Pregnancy Updates - August

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - August

Postby Fozza » 01 Sep 2014, 22:51

Ah ok. Hope the appointment is helpful.

...my boobs are huge and so sore. Don't remember this before. Cannot wait to breastfeed as I'm feeling like it will be a welcome relief. Hope it's that easy.
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 02 Sep 2014, 18:17

My daughter graciously accepted savoury rice for dinner (as it was all I could stomach to 'cook'), has been good as hold and has only suggested play that I can.participate in whilst lying down. She is the absolute business :)
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Biddy » 06 Sep 2014, 09:37

Nmtbfk, my first labour went a bit like that, except they didn't intervene with a drip or a section because they basically dumped me in a broom cupboard and forgot about me !! My labour wasn't progressing beyond 1cm dilation, 36hrs in total. It was horrendous. And because I wasn't dilating they kept telling me I wasn't in active labour. In fact, having given birth again since then, I can say that the contractions I was having for hours and hours were those most intense and crazy ones that usually occur just before transition and pushing. So I very much WAS in active labour but I was frightened and felt out of control same as you did.
Feelings of fear and lack of control are the biggest inhibitors of labour!
In the end a decent midwife came on duty and tried to sort out a section for me but the consultant flat refused as he was the only one on duty with one anaesthetist and they already had 5 sections waiting in the queue. They didn't even check anything before refusing, not even baby's heartbeat! :( because I "wasn't in labour".
I thought I would die or baby would die or both of us, I actually felt completely accepting and calm about it. But midwife wasn't very calm, I remember her looking very worried and panicky. She gave me a large dose of pethidine in the end. Whether it was my prayers or the pethidine I don't know but I immediately dilated from 1 to 10 within 30mins, and out came baby, covered in meconium, waters murky and black, but thankfully she was fine.

For my second birth I was determined not to go through that horror again. So I researched ways of relaxing and feeling in control and not afraid. Somebody on this forum suggested hypnobirthing so I bought a book about it (Marie Mongan) and used some of those techniques. The difference was huge. Much shorter labour which progressed normally and no intervention. I would definitely recommend you practice some relaxation techniques yourself. Maybe try having a look into hypnobirthing. I only really did the breathing stuff, never had time to practice the visualisation, but just the breathing and being aware of tension in my body really helped a lot i think. And have been practicing more for this next imminent birth.

On that subject...

Due date on Tuesday! I've been offline so haven't been updating the forum. Suddenly the date has arrived in front of me. I'm sooooooo uncomfortable. I can't wait to get this baby out. But at the same time I'm feeling quite apprehensive all of a sudden. This will (hopefully) be my first homebirth. I'm very happy it all seems to be going ahead but for some reason I just feel really nervous! I think part of the reason is I'm so tired all the time now, not sleeping much because I'm so uncomfortable at night with SPD, acid reflux and just general insomnia; I feel like I'm going to be too exhausted to cope with labour :?
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 06 Sep 2014, 10:34

Jeez Biddy, that sounds just horrific. Thank goodness for the lovely midwife coming on duty. I had much the same with my wonderful midwife who came on the night shift. I think I would've felt a whole lot worse afterwards if it hadn't been for her... How wonderful that you'll be having a home birth this time. It is very reassuring to know that a second birth can be so different it would enable you to feel so empowered... I am going to look at hypnobirthing. They gave just started offering classes at the hospital, so I fully intend to tap into that. They've also started offering a vbac workshop too, so I feel reasonably confident that there are at least some decent midwives operating there...

I really hope these last few days for you are peaceful and calm. Good luck
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Fozza » 06 Sep 2014, 16:52

Scans all booked. I managed to get a cardiac scan at the local hospital so we don't have to go up to London to the place where my baby died. Quite relieved (DH more so) bit sad as re-living parts of that time or seeing things I remember feels painful but sorta good, like scratching an itch but I'm mostly relieved.

The three scans are all a month apart which is nice for me to have the reassurance. I got the baby on my Doppler today too.

Good luck biddy. You'll probably feel full of energy the day you go into labour as our bodies have a habit of knowing these things.
Mum to
Fozza

Postby Kanga » 06 Sep 2014, 18:25

Wow biddy, can't believe you're almost at due date already. Although I knew you weren't much before me but I'm in denial! ;) Hope you are able to have the home birth you've planned and that you can get some rest and a break from the discomfort in the mean time.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby PicNic » 06 Sep 2014, 19:09

Good luck Biddy. I hope you have avoided the stress of your inlaws and that the home birth is peaceful.

Fozza wrote:Scans all booked. I managed to get a cardiac scan at the local hospital so we don't have to go up to London to the place where my baby died. Quite relieved (DH more so) bit sad as re-living parts of that time or seeing things I remember feels painful but sorta good, like scratching an itch but I'm mostly relieved.

The three scans are all a month apart which is nice for me to have the reassurance. I got the baby on my Doppler today too.

Good luck biddy. You'll probably feel full of energy the day you go into labour as our bodies have a habit of knowing these things.

(((((Fozza)))))
Very proud mummy of our adventurous little man 09/09 and our cheeky little lady 11/11
PicNic

Postby Biddy » 08 Sep 2014, 09:09

(((Fozza))) I'm glad you have those scans booked, hopefully they will help to reassure you.

Yup, due date tomorrow! Are you next then Kanga? I was in denial until very recently too :) I was preparing everything and sorting house out etc, but was only when I bought some nappies about a week ago that it dawned on me this is actually happening very soon! Started packing a 'just in case' labour bag yesterday which has made it even more real.
I'm looking forward to a homebirth but I have to say the most annoying thing about it is having to make sure the house is always in order and clean (more or less). I just want to let it go to pot most days. Sit on the sofa and eat chocolate biscuits instead.

I have to say, not having inlaws around this time is LOVELY. It's sort of harder as I'm having to do all my own chores but that's a very small disadvantage compared with the absence of major stress levels. They're getting their visas sorted as we speak, so they're getting ready to come over. But good news is FIL has an appointment in 2 weeks for a set of false teeth and he can't miss the appointment. So I have at least two weeks which is good to know.
It's going to be strange to see him with teeth!! He hasn't had any teeth for many years. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll get too annoyed with them to keep them in very much and he'll leave them lying around the house. I'll probably find the kids trying them on or something :scream lol
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kanga » 09 Sep 2014, 15:38

Happy due date biddy :) Glad to hear you are going to have some space before the inlaws arrive. Really hope baby arrives before they do!

It does appear I am next due :scream Not sure how that happened! Eek, I better start getting organised!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Biddy » 09 Sep 2014, 16:38

Well, no sign of baby yet. Don't worry Kanga I still haven't finished packing my labour bag :D leaving it rather late!
My feet and legs are hugely swollen. Ouch ouch. I've really cut down the salt and trying to drink lots of water, but it's not making any difference. I suppose at this stage I just have to put up with it until I give birth.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Fozza » 09 Sep 2014, 19:38

Put your feet up Biddy and I hope the full moon works its magic :)
Mum to
Fozza

Postby Biddy » 10 Sep 2014, 14:40

Yes was hoping the full moon might do something but alas no.
But have been feeling slightly achy today so maybe something will happen before long... Made a big veggie stew this morning just in case!

Hope everyone else is feeling ok xx
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby mindy » 10 Sep 2014, 21:40

Lots of luck Biddy, am thinking of you and your little girls. Enjoy these precious few days with them before the next chapter starts x x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Kitcameron » 11 Sep 2014, 13:46

Good luck Biddy, hope everything goes smoothly for tou
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Pregnancy