Pregnancy Updates - November

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy Updates - November

Postby RedRum » 04 Nov 2014, 11:37

Not sure how it's happened, but it does appear to be November already....

I have my 12 week scan on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it and terrified in equal measure. All the reassurance of seeing the heartbeat at 8 weeks has worn off, and I'm desperate to see a healthy baby. My sickness and exhaustion has eased off so much, and even my boobs are less swollen and tender, so I'm convincing myself of all sorts of things. I dreamt last that I was bleeding and woke up devastated. I'll be so relieved when I start feeling some movement.

How's everyone else doing?
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Re: Pregnancy Updates - November

Postby NorthernKitten » 04 Nov 2014, 15:05

yeay for impending scans - especially as you've already seen the heartbeat. Fingers crossed all goes well! NB - happier boobs and sickies can be a good sign too, try not to worry (I know, easier said than done).

We're feeling fat and exhausted here, although DH has finally realised quite how much I'm suffering and is suggesting warm baths and early nights like he used to when I was pregnant with munchkin. He's also being a lot better about getting up with munchkin on a morning, to give me a little more rest, and taking a more active parenting role with her, so yeay for that too!

Mega sore and achy bump, and had a horrible scare at the weekend when I just couldn't stop hurting and cramping and was beginning to worry about pre-term labour, especially as none of the usual tricks seemed to work. But then I had a three hour bath, and a sofa day, and didn't pick munchkin up at all, and things eased off. So must have overdone it. I had bad BH with munchkin from about this stage, too, but had forgotten how painful they can be. Has made me eye up second hand TENS machines on ebay (as we ordered the last one to arrive a month before munchkin's due date - and she came three days later. Mum had to bring the damned thing to hospital when I'd been labouring 5 hours without it!).

The big blue bouncy ball has come out again, much to the cat's disgust and munchkin's amazement; the nursery is ready; new cot mattress etc ordered; and I've started sorting out mini person clothes and towels and stuff. Even the nappy shelf is stocked and the hospital bag selected, if not yet filled. Freezer is in the process of being emptied, ready to refill with lots of lovely casseroles and things in about a month's time, when I start preparing practical things in earnest. I will NOT be caught unawares again! I will NOT! Last time was a nightmare!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby Treeb » 04 Nov 2014, 18:46

Good luck with your scan RR!

NK, that's great that your dh is stepping up and taking care of you more. Glad the crampy scare has passed with rest. You sound so organized! I hardly made any food ahead of time last time. We'll see if I manage to this time.

I'm starting to think that I haven't been very good about eating enough. I've only had mild (but fairly constant) nausea, and no vomiting, but I've lost 1.5 lbs since getting pregnant. I just seem to have no appetite. Nothing appeals to me to eat (which makes cooking hard too because I just don't care about food right now and don't want to plan meals and such). And when I do eat I'm only eating enough to take the edge off the hunger, I never seem to want seconds and sometimes don't even want a full portion at meals. Trying to fit in more healthy snacking during the day but most of the time I forget to eat things or just nothing sounds good so I don't eat. I'm a bit over weight to start with anyway, so I know it's probably not a real problem that I've lost a bit of weight, but I do hope I start getting my appetite back soon!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby pirate_han » 04 Nov 2014, 19:23

Treeb - try not to worry. I lost a stone or so due to HG in the first trimester, this time and last time, and baby is fine. They take what they need :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Treeb » 04 Nov 2014, 20:50

Thanks pH. I'm not super worried about it, but it just seems weird to me since last time I was eating constantly and started gaining weight pretty much right away! Also wondering if I would have a bit more energy if I were getting more food in, but that's probably just wishful thinking!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby emzit » 05 Nov 2014, 00:32

NK, I think kanga had the forum tens machine. Might be worth a pm to see if she can pass it on when she's got time?
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Kanga » 05 Nov 2014, 00:48

Hello! Yes I do have the tens machine. Didn't even have enough time to remember I had it let alone use it with ds2! If you want it nk, pm me your address :)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby NorthernKitten » 05 Nov 2014, 06:40

That would be ace - no-one else due before me, is there? (Without checking, isn't ph around the same time?)
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby pirate_han » 05 Nov 2014, 07:36

Thanks NK but mine is planned c section :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Riotproof » 05 Nov 2014, 08:58

It looks like I'll be able to justify some shopping.. It's a girl! She does have a little cyst in her lower abdomen, but they can't see what it's connected to. It's something that will need to be monitored for growth, but they didn't seem overly concerned. It seems unlikely to be attached to the digestional system, more likely her ovary. So, just need to see what my ob says about that, next week.

It's getting so hard to contain the excitement now.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby emzit » 05 Nov 2014, 09:12

A girl, congrats RP! Hope you're getting on ok.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Kanga » 05 Nov 2014, 09:18

Yay Rp, how exciting?! Enjoy the shopping :)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby pirate_han » 05 Nov 2014, 10:03

Congrats RP :D
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby NorthernKitten » 05 Nov 2014, 20:55

Yeay rp! Go spend those pennies!

And cheers, ph... What date section?
NorthernKitten

Postby pirate_han » 05 Nov 2014, 21:01

I get the date at 36 weeks. It'll be the last week in January all being well.

Feeling chuffed as I scored a free 4D scan today. My local private clinic is training someone used to NHS 2D to use 4D and offering complimentary scans to do this, so I booked one. I'll be 30 weeks, it will be nice for B to see it as it will look like an actual baby this time!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Next

Return to Pregnancy