Pregnancy updates - October

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - October

Postby mindy » 28 Oct 2014, 22:39

NK, you are entitled to feel a bit low, and make the most of every opportunity of a bit of being looked after. Rest assured,when you are in labour you just won't care and probably won't even notice the annoyingness!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby NorthernKitten » 29 Oct 2014, 07:38

mindy wrote:. Rest assured,when you are in labour you just won't care and probably won't even notice the annoyingness!

I hope so! Feel bad for being a whinge bucket when baby looks healthy and it's just normal pregnancy rubbish... But pregnancy can be a but rubbish, can't it?? ;-)
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 29 Oct 2014, 08:00

Oh hugs to you NK. Yes, pregnancy definitely is a bit rubbish, much more so second time round i've found. Can you station the in-laws upstairs? And you never know you might labour during the day and they'll be able to take muncher out
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Lily » 30 Oct 2014, 18:32

Hope you find the right solution NK; you have my total sympathy. I've no idea how we're going to deal with the childcare issue - family all too far away, and no close friends nearby either, as we've only just moved to the area - but the one thing I'm sure about is that I won't have anyone staying in the house beforehand. Guests, however helpful they try to be, are just not what you need in the closing stages of pregnancy.

I saw the consultant today to talk about PPH. I lost a lot of blood last time so am at risk again. It wasn't clear what caused it last time, so nothing very specific we can do this time round, but the plan is for me to have a cannula in place in advance so it will be quick and easy if I need a synto drip/fluids/blood transfusion postpartum. Not much fun contemplating it, but better than going into it blind.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby pirate_han » 30 Oct 2014, 18:50

Glad they are planning well for you Lily.

I got The Rage again today. I walked past Debenhams cafe and they had a big poster up with a picture of a Christmas dinner on advertising Christmas turkey carvery and hot baguettes. I have wanted one for days so was thrilled even though I know I will regret it! I went in and asked for a turkey baguette, the man said 'sorry, we've just got pork'. Pork?? I want turkey! I very nearly said 'well why do you have posters up advertising turkey?' but realised just in time how ridiculous I would sound and settled for stalking off in a huff instead :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 30 Oct 2014, 19:19

Haha p_h! I've got ridiculous work rage. I mean, there are many cretins in my organisation, who spend money on ridiculous things, but normally I can just breathe and let it ride. Not at the moment, no chance. I don't think I have ever sworn so much at my emails as I have this week...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Treeb » 30 Oct 2014, 20:26

I'm already stating to panic about who will watch L when it's time for us to go into the hospital, and I don't need to worry about it until June! My parents are 2 hours away and they're the closest family to us. Both work and can't easily get off on short notice so could only really come on a weekend. Dh and I are also total hermits and don't really have close friends we can ask. :? I know there is lots of time to work it out, but I can't stop worrying about it.

On a happier note, it seems L has been quietly processing the fact of my pregnancy since the ultrasound on Tuesday. Yesterday we were snuggled up on the couch and he pointed out a spot near me and said "Special spot for baby. Waiting for baby come." And then a bit later "Baby be L's friend?" So I explained that yes, the baby would definitely be his friend but that we still have a very long time to wait before the baby will be here. Then in the evening we were lying on the bed shining a flashlight on the ceiling and he started putting it on my belly saying "Checking Mommy tummy for baby" like he was doing an ultrasound on me. :D
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Kanga » 30 Oct 2014, 20:31

Aww treeb, L sounds adorable!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Treeb » 03 Nov 2014, 01:45

Feeling absolutely awful all day today. Not sure if it is the pregnancy hormones or something else going on! I've been tired and napping every day but this morning was about six times worse and I could barely keep my eyes open or function all morning. Napped for about two hours while L was napping and felt almost human again afterwards. But then dh decided to do a huge cooking project plus take the time to wash up all the dishes (which I do appreciate!) He was in the k-room working for almost 3 hours, I had an awful headache and was trying to find a way to both lay down in the dark and keep L happy and busy. Dh knew I want feeling well and at one point he came over to ask how I was doing and I just bust into tears! Felt good to cry, but it made my headache even worse.
Anyway, eventually I had some Tylenol for the headache and dinner was finally ready, at which point I realized I was much more hungry than I had thought. Feeling much better after the medicine and food. Dinner was very yummy, though I'm not quite sure it was worth all the time dh put into making it. I do love that he likes to get into the k-room and make big feats sometimes though! There's lots of leftovers which will be great when I don't feel like cooking this week.

Sorry for the huge rant! Time to go help with L's bedtime, then hopefully early to bed for me too.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Previous

Return to Pregnancy