinks it's a bit granny-ish.

Boys names are harder, because there are lots I like but none I love at the moment.

X posted with Mindy. (((((((mindy))))))) So sorry you've been through the wringer, and I really hope the test results are reassuring xx
RedRum

Postby pirate_han » 04 Dec 2014, 15:13

((((mindy and mr mindy)))) Fingers and toes crossed all is well x

I love Ada, it's beautiful. I think Elsa is fine too though really, although I am biased as I have a Belle :D
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby t&n's mummy » 04 Dec 2014, 15:35

(((Mindy))) have been thinking of you all day and was really hoping for a good news post, I hope you can have a calm 2 weeks, do you have anything to take your mind off it all?

I am also in a name panic, my pg app has deleted all of the names I had selected for my shortlist and both my sisters are expecting before me (both took names from our shortlist, not knowingly, for their first children) so worrying my faves are going to be gone by the time this baby needs one... Might have to start a name thread.
t&n's mummy

Postby RedRum » 04 Dec 2014, 15:47

BIL and SIL are due a week after us, and have already bagsied the two 'family' boys names (Charlie Eden) which I'm a little irritated by, would have liked a shot at one of them at least!
RedRum

Postby t&n's mummy » 04 Dec 2014, 16:10

Oh no rr, surely the first child born gets the name, that is a bit cheeky to Bagsie it, if you are first and you want it...
t&n's mummy

Postby RedRum » 04 Dec 2014, 16:33

Don't reeeally want Charlie (it's more that I think they're a bit cheeky to bagsie it as we had discussed it ourselves and then they nabbed it!) but do like Eden. Might end up going for it anyway, as it is both FIL and BIL's middle name. Other middle name option is Jarvis which was my dad's middle name.
RedRum

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy