Help! Did my waters just break?

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Help! Did my waters just break?

Postby Jaymlin » 05 Jul 2014, 14:21

Ok, so I know I should probably call someone but it feels like likely if I don't speak to RL people at the moment.

I am about 35 weeks and I've just walked through my front door and had a trickle of something down my leg. I'd only been to the toilet about 15 mins before but I did just carry a very big bag of dog food in over my shoulder. Could I have been wetting myself? I ran upstairs to the toilet and straightaway did a wee on the toilet so I'm really confused. My wee appeared clear as did the fluid in my knickers.

DP is away in France until tomorrow, DD is at a friends house and it's just me and the dog at home. Think i'll have a cuppa tea and see how I feel.
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Re: Help! Did my waters just break?

Postby PerpetualMadness » 05 Jul 2014, 14:41

What does it smell like? Waters don't smell like urine. Put on a pad and check it in a bit. I would call maternity dept or page midwife too.
PerpetualMadness

Postby bigcatmaniac » 05 Jul 2014, 15:29

Mine went and I wasn't sure either - no gush, no popping noise etc. I put a pad in and it continued to trickle but to be sure I went into the assessment unit and they examined me and confirmed what I thought. I wasn't sure as I'd had a bath that morning. If it's not tmi - keep any pads and your knickers to show the midwife too. Good luck!
bigcatmaniac

Postby Jaymlin » 05 Jul 2014, 15:41

I put a pad in my knickers but I hate to admit that I think I might have randomly wet myself. I guess it was from lifting the dog food and carrying it to the house. I'm sat watching the tv and I keep imagining little twinges but I think it's probably in my head. Baby is moving about fine too so I'll sit a bit longer until I have to pick up DD.
Jaymlin

Postby catkin » 05 Jul 2014, 16:12

If it's waters leaking you'll prob feel some more coming when you stand up after sitting for a while, or when you get up in the morning. They can leak without properly going, so if anything it's probably that if you didn't have a big gush.
Hopefully just baby having a kick of your bladder tho!
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Postby Ducky » 05 Jul 2014, 19:19

With ds1, I had just had a wee, was standing up to pull my knickers up and noticed some dripping onto the floor. I thought too that perhaps I had wet myself, but after having a pad on for a little while it was obvious that it was my waters that had gone as they just kept trickling.

Have you noticed anything since? Agree with pp that you should keep any pads with any fluid on and if you have noticed any other leaking then def call your mw.
DS1 born Spring 2009
DS2 born Summer 2011
Ducky

Postby Jaymlin » 05 Jul 2014, 20:43

Thanks all but no more leaking, I think I just wet myself! Thankfully I have a bloody good excuse so I don't feel too embarrassed just a little shocked as it's never happened before!
Jaymlin

Postby NorthernKitten » 05 Jul 2014, 20:47

Is worth getting checked anyway. I was woken up one morning to DH telling me he thought HE'd wet the bed (note, this is not a normal event - he was super panicking!) and it took us both a good hour to figure it may have been my waters. There was nothing after - dry as a bone - and hosp (when my very sensible best friend convinced me to go get checked) told me the hind waters had gone, and so we were in the 24 hour or be induced stage....

Nt to scare you or anything!! Good luck!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Return to Pregnancy