Pregnancy updates-July

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy updates-July

Postby Kanga » 03 Jul 2014, 09:05

How are we all doing at the mo? Are there many babies due this month? Hope the heat isn't getting to anyone too much.

I feel like I'm just plodding a long really. 24 weeks now and feeling lots of movements which is lovely. Not so much it's uncomfy yet so just enjoying it. Can't really complain at the mo actually, sleeping ok (apart from the other children! :wink: ) and largely enjoying the 2nd trimester bit of feeling pregnant but not too huge!

Had one mum at school the other day tell me it's not showing, which is definitely is. Then on Sunday someone asked how long I had to go & when I said October she said 'you're kidding aren't you?' I made some comment about 3rd time & no muscle tone & she said was I always this big when pregnant. I have a fair bump but don't look like I'm due!! Honestly! ;)

Quick question, I can eat goats cheese can't it? The sort you get in a log shape that is kind of crumbly, not with a rind?
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Re: Pregnancy updates-July

Postby junglewonderland » 03 Jul 2014, 09:54

My SPD seems under control now, after some great advice from Pics, a trip to the physio and some massive lifestyle changes- like not lifting anything heavy, including Koala :(, no vacuuming etc, and having a two hour rest each day. And I'm only 8 weeks! We will have to start telling people soon- a 37 week preggo friend asked me to pick something up off the floor for her and I had to get someone else to do it, she must have thought I was weird!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby EnigmaFish » 03 Jul 2014, 10:00

Yep, there's a few of us due this month - I'm one of them!
It's good to hear you're doing so well, Kanga! My second trimester flew by and was a breeze.

Unfortunately now the ETA is three weeks away, I'm huge, swollen and exhausted. :(
I can't get a decent nights sleep now - I'm too hot. I wake up in the morning and my hands are swollen and itchy. Then, they go down and my feet swell up instead. During the day, though, the heat isn't bothering me too much.
I think we've started "practice" contractions. I didn't have any with Kleintje - we went from nothing to labour in a few hours. But there's definitely something happening occasionally, and while it's not painful it's definitely uncomfortable. Would that be classified as braxton hicks or early contractions?

Regarding Comments: I've had the same number of people tell me I'm very neat as I have had tell me I'm huge. (And seriously, how the hell is it acceptable to tell a hormonal woman she's huge‽)
I'm afraid I don't know the official line on goat's cheese. I have eaten some whilst pregnant and I had no ill effects. That's all I could tell you. :wink:
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby FestiveTidings » 03 Jul 2014, 10:41

Goats cheese: as long as it's made from pasteurised milk you are ok to eat it. The only cheeses you have to avoid are wet mouldy ones (Gorgonzola) and unpasteurised ones.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Kanga » 03 Jul 2014, 12:01

Wet mouldy cheese, sounds delightful! ;) Thanks though, that is what I thought so will check the goats cheese label.

EF I thought you were due soon, exciting! Sorry you're feeling uncomfy though. I don't know how people can have such differing views on bump size and anyway what business is it of theirs?! I agree telling a pg woman she's huge is not on!

Sounds like it could be Braxton hicks EF. Whatever I'm sure it will be doing good for muscles and make the delivery easier :)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby NorthernKitten » 03 Jul 2014, 19:35

At the other end of the timescale - feeling a lot calmer now i've had my booking in appt. Talked a lot of my anxieties through with the (stand-in) midwife, who I think I prefer to the normal one!! Shame I don't get to keep her...

Have initial scan next week (eeps) and then possibly another scan a little later on if I'm right and we're not as far on as my period dates suggest (as next week would be too early for a reliable NT test, we'd have another scan after that). Quite reassuringly, she's put me on consultant led care in the first instance (depression history / asthma / munchkin's tendency to make my blood pressure go loopy), although she said she fully expected he'd discharge me at the first consultant check. Either way, it's got to be good that we're getting an extra level of care this time - although the first two were risk factors last time round, so why they suddenly deem me higher-risk is beyond me.

And I don't know how anyone dares make any comment about bump size. It is what it is and you have no control whatsoever. Hmph. How rude!

Sorry it's been so warm for those of you who are feeling big and bloated and yucky. (((((EF)))))
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby monkeydo » 03 Jul 2014, 20:09

I‘m not sure I can do 4 more weeks of this. I can‘t sleep but I can‘t stay awake either. I feel like I constantly have "The Rage" but I‘m trying to be happy mummy all the time for J because it‘s not his fault. I‘m still working for 2 more weeks but I feel a bit spaced out and have dropped off a couple of times in the hot afternoon - so embarrasing!

DH was really hands on last pregnancy, practising my hypnbirthing with me, feeling baby kick, running me a bath etc. This time you would think he hadn‘t really noticed I‘m 8 months pregnant. Or maybe I‘m being hypersensitive?

Bump size comments - a lady at work who has NEVER spoken to me before came up to me today and said "I hate to say this but that baby is going to be huge". Erm, thanks?! Actually I‘m measuring small for dates but I‘m only 5 ft so my front is all bump.

Sorry, that was a total rant. But I needed it!
Mum to little man J born February 2012 and little lady R born July 2014
monkeydo

Postby Jaymlin » 03 Jul 2014, 20:20

I'm due in 31 days so beginning of August but not long now. The heat today was abit much for me but I'm not complaining. F and I spend hours sitting and playing in the garden under the apple tree and im loving getting a bit of colour in my usually pale skin.

I've been told this week that my bump looks odd or it might have been weird and someone else pointed out that it's 'all just there' whilst gesturing with her hands in front of her tummy. Where else is the baby meant to be if not at the front?!

I think all the baby talk and getting the baby stuff ready is beginning to affect F. She's not sleeping so well (even less than normal) and has become ever so slightly clingy. She hates the midwife touching me and has started having what I think are night terrors.

Monkeydo my DP seems to have forgotten I'm 8 months too. He's gone away to France for the week mountain biking and when we've spoken on the phone he's not ask about the baby once!

Good luck to all those due this month.
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby EnigmaFish » 03 Jul 2014, 21:18

I've a friend who is due the week after me, and we were also complaining about this the other day: what happened to the excited, compassionate partners we had last time we were pregnant???? I definitely got spoiled better the last time.

Another moan: trying to get my actual question out before the doctor answers what she thinks is my question. Yesterday at a standard check-up I asked if they could give me an idea of the baby's size right now. Why? Pq I want to know if I should unpack Kleintje's tiny baby clothes or go straight to the newborn stuff. As an answer, the doctor started telling me about options for getting the baby to come out early. (Sweeps, etc.) What???!?!

The thing is that, despite the heat and the sleep deprivation ((((monkeydo)))), I don't want this baby to come early. I know that the first few months with a newborn are hard. I've done it already. I am looking forward to it, and I'm not looking forward to it. You know what I mean?
Plus, my dad is coming over on the 18th. He's coming to help out and to play with Kleintje and... it really means a lot to me to have someone from my family come into the hospital to see me with the baby.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby pirate_han » 04 Jul 2014, 11:09

I don't want to bring the thread down but I am miserable. Still puking, still off work, with the one positive that I have stayed out of hospital so far.

I had my booking appointment this week and I got the same useless midwife as last time, joy. My GP had put in my notes that I needed an early scan (to check for twins) and she didn't even bother asking the hospital, just said they wouldn't scan me early unless I'd had several miscarriages, which is bull but I didn't have the energy to argue. I had already fought with her to book in at the hospital I wanted - it meant she had to fill out paper notes as well as computer as they only accept fax referrals and she clearly couldn't be arsed and tried her best to get me to choose another - and didn't have any more left in me. Roll on Feb.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Kanga » 04 Jul 2014, 12:54

Sorry you had a useless mw again p_h. Glad you fought with her about the hospital though. Also really glad you have avoided hospital so far, hope you are able to rest and keep yourself at home. Is there any way the gp could ring the hospital directly & get a scan booked?

Kanga

Postby pirate_han » 04 Jul 2014, 13:02

They probably could Kanga, it just seems a bit pointless as I'm
10 weeks now, by the time I've requested another GP appointment and they've booked a scan my 12 one will probably have come through anyway. Plus a) I doubt drawing attention to the fact that my mw has effectively overruled a doctor will score me points with her, and b) if it is twins I don't actually want to know lol!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Kanga » 04 Jul 2014, 14:41

Wow, didn't realise you were as far as 10 weeks already and yes, it probably wouldn't go down well with the mw. Hadn't thought of it that way!

Kanga

Postby mamapup » 04 Jul 2014, 17:53

Ph, can you be bothered to swap midwife? I did and it was the best pregnancy decision I made.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby pirate_han » 04 Jul 2014, 17:58

What did you have to do mp? It isn't that mine is horrible, she's perfectly nice, she's just lazy and does the absolute bare minimum. I told her I had HG and she didn't even check my urine (for protein/ketones) which is the first thing any GP I've seen has done. I remember last time asking if I could listen to the heartbeat, as a first time excited mum, and it would have taken her all of two minutes but she said 'oh no we don't need to do that until 28w'
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Next

Return to Pregnancy