Pregnancy updates - september

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - september

Postby Fozza » 13 Sep 2014, 06:38

Kanga similar here: F was up with an ear infection, spent most of the night moaning in my bed. Medicated him every 4hours. Feel so rough...kept thinking...this is what I'm going to feel like in the spring :-/
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 13 Sep 2014, 07:37

Oh ladies, boo to rubbish nights. I have to say I keep thinking the same fozza, whenever I have a rough night. The sleep deprivation looms like a very dark cloud on the horizon... I 've got a whole sleep strategy worked out tho, involving sheepskins and side car cots. Makes me feel better, but you'd think I'd know that babies have an entire mind of their own!
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Kanga » 13 Sep 2014, 09:07

I keep thinking I shouldn't get used to sleep as there some be much happening soon! I'm going to have to kick dh to go to ds if I'm feeding the baby though! It's going to be interesting that's for sure ;)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Lily » 15 Sep 2014, 19:28

Hope everyone's been able to catch up on sleep. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, as I seem to be riddled with symptoms that I'm sure didn't surface till the third trimester last time - swollen fingers, indigestion, ultra-sensitive teeth. If it's like this now, I dread to think what a wreck I'll be in 6 months' time... On the upside, the slightly alarming water-retention-and-bloating bump which was beginning to make me look much more pregnant has now gone down a bit, so at least my jeans still fit.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Biddy » 15 Sep 2014, 20:26

Lily I had symptoms like that really early too with this pg, it's weird how pregnancies differ. But thankfully they went away during the second trimester. Back in the third though!

Yes I'm still here. Baby is a week overdue tomorrow. Come ooooooon baby! I obviously have a comfy womb, my babies always want to stay there as long as possible.
Midwife appt tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. They always insist on trying to book an induction when you're a week late. I'm going to be a difficult patient and refuse to book one until the very last minute. But I'm nervous because my appointment last week didn't go well. Friday I went to see MW and I had all the symptoms of pre-eclampsia :( the symptoms were quite mild so they decided to observe and get me checked again the next day. When MW cane to my house Saturday thankfully BP was right down, only a trace of protein in urine and my swollen feet had reduced a lot. Baby was wriggling and good heartbeat so all looked well. I wasn't expecting to still be pg now!
I lost some mucus plug two days ago and have been losing little bits ever since. A few very mild achy feelings every now and then. Plus a definite and unmistakeable 'labour' feeling last night, just the one contraction. Enough to bring back memories!! Things are happening but verrrry slowly.
I'm just worried about tomorrow now because my feet are massive again and I felt dizzy today :?
Really hope the pre-eclampsia isn't flaring up. If they find more symptoms tomorrow they're bound to really push for induction. I just hope if there are symptoms they're mild again.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby mamapup » 15 Sep 2014, 21:30

Good luck Biddy!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Fozza » 15 Sep 2014, 22:12

Fingers crossed biddy x
Mine came the day before induction was booked...no harm booking something for a few days away. You can always cancel.
Mum to
Fozza

Postby RedRum » 16 Sep 2014, 08:30

Good luck biddy! Hope things start kicking off for you soon x

I saw the mw on Friday. I had expected to be fobbed off for a couple of weeks, but when I spoke to the receptionist she said to come in. MW was pretty nice and sensitive, although only recorded one MC as she said she didn't think she could really count the chemical I described from the previous cycle. Fair enough I guess. I'm going back in two weeks to get booked in for an early scan. I kind of wish I had more symptoms to convince me I'm really pregnant, really all I have to go on are my boobs right now (and lack of AF of course)!
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Kitcameron » 16 Sep 2014, 09:23

Good luck RR and Biddy.

Have you been induced before Biddy? Is that why you're trying to avoid it, or just because you want to let baby come and his/her own pace?

I was induced with Baby D and it was great in my case. She was only two days early but I was in so much pain from spd and once my waters were broken everything professed really quickly for me. I was worried it'd still take hours and hours and people say it's a lot more painful if you're induced but I didn't find it so, mind I managed to get the pethidine in time this time round which I didn't with G. I still needed the drip but she was born about 4.5 hrs after my waters were broken and it just felt so easy.

I know not everyone's experiences are that good but I just wondered what your reasons were for not wanting to be induced. I'm sure it's a very good reason whatever it is! I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way at all. Just wanted to share my good experience of it
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Biddy » 16 Sep 2014, 13:23

Thanks KC that's actually quite reassuring to hear such a positive story for a change.
To answer your question, I have a few reasons why I don't want an induction:
I won't be able to have my planned homebirth.
Hospital where I'd have to go is really crap and I've had bad experiences there, as have plenty of other women I know, so it scares me. I'm talking about actual dangerous neglect as well as unpleasant midwives etc.
Most of the time I hear stories of induction it's very negative, lots of people say the labour is more difficult and painful. There is much more likelihood of intervention too.
Worried about having a difficult birth or a bad experience because I've ended up with PND after both previous births and I know homebirth reduces the chances of that.
Worried about being away from the children for too long. I know that sounds a bit silly but they spend 24hrs a day with me and I don't know how they'll deal with it if I'm gone for too long. Thats another issue with this hospital is both times it's taken AGES for them to discharge me, for no apparent reason.

Feeling rubbish today. Fed up. Emotional. Grumpy. Midwife hasn't turned up yet.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kanga » 16 Sep 2014, 13:30

(((Biddy))) hope the midwife turns up soon and that baby ramps thing up a bit and makes an appearance before they push for induction. With my first I had pre-eclampsia symptoms and was due to go to hospital 7pm the fri. Had a sweep in the thurs to try & avoid it & dd finally arrived 6.30pm fri!! Hope yours doesn't cut it quite so fine!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Fozza » 16 Sep 2014, 20:44

How is everyone?
I had a good old sob at the mw today. Been really stressed out. Turned up at 9.30 to find out my appt was 11! I was on holiday when the appt was changed and I obv didn't note the time properly... stupid pregnancy mush brain. That messed wth my plan for the whole day. I have been trying to get hold of fetal medicine and as I predicted they delayed the cardiac scan by 1 week (so it's two weeks later than it should be). Really pissed me off but what can I do about it now. Really holding on to every appt and building myself up to fight the stress. I can't feel any movements now. I did before but not definite but I have an anterior placenta so in my head I'm not surprised but really need that reassurance between scans. Anyway, the midwife was lovely and had a listen to the heartbeat for ages and I just sobbed. I felt so relieved.
Mum to
Fozza

Postby Kitcameron » 16 Sep 2014, 20:52

Aww Fozza (((()))). Glad you've got a lovely midwife and had that reassurance listening to the heartbeat but sucks to the rest.

Biddy, I completely understand your reasons for not wanting induction. I felt a bit the same as well beforehand, although not had same previous experiences as you so I wasn't so against the idea. Little G had never been away from me before I went into hospital but she was fine, if that's any reassurance. At least I could tell her I was going in advance though and we had childcare all planned and everything, in some ways induction made that easier as we knew when I was going in. Here's hoping Baby Biddy makes an appearance soon and you get the home birth you want and deserve.
Kitcameron

Postby Biddy » 17 Sep 2014, 09:31

((((((((Fozza)))))))
I'm so glad to hear there was a nice strong heartbeat. Lovely to have a midwife who understood enough to allow you to listen for a good long time. I had anterior placenta with both previous pregnancies and with DD1 I used to go for ages, sometimes almost a whole day or night, without feeling movements. It was pretty scary and I didn't have any past experience like you, so I can only imagine your anxiety. But baby Fozza is obviously doing well :) hooray!

Thanks KC, I'm trying to remain calm about the whole thing but it's not easy. Even midwife yesterday told me her own horror story about her birth experience at that hospital! Lovely midwife but that wasn't very helpful of her I have to say :?
BP was very high yesterday. I had just been out and rushing back home so MW took that into consideration and stayed for ages, retaking my BP several times until she finally got a reading she was happy with. She reckons the muggy weather always raises blood pressure, she finds she needs to send lots of ladies in to the assessment unit when the weather is 'close'. Anyway, thankfully I relaxed enough to get the level down. But she's booked another MW to visit this morning for another reading to make sure, and maybe a sweep!! Feeling nervous as I've never had one before. At least no protein in urine yesterday so we'll see how it goes today.

Been feeling lots of BH and this morning I had another proper 'laboury' contraction. I wish my uterus would stop teasing and just get on with it! All these unpleasant little reminders are making me jittery!!

I'm off to do some calming breathing and read a book to take my mind off things. I hope everyone else is well xx
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kitcameron » 17 Sep 2014, 11:10

(((biddy))) Hows things going today? Did you have a sweep? hope your midwife appt this morning went well, she sounds like a sensible midwife at any rate, (apart from the horror story) not taking the first bp reading and sticking with that and worrying you. I got ill when pg with D and went to the drs cos I couldn't keep anything down, he just kept retaking my bp with various different machines until he got a reading he was happy with, made me laugh really.
Kitcameron

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy