Why, hello all...

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Why, hello all...

Postby Violet_Cue » 28 Jul 2014, 10:34

Haven't been around lately, since J is well and truly weaned and I didn't have much reason for poking around... hanging out in the ttc thread was okay, but after a while complaining about my symptoms and BFNs started to sound tired to my ears so I backed off and tried to relax about it... until...

BFP - with a due date in March. :)

I am tired, and somewhat dizzy, and we have just moved, and money is what it is, but we were trying and I am happy (all be it reserved for early days.)

Waiting to be outed by family (I am a bit of a beer lover, so it is really only a matter of time) and trying to decide if/ what we should tell J first. Any thoughts for this early on?

Gosh, I don't remember being this tired last time. I could sleep all day - but I am crazy restless at night.
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Re: Why, hello all...

Postby FestiveTidings » 28 Jul 2014, 10:58

Congratulations! We told Roo that mummy was having a baby a few dats before we announced it to the world. He didn't really get it until I was huge :)

Congrats again, lovely news :)
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Kanga » 28 Jul 2014, 11:04

Wow, congratulations!! Lovely to see you back :)

We didn't tell dd either time until we'd had the 12 week scan, just so we knew things were looking ok. Plus the pics helped her a bit. We had told our parents earlier than the scan but they knew not to tell her. She was then the first person we told after the scan, quickly followed by everyone else before dd got to them first!! ;)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby emzit » 28 Jul 2014, 11:29

Congrats!

We told muncher first I think when I was about 10 weeks or so. It was important to us that he knew first even though we could have told people with instructions not to tell him, it depends on how strongly you feel about that, I guess. Then waited a few weeks to tell family as I wanted to let my sister know first and in person and she was away. Then the rest if the family and the news trickled out from there.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 28 Jul 2014, 11:59

Congrats! I'm also looking at a march due date. We haven't told A yet either, but have told family with instructions not to let it slip. To be honest tho I think We may tell her soon as my sickness and nausea is fairly bad and I think it'll come to a point where I want to give her an explanation... Anyways, congrats again!
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Violet_Cue » 28 Jul 2014, 12:16

Thanks all! I am on vacation for a little bit so I don't have to try to work and worry and be tired for a couple weeks. I can't say no when people ask, so there are a few people who know already... but none of our family yet ( :o ) While we could ask the ILs not to say anything they are the type to accidentally let things slip - so I am inclined to tell J early. I don't expect he'll really get it, but then again he picks up on some odd things with a depth of understanding beyond his years at times.

I am already doing the elastic trick on my pants and waiting for DH to dig out my mat clothes so I can find my bella band. Doesn't help that I have tons of weight on before this whole thing even starts... and that only gummy bears keep the yucky tummy calm (lol.)
Violet_Cue

Postby Maggie#4 » 28 Jul 2014, 12:34

Hope everything goes well!
I'm similar and can't lie when people ask so I avoid them or hope it doesn't come up in conversation.
Maggie#4

Postby Violet_Cue » 28 Jul 2014, 22:04

So we asked what he thought of us bringing home a baby and he said "great idea"! He told us all the things he was going to show the baby (full on tour of the house) told us about what babies can and can`t do, and suggested that the baby sleep in his blue room (the old nursery.) All good signs I suppose :)

Now to decide if we let him out us with the ILs or tell them ourselves. :)
Violet_Cue

Postby mamapup » 29 Jul 2014, 05:58

Congratulations! Glad your lo took it well.
The puppy is, for the most part, an extremely doting older brother, I suspect the the lots of chat.and discussion about babies helped. Just before little croc was born we realised we had never explicitly said that she was coming to live with us forever so we changed what we were saying to emphasise that she'd be with us always. He has never once asked for her to go away or for us to send her away.

Oh, andMarch is an awesome month for a baby as it isn't too hot during the pregnancy and then they're big enough to be oit and about in summer. Perfect timing, I think.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby RachelS » 29 Jul 2014, 06:48

Congratulations!
Aspiring yummy mummy but managing to be a slummy mummy to 2 gorgeous boys.
DS1 11/08/06
DS2 14/09/09
RachelS

Postby Biddy » 30 Jul 2014, 21:52

Ooo congratulations! :bsmile I hope it's uneventful and easy for you :)
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Return to Pregnancy