Pregnancy updates - October

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy updates - October

Postby Lily » 02 Oct 2014, 17:09

Thought I'd start the new thread, as I had my dating scan today. All seemed okay, although the nuchal fold looked quite big - am hoping that's just paranoia because last time I was totally clueless and blase, whereas now I'm very aware of what they're measuring. But the really weird moment came afterwards, when I phoned my mum to tell her I'm pregnant: her reaction (immediate and also repeated several times) was to say 'how interesting'. That's odd, right? I think she just has no idea how to make an emotional connection with another human being. I hope my kids feel more loved.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Re: Pregnancy updates - October

Postby RedRum » 02 Oct 2014, 17:16

((((Lily)))) Hugs for the worry and the rubbish response from your mum. Surely if there were any concerns they would have said something?

I still haven't heard from the hospital but I have felt reassuringly sick most of today and am shattered now, so I'm a little less anxious.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Treeb » 06 Oct 2014, 17:58

Hello everyone! I guess it is time for me to join in here. I'm only about 5 weeks along and it is still feeling very unreal, but on the other hand I am having more symptoms already than last time and it feels more real than it did then. The biggest thing so far is the exhaustion with a bit of sore breasts and very mild nausea as well.

Called my Doctor's office today to check in and find out when they would like to see me. I was expecting to need to go in around 8 weeks, but the receptionist scheduled me for next week so I will only be about 6 weeks along. This seems very early to me, or is that normal? No ultrasound scheduled yet, I guess we'll discuss that when I am at the office next week.

I'm in the U.S. so things are a bit different here. No midwifes, unless I specifically wanted one and went out and found one for myself. I went to a "family doctor"/general practitioner when pregnant with L and was very happy with his care. I've continued to see him as my gp in between and will see him for this pregnancy as well.

How is everyone else doing?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby pirate_han » 06 Oct 2014, 18:05

Congratulations Treeb :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby RedRum » 06 Oct 2014, 19:13

Congratulations treeb!

I'm still here, sickness comes and goes, I was a wreck on Saturday but ok-ish yesterday and today. I do feel (not wanting to count my chickens) that it's tapering off a bit, at least it's more intermittent, not that awful constant nausea now. It's my birthday on Friday so I'm really hoping that I have a good day and can chill I ut with DH, not spend the day curled up feeling sorry for myself.

Still haven't heard from the hospital about an early scan having been referred 10 days ago. It'll be time for my 12 week scan before I get in for the early one at this rate!
RedRum

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 06 Oct 2014, 19:45

Congrats treeb! And glad you're feeling better RR... I seem to be (touch wood frantically in attempt not to jinx it) feeling much better. The odd gaggy episode and exhausted, but can eat, although still not meat or garlic or pasta, bleurgh. But I am so glad of the relief. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've felt some good kicks this eve. So feeling good :bsmile
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Fozza » 06 Oct 2014, 20:14

Congratulations Treeb!!!
Lots of nausea free vibes for you all.

I'm not sure how I can last another two weeks waiting for our follow up scan. I'm managing not to think the worst but I just can't stop thinking about it constantly and going round in circles. The cysts might go but the baby is small, the baby is small there must be a reason, the cysts might be why it's small but if its that then it's really bad (if both kidneys) and they didn't say it was really bad. Maybe the baby isn't that small. How small is small anyway!?!?! Raghhh!
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 06 Oct 2014, 20:35

Oh fozza, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I really hope you can find some peace while you wait
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby junglewonderland » 07 Oct 2014, 04:22

(((Fozza))) I hope these weeks pass quickly and the cysts go soon.

Glad some of you are feeling better, and congrats treeb!

I am getting biggish now, so much so that people are asking unashamedly if I am preggers. My back is getting really sore again and I can't stand or walk for more than a few minutes. I really have to think if I'll manage before I go somewhere, because if I can't spend most of the time on my butt I can't really go. My poor child, his life is going to be very boring for the next 5 months. He already says " can the baby come out?" several times a day because he knows my back will get better then.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 07 Oct 2014, 10:04

:D Just had a wonderful midwife appointment. Finally met my community mW, who was so, so lovely. We talked about last time, I did a cry, she talked about how I can refuse intervention and monitoring and how she'll help me to feel empowered this time. Then heard a good strong heartbeat, felt and heard lots of kicks. Yey! I'm measuring 3 weeks bigger than I should :? But A was big, and I was huge, so it's not unexpected... So yes, very happy bunny...

I hope everyone else is feeling OK. My thoughts are with all of you who are living with worry.
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Lily » 07 Oct 2014, 13:11

What a lovely update nearlymum! I was coming on here for a moan, but between reading such a lovely positive post and also how much others are genuinely unwell or have real worries, I don't feel at all justified in moaning now. Izbiz and I have had a series of bugs the last couple of weeks, and his sleep has been affected, which was starting to get me down - been a very shouty, uncooperative mummy the past few days. But he is now having a proper nap so hopefully we're through the worst of it. Now I just need to wean him before my nipples explode in agony...
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby junglewonderland » 07 Oct 2014, 13:43

Lily, just when I thought I could stand the pain no more Koala self weaned when I was 20 weeks. Hope it is as easy for you.....
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby RedRum » 07 Oct 2014, 13:46

Hugs to all those dealing with worry and sickness and sore nipples. FWIW I am even struggling with DH going anywhere near my boobs right now they're so over sensitive, so I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must be to actually be feeding. Hope there is relief all round on its way.

I have a scan booked for friday, my birthday. I'm hoping against hope for good news. Please send me positive thoughts for heartbeats and happy beans.
RedRum

Postby Fozza » 07 Oct 2014, 15:02

At last...Really hoping is it Red rum. In fact, I'm sure it will be and it'll be a fabulous birthday x

My boobs are so much worse than with the others but feel like if I had someone feeding it would be a relief :-0 not a toddler though. They are just ready to feed. Loaded missiles. Really hope it comes easily and not too painful.

Lily, moan away x
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 07 Oct 2014, 15:23

You should never feel unjustified in a moan lily - this tgrsas is for the good and the bad days eh... Fingers crossed for you RR, and hugs to all that need them
nearlymumtobabyfk

Next

Return to Pregnancy