Pregnancy Updates - August

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy Updates - August

Postby pirate_han » 02 Aug 2014, 08:57

I'll start off with a moan because I'm feeling low. We had our dating scan on Thursday which picked me up a little, but the exertion of being out of the house for a couple of hours meant that I spent the evening vomiting with a terrible headache and overwhelming tiredness. It was rough. It's safe for me to take up to 24mg a day of the medication I'm on, but I'm currently prescribed 12mg. I went to see a locum GP yesterday to ask for an increase, as while the dose I'm on controls probably 70-80% of my actual vomiting (meaning I can stay hydrated), this is only the case if I sit in the house and do not exert myself at all (the second I do I relapse) and I am still needing to spit constantly and have constant nausea which makes it hard for me to eat very much although I am trying. I'm still losing weight. The GP refused saying that that there is no evidence on dosage of my current medication for pregnancy - there is, and I showed it to him, but because it isn't in the NICE guidelines it's irrelevant, apparently. The GP said that if my current dose controls enough of the vomiting for me to stay hydrated then that's good enough. No consideration whatsoever is being given to my mental health. I cannot sit in the house for god knows how many weeks on end. I want to take my daughter to the park like a normal person. All I am asking for is a trial of the higher dose to see if it enables me to function. I was so upset when I left the surgery and now I am absolutely furious. It is inhuman to leave somebody like this. On Monday I'm going to demand they refer me to a consultant, immediately. If they are not confident to supervise the medication I need then that is what they need to do, and I should not have to ask.

Hugs to anyone suffering sickness/SPD etc. Hope today is a better day x
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Re: Pregnancy Updates - August

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 02 Aug 2014, 09:28

Oh p_h, no wonder you feel low, that is terrible treatment. I think you are absolutely right to demand a refferal. Til then, loads of hugs. I can't even imagine how you are getting by
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 02 Aug 2014, 11:03

Well, we just told A the news. So many other people know, and I feel so grim it seemed right to explain why. She was definitely a bit taken aback - I anticipate lots of questions in the next few days as she mulls it... I don't think I've ever felt more of a grown up than telling my pfb I'm preggers!
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Maggie#4 » 02 Aug 2014, 21:06

(((())))
Maggie#4

Postby Jaymlin » 05 Aug 2014, 20:54

Baby number 2 is due tomorrow! I know he/she won't arrive, I just know it so I'll be at my parents for the day willing myself in labour!
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby Biddy » 07 Aug 2014, 14:11

Jaymlin how are you feeling? Any signs yet?? Hope you don't have to wait much longer!
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kanga » 07 Aug 2014, 16:07

Ooh jaymlin, I missed your post the other day. Hope you are coping ok an baby doesn't keep you waiting too long x
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Violet_Cue » 07 Aug 2014, 19:14

p_h - I hope they have done something more for you :(

Jaymlin - that's exciting! Any niggling or news yet?

Here all is the same - except I did a long face paint festival yesterday and am wiped and my feel got all swollen. It's too early to deal with that. And I have a full 2 day festival the weekend, so I really need it not to be a recurring event.

And I got my fetal doppler back from my friend so it is going to be fun trying to see if we can find the HB - it is still very early, so I don't expect to be able to just yet. It was nice to have with J up until he started moving around. :)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby Maggie#4 » 07 Aug 2014, 20:10

Ooh might get my Doppler out. Forgot about that.
I'm 11wks today :-0 NHS scan is booked for 13+6 and after our holiday. Seems too long to wait so I've booked a scan with our old consultant tomorrow. He's so lovely and reassuring. If it's all ok I think being able to tell people will help get it out if my head iyswim.
Maggie#4

Postby Jaymlin » 07 Aug 2014, 21:25

I'm still here, hanging on! I thought I was niggling this morning but it didn't amount to anything. I saw the midwife today and she said baby is 2/5 engaged still and position is LOA which is apparently good. I'm booked to see her next Thursday and she'll offer a sweep. I can't help but feel I'll get induced as F was and perhaps my gestation period is 42+ weeks. Who knows!
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby junglewonderland » 08 Aug 2014, 06:23

(((Ph))), I hope things get better soon, there is nothing worse than having no hope.
Maggie4, I hope the scan goes well and you can out yourself soon. All the best Jaymlin, you sound. pretty Zen about it all, I hope that is rewarded with a baby pronto.
I'm 13 weeks now and have told everyone now. My current stress is that koala is due to start kindy pretty much the week the baby is due. I wanted to start him a term earlier or later so he is not going through a major change when the baby arrives, but he won't get a place unless he starts then. bummer.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby cloudcuckoo » 08 Aug 2014, 18:18

How are things, Maggie#4? Hope the scan went well.
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby Maggie#4 » 08 Aug 2014, 22:26

Scan was fine although he reckoned I was less than 11weeks (10+3) so scheduled to complete the scan for after my holiday. It's the same day as my NHS one so may cancel that...tough choice!
I had really convinced myself it was some phantom pregnancy. Didn't feel real seeing it bouncing around in there.
Maggie#4

Postby Biddy » 10 Aug 2014, 23:48

Aargh pregnancy insomnia!

May as well use the awake time to check the forum :-)

Jaymlin, hope you can avoid an induction this time, but you sound quite relaxed about everything. Come on baby!

Maggie #4, great to hear there was a healthy little bean swimming around in there :) do you feel any different about the pregnancy now you've seen it?

As for me, I keep getting more uncomfortable by the day. I need to check out some SPD exercises to relieve it as I keep getting nasty spasms which render me completely unable to walk for a time. Had midwife appt and bubs is in a good position, let's hope it stays there.
I've bought some baby clothes! eBay cheapo but lovely :) it's forced me to face reality now, I'm actually going to have a tiny baby again :o wearing tiny clothes and pooing/puking all over them. Oooooh boy, feeling nervous now. Can I really deal with being woken up all night again?? Or sore nipples, constant exhaustion, never quite knowing if I'm doing it right..? I certainly feel like I want this to be my last baby. I feel worn out just thinking about it!
But I AM looking forward to meeting (him???). :D
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Maggie#4 » 11 Aug 2014, 22:18

Third time... you are definitely doing it right! I'm sure (well, know ;-) the nerves will switch to adrenaline and before you know it you'll have three children happily playing in front of you, you'll wonder how you got there. You'll be fine.

Definitely feel more attached. I spent a long time not expecting to get to the first scan because of the medication my husband takes. After the scan I was really positive for a day then panicked that we'd started telling people too soon. But telling people helps me deal with it a bit too.
Maggie#4

Next

Return to Pregnancy