Pregnancy updates-July

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates-July

Postby monkeydo » 13 Jul 2014, 12:29

Wish I could get some sleep!

I‘m loving this burst of rain, I went and stood in it last night to get cool and it was brilliant.
Mum to little man J born February 2012 and little lady R born July 2014
monkeydo

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 13 Jul 2014, 16:36

My least favourite bit of pregnancy - I have a migraine and paracetamol doesn't touch it :(
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Jaymlin » 13 Jul 2014, 20:46

Migraines and pregnancy must really suck and especially with it being so warm. ((((()))) to you.

The heat has finally gotten to me. I'm 37 weeks and I feel like I'm getting slower and slower. I love the sunshine and I love being outside with F but I'm not loving how draining it is. Met office forecasts 25 degrees this week....I think I'll melt!
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby FestiveTidings » 13 Jul 2014, 20:51

nearlymumtobabyfk wrote:My least favourite bit of pregnancy - I have a migraine and paracetamol doesn't touch it :(

Dark room, no pillows and a cold flannel on my forehead worked for me. As did sleeping it off, but these days don't have that luxury!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Biddy » 14 Jul 2014, 10:56

(((Nmtbfk))) migraines in pregnancy really suck. I hope this stage is over with quickly for you. The heat doesn't help. Make sure you're drinking lots, I think it makes a difference to my migraines.

As for keeping cool, ugh it's not easy. I've taken to pouring cool water over my head and face, then standing next to an open doorway or window to catch the breeze. Very refreshing! Last year I wasn't pregnant but I was still roasting in the heat, so I would have a tepid shower, making sure to get my hair wet which was tied in a bun at the nape of my neck, then not dry off and just step straight into some loose clothing. It's a great way to cool down, especially with water dripping down my back from my hair.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 14 Jul 2014, 14:36

Thanks guys. It was rubbish, and today i feel like i've tim travelled or something. Bleeuurgghh. Just about to shoot off from work early.... In the back of my mind i have this niggling worry that it was because there's some kind of hormone flux that could jeapordise the baby. It's so early; it feels so fragile. And i'm still having rubbish ligament (or whatever they are) pains. Oh i just wish this very first bit would hurry up so i know everything is safe...... Can you tell i've got post migraine blues??
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Kanga » 16 Jul 2014, 13:58

How is everyone coping this week? Nearlymum, I hope you have got over your migraine now. The heat is so much bothering me in itself, it's just making me really tired. Plus Ds has had pox so we've had a week of unsettled nights.

I feel like I'm feeling this pg more than the others but didn't do summer with either of them. Or have 2 children!! ;) Dd was older when I was expecting ds too so I thinking lifting him, bending over his cot is making me more achy. I've also been getting pain under my bump when I walk. I don't have to go far or walk very fast but it's there. Almost like a stitch. I wonder if it's some kind of Braxton hicks tbh, but didn't feel them this early with ds.

Still, can't really complain though, the pg is very straightforward. 26 weeks today so will finally be seeing the mw again in a couple of weeks!!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby pirate_han » 19 Jul 2014, 17:21

I'm just home from hospital after a three night stay with 3++ ketones. IV fluids have sorted me out but there was plenty of miserable digging for dehydrated veins :( on the plus side only one nurse out of many was horrible to me - she said last night why are you on fluids? I said I have hyperemesis. She said of course you don't, if you did you wouldn't be passing urine (oh right, I forgot women with HG don't wee for nine months, I think the past 48 hours of IV fluids may have a little something to do with me weeing, you idiot). She then stood over me lecturing me about 'the process of ketones' (like I don't know about ketones) and forced me to eat some jelly and then crowed when my ketones were 1+ that 'I told you so! It was the jelly!'. Oh yes it must be three spoons of jelly, nothing to do with the said 48 hours of IV fluids you said I didn't need.

And now I have come home to a child with the pox :scream
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Kanga » 19 Jul 2014, 18:16

Oh p_h, sorry you had such a useless nurse. Honestly, what ridiculous things to say. Sorry you were in hospital at all but glad you are home now. Hope B copes ok with the pox, we've just come through the other side. Hope you can get a bit of rest at home too ((()))
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby mindy » 19 Jul 2014, 22:36

Three nights? Oh, you must have been poorly, they won't keep you in for love nor money these days. You poor girl, how are you feeling now? Really hope it settles down soon, and that spotty B doesn't feel too awful. Please try to rest and take things easy xx
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby pirate_han » 20 Jul 2014, 12:34

Thanks ladies. Feel much stronger now I'm hydrated again but still very nauseous/retchy and constantly need to spit. I'm trying to rest, find it really hard as someone who struggles to sit still usually, I keep having to remind myself that I can't manage as something as silly as climbing the stairs can make me vom. DH is being great but he can't have any time off this week and now B has the pox she can't go to nursery so it's going to be tough. My mum is going to stay over and come to the GP with me on Wednesday as my sick note runs out then, she is a superstar and has offered to pay for a private prescription of Ondansetron (usually used for chemo patients who react with vomiting, really positive results for Hyperemesis patients but there is a reluctance to prescribe as it is very expensive) that I can use so I can get some enjoyment of a holiday we're supposed to be going on (with mum) next month. Love her. I don't have the energy to fight for medication etc with the GP so mum is going to fight for me and will pay privately if necessary.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby monkeydo » 23 Jul 2014, 12:05

p_h that does not sound fun, glad you‘ve got family support.

I‘m 39 weeks today and questioning every twinge and niggle! I have near constant braxton hicks driving me crazy. With J my waters broke without any other symptoms at 39 + 2 so I didn‘t have to symptom-spot, it was just happening! This time I feel like I have no idea what I‘m looking for. Baby is 2/5 palpable as of Monday and ROA so in a great position.

I‘m starting to get impatient even though I know I could have another 3 weeks to go. Heat not helping!
Mum to little man J born February 2012 and little lady R born July 2014
monkeydo

Postby mamapup » 23 Jul 2014, 18:20

Weighing in to ask if anyone wants the forum tens machine?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby junglewonderland » 24 Jul 2014, 02:10

I can recommend tens for anyone thinking about it. I will def be using it for this birth (but am a bit far away, in both space and time for the forum machine!)

PH, what a rotten week for you! I was so happy to read on the other thread your GP visit went well. ((())) to all suffering in the heat. Monkeydo, you are so close now! Will be watching closely for announcements!

We are away on holiday now and it is lovely. We are staying with family and I have found not doing any cooking, washing etc has done wonders for my back. I have been looking at a birth board of people who are all due the same month as me but I should stop. A few people have had blighted ovums, and found out at their early scan that there is a yolk and sac there but no baby, despite their pregnancy symptoms, and sometimes even a lack of bleeding. So I am trying to wait patiently for my first scan at 20 weeks and not think about having a blighted ovum. I don't remember being this paranoid last pregnancy!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 24 Jul 2014, 08:38

Bleurrgghh. The vomit has started. Just in the morning so far, just nausea the rest of the day. I was only actually suck a couple of times with A, I'm struggling with mornings at work. I'm about to go for a meeting on one of my allotment sites and I'm terrified I'm going to need to vom . I know I'll get used to it in a while, but i'm feeling very sorry for myself. Massive hugs to you p_h, I can't even imagine...
nearlymumtobabyfk

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy