Pregnancy updates - september

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy updates - september

Postby Kanga » 11 Sep 2014, 09:52

Realised we didn't have a September thread so thought I'd kick one off.

34+1 & just seen the midwife. All fine except baby is breech. She said they won't worry until 37 weeks with a 3rd but I'll see her in 2 weeks & if its still breech she send me for a scan & possible turning procedure. So lots of scrubbing the floors for me!

We haven't had a great week & I am absolutely exhausted, but feeling irrationally emotional about this. Part of me thinks a planned section would be easier to deal with & organise childcare etc, but I can't imagine looking after 3 children after a section. Plus I don't want to be denied a last chance at a natural labour. I know its early days but my rain is firing on all cylinders!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Re: Pregnancy updates - september

Postby junglewonderland » 11 Sep 2014, 10:14

Oh Kanga, sorry to hear you have had a rubbish week and have breech worries on top of it all. It would be almost easier to not know until it was time to actually do something about it.

I'm 18 weeks and enjoying the second trimester. Really looking forward to the scan next week.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby RedRum » 11 Sep 2014, 10:27

I'm here *waves* albeit cautiously.

Going to call the midwife tomorrow and get myself a booking in appointment, and also try to get myself an early scan. I know they will date me at 6 weeks based on my lmp, but I am 99% sure I'm more like 4 weeks. Right now I just want to time to pass so I can feel less anxious.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 11 Sep 2014, 11:49

(kanga) fingers crossed he/she will turn of their own accord...

And hugs to you too RR. Lovely to see you back...

My update is that, touch wood, the sickness seems to be subsiding, or at least during the day. I am however so shattered in the evening that it makes a return from tea time. But, it's very nice to not have puked at work for a while :)
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby pirate_han » 11 Sep 2014, 17:05

Yay nearlymum! So pleased it's easing for you :)

((Kanga)) I hope you can have the birth you want to. Turn, baby, turn!

((RR)) Fingers crossed for a reassuring early scan x

I'm 19 weeks. Still puking, still off work. Very, very fed up of puking. I have an appointment with the Maternal Well Being Team (mental health) on 1st October so am hoping they will be more supportive than my midwife. I have my anomaly scan next week but had a gender scan a couple of weeks ago so I know I'm having a boy; DH and I are enjoying thinking of possible names.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Kanga » 11 Sep 2014, 18:04

(((P_h))) sorry you're still being sick. Really glad you're seeing the well being people though, hope they are helpful. Not that they could be much worse than your mw!

Glad you're feeling better nearly mum, hope it stays away.

RR, hope you can get a scan without too much of a fight.

I'm still feeling sorry for myself & imagining worst case scenarios but need to snap out of it. I've googled 'flipping a breech baby' so will be spending considerable amounts of time with my bottom in the air! One website says 'Maintain this position for 15 minutes every two waking hours, for five consecutive days.' That seems a lot but there you go!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby Kanga » 11 Sep 2014, 18:04

(((P_h))) sorry you're still being sick. Really glad you're seeing the well being people though, hope they are helpful. Not that they could be much worse than your mw!

Glad you're feeling better nearly mum, hope it stays away.

RR, hope you can get a scan without too much of a fight.

I'm still feeling sorry for myself & imagining worst case scenarios but need to snap out of it. I've googled 'flipping a breech baby' so will be spending considerable amounts of time with my bottom in the air! One website says 'Maintain this position for 15 minutes every two waking hours, for five consecutive days.' That seems a lot but there you go!

Kanga

Postby NorthernKitten » 11 Sep 2014, 20:06

Hugs for everyone - particularly gentle sticky ones for rr, and more aggressive bum in the air ones for k... Turn baby, turn!!

Still feeling quite low here, although enjoying movement. DH got kicked the other day too - a good 10 weeks earlier than he was able to feel munchkin (in fairness, i am over 3 stones lighter this time round, so less 'cushioning'!). Think I'm starting to become more positive (but no less terrified...) and have even started sorting out munchkin's baby stuff to see what we need.

And get a second anomaly scan in 2 weeks as baby was highly uncooperative and wouldn't let the sonographer measure his/her head. Which will be cool...

On downside, second dose of thrush in 4 weeks. Unimpressed.
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby NorthernKitten » 11 Sep 2014, 20:09

Btw - anyone else feeling less excited / completely underwhelmed by people's responses / not as enthral led by scans second time round, or is it just that I'm feeling a little down still about the whole thing? Baby very much wanted, don't get me wrong, and kind of planned, but just not as exciting when you've done it all before and know what's coming?!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby Biddy » 11 Sep 2014, 22:31

Hugs and sympathy to everyone feeling sick, it's absolutely the worst bit of pregnancy for me. Nearlymum, glad yours seems to be subsiding finally!

RR so pleased to see you here :) I hope you get that scan.

Kanga, have you checked spinning babies site? They have lots of tips on there for turning a breech baby. DD2 was breech until fairly late. I was worried too so I did lots of bottom in air stuff! It worked, so I hope it does for you too. Most important thing is to concentrate on relaxing your stomach muscles and uterus and all of that area while you're doing it. I've seen a suggestion of going to a swimming pool and spending as long as possible standing on your hands upside-down underwater. The buoyancy of the water helps apparently.
As an aside, bottom in the air is also a good position to do your pelvic floor squeezes! So you could do that at the same time :D. You can focus individually on front, middle and back while you're in that position.

NK, I absolutely know that underwhelmed feeling!! Second time around even more than third oddly enough. I think it's quite natural really. I was very worried about not being able to love DD2 and even after she was born I didn't feel an immediate attachment, but it took very little time for me to fall head over heels for her. So much so that I started feeling guilty that I loved her too much :)

As for me, nothing happening. Still swollen up and SPD is horrible, especially at night and trying to get out of bed in the morning. I don't know but I'm starting to think this baby might be very late. I hope I'm just being paranoid. But I've measured small for dates the last three appointments and with my last two pregnancies I was getting twinges and achy feelings for two to three weeks before labour, and with this one I haven't felt anything until the last few days. And it's just very vague aches. Nothing at all today. I hope I'm wrong and this pg is just different. I'm getting really tired of being stuck in the house, and especially not being able to take the children out for walks. They're so bored poor things :(
Aaargh..impatience!!
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kanga » 12 Sep 2014, 13:02

Yes I've been looking at spinning babies thanks biddy. Glad to hear you managed to get your dd to turn. Here's hoping for this one. I had seen the recommendations of standing on your head in the swimming pool. Not sure I'll be trying that one though!

Sorry to hear you are still feeling uncomfortable biddy. Hope baby gets a wriggle on for you :)

Kanga

Postby Fozza » 12 Sep 2014, 13:47

Glad your all ok.
Im looking forward to midwife next week and cardiac scan the week after. The nuchal ones reassuring effect is wearing off now. Other than that I have lots of energy and feel great. Started pg yoga hoping it would relax me but I was so stressed before I got there.
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 12 Sep 2014, 21:00

Hugs all round really. Who knew growing humans was so hard..?

I'm back for a moan, again. Daytime sickness has improved loads. But jeez the evenings are grim. All my energy runs out about 5pm and from there I just feel worse and worse til I come to bed, about now ( or in reality 9 o'clock when I'm home alone). It is just bleurgh. Am feeling somewhat under supported by dp - but really I know that's just cos he's incapable of being assertive about these things. But that doesn't stop me wishing he wasn't... Just boo really... Whinge over
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Fozza » 12 Sep 2014, 21:21

Great. Fetal medicine secretary called today and I didn't get the message until late today (fri). So I'll be stewing all weekend wondering if they are going to change the date of my scan. I will cry if they do.
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby Kanga » 13 Sep 2014, 06:22

Oh no fozza. Hope you can get through to them first thing on Monday & they don't mess you around.

Nearlymum that doesn't sound fun :(

For the first half of last night ds was waking every 90 mins or so, so I feel awful this morning. Worse cos dh wasn't even asleep some of the time but still didn't get up!!

Kanga

Next

Return to Pregnancy