Pregnancy updates-July

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates-July

Postby pirate_han » 24 Jul 2014, 09:44

(((nm))) vomit is grim whatever the level. I hope it eases for you soon.

Enjoy your holiday jw!

Good luck md!

The GP has upped my dose of meds and so far they are controlling my sickness (yay!). Still very tired and nauseous, spitting and retching but trying to eat, and I can drink at least. This week has been hard, DH couldn't have time off and B couldn't go to nursery (pox), so there has been far too much Peppa Pig but needs must and all that. Next week will be better.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 24 Jul 2014, 10:37

Really glad you've got some relief p_h. Hope next week is a bit rosier
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Maggie#4 » 24 Jul 2014, 20:02

9wks and not heard from the midwife. Better get my head out the sand.
Maggie#4

Postby Jaymlin » 24 Jul 2014, 20:30

I saw the midwife this morning (38 weeks) and she said she didn't think I'd go over due this time. woohoo. Baby's head is 2/5 and was free 2 weeks ago. I can really feel that baby has dropped. I know I could still realistically go over due but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the midwife is right.
I'll be so glad when the weather cools down. I love the sunshine but not when heavily pregnant.
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 28 Jul 2014, 13:00

Bleeuurrggghhh. Migraine sickness + prego sickness = a very miserable me... Sorry to moan...
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Jaymlin » 29 Jul 2014, 07:25

I hope you are feeling better nearlymum, a double whammy of sickness is just cruel.

I'm 39 weeks and have caught a cold with a lovely dry cough that leaves me retching. Every time I cough I'm worried that I'm going to wet myself (again) :scream :oops:
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby Violet_Cue » 29 Jul 2014, 12:06

Off to my first doctor's appointment... hoping to convince him to send me for a dating scan. My cycles are long and J was born at 36w1d but always measured big... since we had a lot of special treatment for him being "late pre-term" I'd like an accurate date for this one. :)

So... I am about 6 1/2 weeks... when can I put on my mat clothes? Because none of my pants fit...
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby Biddy » 30 Jul 2014, 21:27

Hello everyone!

Just catching up with you all. Ramadan has finished and we've had our Eid celebrations. It was all very lovely and spiritual and there was a lot of cake eaten on Eid day :D
I'm hoping now things can settle down into more of a normal routine and I can get on with thinking about this baby's arrival!

Sorry to everyone suffering sickness. It's by far the worst part of pregnancy imo. Right now I have horrible swollen legs and feet, my SPD is getting more painful, baby is pressing right down on my bladder, every movement it makes is uncomfortable and even quite painful at times, I can't cut my toenails properly, I've given up on shaving legs, I'm waddling...but I'll take all that anytime over the sickness. I hope it improves for you all very quickly.

34 weeks now and as described above, I'm at the "when is this going to end" stage already. But it's ok, I'm starting to collect a few things together now so it's getting a bit more real and exciting. I found a changing mat on eBay, a seller here in Cardiff, turns out she's a friend of mine! That was funny.

Have I missed any birth announcements?? I'll go and check now...

Ooo by the way if the forum TENS is still available I'd like to borrow it please! Bit scared of more back labour :?
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kanga » 31 Jul 2014, 09:36

I'm 28 weeks now & finally got a third mw appt tomorrow! Will be the first time we've heard baby's heartbeat!!

Today I am sitting in the hospital have a glucose tolerance test. An hour into my 2 hour wait now. Got music & a book but it is warm & I'm uncomfy - chair is giving me a numb bum!!

Otherwise everything is just plodding along. Baby quite active and people keep commenting on the size of my bump. I've actually not put on a huge amount of weight though somehow. Or the baby has sucked it out of the rest of me!! Getting much more backache than last time & feel like I'm waddling already but don't think it's as bad as it feels!! Hope not or the next 12 weeks will be interesting!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 31 Jul 2014, 11:36

I remember that 2 hours Kanga. In fact, I used it to read gill rapely's book!

Hugs to all the waddly mama's, and to all those of us with sickness. I had been on a really successful healthy eating plan and had lost over a stone. But my sickness means I can get pretty mucH just eat toast and chips. And cannot stomach any fruit or veg. Really hoping this will be temporary and I can get back on it soon...
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Kanga » 31 Jul 2014, 13:02

Sympathies nearlymum. I just wanted salted stuff to keep sickness away, especially crisps. I'm sure you'll be be able to be back to the healthy eating soon.

2 hours in the hospital was good for finally getting to the end of the book I've been reading for ages!!

Forgot to say earlier though, I've been having some nosebleeds, which appears to be normal from what I've read, but has never happened before! Will mention it to mw tomorrow just in case!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby ToothFairy » 31 Jul 2014, 17:11

I only get nosebleeds when I'm pregnant Kanga. I may have been known to POAS because I had a nosebleed :oops:
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Kanga » 31 Jul 2014, 18:00

That's reassuring tf. Everything I read said it's a normal part of pregnancy and likely just to get worse until baby come. The joy! Didn't happen at all with the other 2 though!

Kanga

Postby Biddy » 01 Aug 2014, 20:47

I've also had a couple of nosebleeds this pregnancy, one was very sudden and explosive! I don't remember it happening before either. They didn't last long though, not worried.

They definitely seem to do things differently here when it comes to midwife appts. I have my second midwife appointment next week at 35 weeks !
I suppose my anti-D injection at 28 weeks was sort of a midwife appointment as they did check my blood pressure and measured the bump. Still, feels a bit weird that I'm so close to the end and I've only met my surgery midwife once.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Maggie#4 » 01 Aug 2014, 20:49

(((()))) for sickness, nose bleeds and waddling.
Feeling a bit more real now as I finally had my booking in appt at 9+5 after they lost my self referral. Hope the scans/cons referral are on time now (and not while we are away) as they are a big part of my sanity.
Maggie#4

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy