Homebirth and older sibling

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Homebirth and older sibling

Postby emzit » 03 Nov 2014, 10:26

I'm a pretty firm believer in the second and subsequent children coming when the older ones are settled, wherever that may be. We had my mum staying here to take care of muncher but in the end I went into labour around the time he went off to childcare for the day. Dropped him off with DH, went home for a couple of hours and then to the hospital, so time from drop off to squish being born was less than four hours.

I'd told DH all through my pregnancy that squish qould come when muncher was at childcare and he didn't believe me. It was exactly as I'd predicated - DH could fetch him and bring him to the hospital in the afternoon and they went home for tea and bed as usual.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Re: Homebirth and older sibling

Postby monster » 04 Nov 2014, 09:56

We weren't sure whether DS1 would cope - he's quite sensitive and thought we'd play it by ear, calling my mum if needed. As it turned out I went into labour after he went to bed and he slept through the whole thing.

With number 3, I thought it was likely to be busier with two, but I knew I wanted them around. I went into labour in the morning and my mum came over and kept them busy in the spare room/playroom - down the hallway from where we were. DD stayed around me keeping me entertained until things got too intense, while DS1 popped in and out to show me things, but didn't want to hang around. I called them all in just in time to see DS2 being born. It was so similar to DD's birth (same pool, same place) yet so different - daytime and our little family all around - I loved having them there.
my lovely little monster - October 2007
a mini monster - August 2010
and a little beasty - June 2013
monster

Previous

Return to Pregnancy