Pregnancy updates-July

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates-July

Postby Jaymlin » 08 Jul 2014, 21:22

Monkeydo I can't believe your bags are packed, let alone in the car. I'm 36 weeks and have only just ordered a new overnight bag/holdall. Hmmmm maybe I need to get my backside in to gear.

Apparently I am massive! It seems I carry big. I didn't really realise with F or maybe I've forgotten but every one who asks me how long I have left give the same reasponses when told 4weeks. It's either 'wow you're massive'or 'are you sure you're not having twins'.

And thanks to the guy who wished me luck for all the pain I'm about to go through although being my second child it'll probably just fall out! Yep, thanks for that!
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby EnigmaFish » 08 Jul 2014, 23:03

(((Mindy))) I hope everything has turned out okay.

I have nothing ready. My bags aren't packed and all our new baby clothes are still packed away. You'd think I was in denial or something.

Jaymlin, your man's comment reminded me of something: to do my pelvic floor exercises! So even though he was rude and ignorant, he was useful!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby mindy » 09 Jul 2014, 11:09

EPAU don't want to see me, just to keep my existing GP appointment next week and they will refer from there if necessary. I don't think anything will be needed, there is no doubt that the pregnancy has ended. Am feeling so sad and empty, and it is so unfair that you still feel pregnant even when you aren't. Finding it very difficult to concentrate today.
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 09 Jul 2014, 11:14

(((((Mindy))))) it's horrible, and so unfair. Wish I had wise words but I don't think I do. Knowing that there was nothing I could have done to prevent it helped a little bit xx
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby mindy » 09 Jul 2014, 12:26

Thank you RR, I know you have experienced this recently too, I really appreciate your thoughts. I keep telling myself that it means something wasn't right, and if that's the case rather it happened now than later. I feel a fraud for being so devastated when we only knew for a week, but in that week you have mapped out and re shaped the rest of your life, haven't you? Hugs to you too x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 09 Jul 2014, 12:52

mindy wrote:Thank you RR, I know you have experienced this recently too, I really appreciate your thoughts. I keep telling myself that it means something wasn't right, and if that's the case rather it happened now than later. I feel a fraud for being so devastated when we only knew for a week, but in that week you have mapped out and re shaped the rest of your life, haven't you? Hugs to you too x

Yes, absolutely. I think different people react in different ways. My DH was upset, but for him it was just a shame it didn't work out. For me it was a potential son or daughter I now won't get to meet. A person who didn't get to be a person. I am trying to think more like him. It makes it easier.

I think I will be able to let go once I am pregnant again. For now I just feel cheated.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Cofa's Tree » 09 Jul 2014, 20:39

mindy wrote:in that week you have mapped out and re shaped the rest of your life, haven't you?

Oh yes. You make room for them in your family and then they just disappear on you, leaving their gap for a while. I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out mindy x. Look after yourself these next few days. And more hugs to you too RR - fingers crossed the coming months will bring some positive news for you.
Cofa's Tree

Postby NorthernKitten » 09 Jul 2014, 21:14

((((Hugs all round))))

Had scan today - which prompted me to finally pull my head out of the sand it's been stuck on for 2 months.

Apparently DH saw me smile for te first time in weeks. Which is good.
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby monkeydo » 09 Jul 2014, 21:32

((So sorry mindy)) I hope you have the support you need and the time and space to deal with everything (If that‘s even possible to do).

I‘ve had a crazy busy day today at work and getting lots of twinges this evening, my body‘s way of telling me to slow the hell down. Chance would be a fine thing!
Mum to little man J born February 2012 and little lady R born July 2014
monkeydo

Postby Maggie#4 » 09 Jul 2014, 22:31

((((Mindy))))
Maggie#4

Postby junglewonderland » 09 Jul 2014, 22:37

(((Mindy)))
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby babylexsmommy » 10 Jul 2014, 02:09

Doc says any day now the twins could come. He anticipates them to be healthy as a scan shows them to be both over 5 lbs and practicing breathing with their little lungs! I'm ready but then again i am not. Have been feeling pressure and small cramp like moments but nothing painful. I am starting to swell up at work and today b/p was high but it went back down after resting. So all in all the doctor says i am carrying twins so well. I am just thankful there have been no complications! Best wishes to everyone baking and birthing!
Mama to Lex -Sept. 2010, Lana and Lane -July 2014
babylexsmommy

Postby Kitcameron » 10 Jul 2014, 07:27

Ooh blm, good luck. I'm not sure I'd ever be ready for twins, I'm not sure I was ready for my second in some ways, I just sort of decided I'd wait until she came and then get sorted. She had somewhere to sleep and some clothes to wear and me to feed her when she came and as far as I was concerned that was enough lol (oh and two parents and a very proud big sister to give lots of love, cuddles and kisses of course)

(((Mindy))) be gentle with yourself and give yourself time, don't ever feel like a fraud just because you only knew about lo for a week.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby pirate_han » 10 Jul 2014, 08:18

(((Mindy))) just seen this. I'm so sorry. It's so unfair.

Good luck blm!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Biddy » 10 Jul 2014, 19:51

(((Mindy))) you mustn't feel like a fraud. I lost one at 7 weeks and I thought I'd be fine with it, but actually it knocked me sideways and I was surprised how upset I was. Take it easy and give yourself time. Xx

It's nice to catch up on where everyone else is. Lots of babies due soon, how exciting! I'm impressed bags are packed and people are so prepared! Absolutely nowhere near ready. Not even a single item of baby clothing purchased yet. I've cut up some fleece babywipes and I've made some cord ties, that's about it! I'm 31 or 32 weeks now, I've lost count. Not feeling too bad. SPD plays up some days but generally it's been fine. It was worse in the first trimester and beginning of second. I'm TIRED though. And needing to drink a lot. I have a nice big bump now which makes the rest of me look slimmer in comparison so that's good :) if you can ignore the massive backside that is.

Reading about DHs being disinterested. Mine was the same with 2nd pg. It's almost amusing. Pg #1 he was carrying all bags etc for me "I'll carry the bags, you're carrying the baby", making a lot of fuss over the bump etc. Pg #2 he seems almost bored by the whole thing and I'm carrying all the bags. Pg #3 I'm still carrying all the bags and on top of that he's not blinking an eye when I have to do heavy manual work, lifting heavy stuff and moving furniture etc. Even when I tell him I'm getting significant braxton hicks contractions afterwards?? Sheesh.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy